ADVERTISEMENT

Down 4, two minutes to go. Who’s the rutgers quarterback you want?

This is how I feel about nova too. Although I wouldn’t trust him on one drive with all the chips down.
His senior season was great. If we can have a quarterback approach that in the BIG again we will be in good shape.
8-5 in the B1G with a win over Michigan, historic comeback against Maryland on the road, and a blowout win over UNC in the bowl game.
Also, think about all that Nova went through I'm his time here. 2 head coaches, 4 offensive coordinators, and he played in 3 different conferences.

My friends and I always poised this question in nfl terms . But let’s say rutgers Is down 4, with a championship on the line. Which rutgers QB do you want?

I know a lot of people wouldn’t agree with this, but I am going Chas Dodd. He was that type of player that just got it done at times . UConn and army games as a frosh come to mind.
I always loved Chas. The answer to your question really depends on where RU has the ball.If there is a lot of distance to make up I would take Scott Erney..

Reactions: shields
My friends and I always poised this question in nfl terms . But let’s say rutgers Is down 4, with a championship on the line. Which rutgers QB do you want?

I know a lot of people wouldn’t agree with this, but I am going Chas Dodd. He was that type of player that just got it done at times . UConn and army games as a frosh come to mind.

I think I would go with any quarterback that got us down by 4 with a championship on the line. That's impressive.

Teel. Although he did play with some ridiculous weapons. A top notch offensive line, Britt, Underwood, harris, brown, tucker. Obviously rice and leonard.
Jesus we had a ton of talent.
Yes we did. In a short while we will think of them as 2nd stringers to those that Greg will be putting on the field.(with the Blessings)

Reactions: Spare130
I’ll go with senior mike Teel. Thought he was our most consistent QB.

I’m going with senior Art Sitkowski After a very consistent junior year Art breakouts with an all big ten senior year leading them to a big ten championship Beating Wisconsin 31-28 on a touchdown with 37 seconds left

You're overthinking this. Just pick someone. I'll go with Lucas.
I would not.

Overthinking it? If I have Underwood, Tucker & Britt as my receivers along with Harris & Leonard, that's one case. Johnson, King, Carter and Smith another one.

If we have a talented receiving corp like 2006-2008, I'd go with Mike McMahon or Scott Erney. Maybe Tom Savage. Less talented I'd want a scrambler like Chas Dodd. Hell, McMahon fit that description given how piss poor the teams he played with were. If we had a receiving corp which was more of a short yardage type group, i.e., dink and dunk, I'd go with Ryan Hart.

I would not.

Overthinking it? If I have Underwood, Tucker & Britt as my receivers along with Harris & Leonard, that's one case. Johnson, King, Carter and Smith another one.

If we have a talented receiving corp like 2006-2008, I'd go with Mike McMahon or Scott Erney. Maybe Tom Savage. Less talented I'd want a scrambler like Chas Dodd. Hell, McMahon fit that description given how piss poor the teams he played with were. If we had a receiving corp which was more of a short yardage type group, i.e., dink and dunk, I'd go with Ryan Hart.

I think you’re overthinking it too!

He got us in position with ito attempting that long field goal at wvu for the win.
But it was real long and was asking a lot for ito to make that .

In that weather...it was asking a lot of ito for sure

The three play call prior to that ...we kicked that field goal on 4th down...kills me to this day.

want some irony...I predicted on the official Rutgers-west Virginia prediction thread

“Rutgers to the orange bowl 27-24...ito from 53 at the gun” (it would have been 26-23, of course)

Painful miss, but the play calling on the last series kills me to this day to have to fall back to that

Reactions: Plum Street
In that weather...it was asking a lot of ito for sure

The three play call prior to that ...we kicked that field goal on 4th down...kills me to this day.

want some irony...I predicted on the official Rutgers-west Virginia prediction thread

“Rutgers to the orange bowl 27-24...ito from 53 at the gun” (it would have been 26-23, of course)

Painful miss, but the play calling on the last series kills me to this day to have to fall back to that

You might have to refresh my memory on that last series. I do remember on third down we threw an incomplete pass. I was screaming before that play to run it to get the field goal under 50. And maybe rice breaks one

I’m going with senior Art Sitkowski After a very consistent junior year Art breakouts with an all big ten senior year leading them to a big ten championship Beating Wisconsin 31-28 on a touchdown with 37 seconds left
Heh :Pray: :Praying:

I would sign for this . I would even sign for him throwing a pick on the last drive and we lose in the big ten championship game right now!

I' bias here because he's one of my best friends..I'll go with Tom Tarver.

Rutgers also won at Spartan Stadium, 14-7, in 1991 when Tom Tarver found Antoine Moore for the go-ahead touchdown with 46 seconds remaining.

Reactions: RutHut
I' bias here because he's one of my best friends..I'll go with Tom Tarver.

Rutgers also won at Spartan Stadium, 14-7, in 1991 when Tom Tarver found Antoine Moore for the go-ahead touchdown with 46 seconds remaining.
Best play action seller in the history of the game.

He would even fake out cameramen and directors in the truck.

Frank Burns.

Flinging Frank went 27-7 on the banks in three years.He was the MVP in the College All-Star Game of 1949.

Fortay..more than just the one play in that VT Halloween game..we were a few scores down..the last 2 minutes, the passes to Mario Henry, Brantley, it was a pro level 2 minute drill in the style of Stabler, Montana, Brady..
While he wasn’t our best quarterback, or the one with the strongest arm, he might have been the most cerebral..unfortunately he got all sidetracked, and his career went off the tracks. Imagine having QBs the caliber of Lucas and Fortay both on the team this year..

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT