ADVERTISEMENT

Drink craft beer and support American history!

Jul 1, 2010
The Metlar Bodine House Museum in Piscataway is having a beer tasting fundraiser this Friday night, October 11, from 6:30 to 9pm. The tasting will take place in this historic house whose oldest section dates back to 1728. We will have 30 or more tasting offerings from both NJ brewers like Cypress, Beach Haus, Flying Fish, Harvest Moon as well as other regional/national brands - Bell's, Lagunitas, Stone. Also included in the entry price is some lite food fare - pretzels, cheese, mini sandwiches, - plus live music by Ralph Notaro.

The cost is $35 in advance, $40 at the door, and for some of the more recent graduates, $25 for under 30 years old. All proceeds support this historic house museum, which also serves as a cultural center for Piscataway and many of the neighboring communities. We have had many events in the past for local schools, scouts, and senior groups. The Fellowship for Metlar House, who is putting on this event, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose goal is to support this valuable local museum. Our group is made up of folks who volunteer their time to keep this museum alive and prospering.

The museum is just down the road from SHI Stadium, at the corner of Rt. 18 and River Road. Access for the House and parking is actually behind the House. Those who attend will pass another famous site - Greg Schiano's former house! Our parking and driveway is just another couple 100 feet further down Logan Lane. The turn off River Road to get to Logan Lane is Hillcrest Drive.

I hope some of you will be able to attend. We did this 2 years ago and it was a great night - very popular with the attendees! I especially expect to see some of you Piscataway folk...….

Thanks to all for considering!
HC

https://www.metlarbodinehousemuseum.org/brewing

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT