ADVERTISEMENT

Duggan Changing Roles - Off RU Beat

I would have to believe this would be considered a promotion, no?

Reactions: 17Q66
Great to hear. Hopefully back to someone actually knowledgeable like Aditi Kinkhabwala.

Reactions: satnom
Oy good new for Rutgers fans but bad new for Giants fan. I can see it now with him digging up dirt on Eli from twenty years ago.

hmmmmmmmmmm....

not able to pick on an uncoordinated, public institution with little money and barely any leadership...... versus picking on grown men with nearly limitless resources who won't take any crap from a little pencil necked geek.....

yup.... no way he doesn't succeed..........

So his first article be about eli Apple' mom not being happy about playing time and her calling the giants to say he was picked on.

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
Having a pro team beat is a big deal, and these jobs get more rare all the time.

I also would expect a woman to be brought into the Rutgers beat.

Having a pro team beat is a big deal, and these jobs get more rare all the time.

I also would expect a woman to be brought into the Rutgers beat.

If it's Aditi I'm fine with that. She and Todd Hunt have been the 2 best over the past decade.

Reactions: MADHAT1
If it's Aditi I'm fine with that. She and Todd Hunt have been the 2 best over the past decade.
Aditi is working on NFL Network. As much we all like her, she's not coming back to do the beat for RU.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Aditi is working on NFL Network. As much we all like her, she's not coming back to do the beat for RU.
She is great. But really the SL has as much chance of getting her back from the NFL as we have in getting Tom McCarthy to give up his Phillies gig to come back for play by play.

I would have to believe this would be considered a promotion, no?
It's the cheapest option they had. He certainly didn't get it on journalistic integrity or quality journalism.

Dave Hutchinson went from covering Rutgers to covering the Jets to covering small towns municipal meetings at night.

Dave Hutchinson went from covering Rutgers to covering the Jets to covering small towns municipal meetings at night.
Dave Hutchinson had a story about a traffic accident he other day. He is really in a different role there. Maybe he would come onto the RU beat?

Sports writers sometime take local nonsports beats in exchange for job security......or some times they have that choice made for them.

Oy good new for Rutgers fans but bad new for Giants fan. I can see it now with him digging up dirt on Eli from twenty years ago.
Crappy, irresponsible journalism can't destroy NFL players or teams. As he will undoubtedly find out.

A lot of Duggan hate here that was earned, but it looked like he turned the corner 6-8 months ago and was doing some decent stories. Was not sure how Sarge and Duggan divided their coverage, but they still have Sarge to cover Rutgers, as well as Todderick.

So his first article be about eli Apple' mom not being happy about playing time and her calling the giants to say he was picked on.
Why do i have the feeling you may be right? Esp since Ma Apple is already trying a to be personality off her kid.

Last edited:

Nah.. you guys miss the point. Whoever has the rutgers job at these places wants the pro jobs, jets, giants, mets, yankees, phillies etc. And they know how to get it.. slam Rutgers, pay your dues, show you are a company man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT