ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shoprite changing self serve to be 20 items or less

For the most part chains basically make you load their App. for special coupon sales … that is to get the price on items other than those say on their Can Can sale. People are now more apt to complain about anything which THEY consider unfair or trickery or unethical … many of the items are what is called “ LOCKED IN SAVINGS” for 30-60 days. It does confuse but that is what I hear when I listen to the head honcho😜

Completely agree, it's like they want the card holders to become engaged on a whole other level. At least they're better than Stop & Plop: if you're in the store and there's a digital coupon for something you don't have on your card, you can go to the service desk and they'll add it to your card. Stop & Plop won't do that.
Stop n Shop ( where an arm and a leg is not going to save you much at all ) those programs are like “ HITS” on a webcast or YouTube person gets .

So I have ShopRite Price Plus Number/Account.

Those digital coupons are weird to me. If I have a Price Plus Number, just give me the discount. No need to go into the app or my account and click a digital coupon. Just automatically apply all coupons to my account and if i happen to buy an item that has a coupon, give it to me.

Its weird how some things are automatically discounted if you have a Price Plus but others you have to click/add the coupon to your account. Unless I am doing something wrong here with my account. Granted, it's not like I am saving a ton here and I probably miss a ton of discounts because I either just miss them or don't care/too lazy to go clip the coupon.
because they want to scam you, thats why they place products that are different sizes or not part of the sale explicit right near the sale...you pick up the 15.4 oz accidently when its the 14 oz thats on sale. You see the sign 6 for 10 but you had to load the digital coupon first otherwise you ending paying $3 each and it costs you $18

pure shenanigens

That's cool, as long as the cost of cashless processing is shared, or at least is transparent.

When I ran my boardwalk water ice shop, there were so many people who howled when I started passing half the credit card processing fee onto them. Hey, if you want your utopia of cashless transactions, Mr. Customer, it's on you as well as on me...
Yes , the entitled American thinking they should
never have pay for a service. Now who or whom has actually caused this goal of a cashless society ? The same who wish to track your every need… they all do it for this reason. Who shops where… who buys what… who follows whom…,see that is the new system of doing business. Enjoy it .

because they want to scam you, thats why they place products that are different sizes or not part of the sale explicit right near the sale...you pick up the 15.4 oz accidently when its the 14 oz thats on sale. You see the sign 6 for 10 but you had to load the digital coupon first otherwise you ending paying $3 each and it costs you $18

pure shenanigens
Man you are so delusional… you can’t be serious with that charge…Ha 😆

Stop n Shop ( where an arm and a leg is not going to save you much at all ) those programs are like “ HITS” on a webcast or YouTube person gets .

Not necessarily, you just have to shop smart. Both stores (ShopRite and Stop & Plop) in Wayne are close to each other, so usually I line up the best items from both and hit them in 1 trip. Also, I usually work in a stop to my candy store which is in between them, er, I mean Shay's which has a great single malt scotch selection.

Not necessarily, you just have to shop smart. Both stores (ShopRite and Stop & Plop) in Wayne are close to each other, so usually I line up the best items from both and hit them in 1 trip. Also, I usually work in a stop to my candy store which is in between them, er, I mean Shay's which has a great single malt scotch selection.
There’s no comparison … if you are talking weekly… or specific items on sale pretty tough to beat with Shop Shop . Tell me again about market shares of these two ? I’ll be on the side… trust me it ain’t close.

You are talking about alcohol sales or supermarket items ? Sure one week S and S has canned tuna or similar on sale . I would suggest you shop where you can get the best price … any Food Exec. worth his salt will tell in this day and age go to multiple stores … look for the best price … you would be foolish not to. If you are able to do this it is a money saver but many just can’t do that especially elderly , fixed income types.

Compare the actual volume at a Shop Rite vs Stop n Shop. It’s because of the number of weekly turns which drives the beast forward. Also $$$$ … credit stability all a part of game.

There’s no comparison … if you are talking weekly… or specific items on sale pretty tough to beat with Shop Shop . Tell me again about market shares of these two ? I’ll be on the side… trust me it ain’t close.

You are talking about alcohol sales or supermarket items ? Sure one week S and S has canned tuna or similar on sale . I would suggest you shop where you can get the best price … any Food Exec. worth his salt will tell in this day and age go to multiple stores … look for the best price … you would be foolish not to. If you are able to do this it is a money saver but many just can’t do that especially elderly , fixed income types.

I'm talking specific items - I'd say the majority of our purchases are at ShopRite, but if we need Item X and Stop & Plop has it on sale, well that's where we go.

Alcohol sales? Where'd you get that?

Did you mention “ a great single scotch malt”… now that is perfectly fine😜

Did you mention “ a great single scotch malt”… now that is perfectly fine😜

I mentioned the place I stop at when I go to both stores which lies between them, i.e., my candy store equivalent:

Also, I usually work in a stop to my candy store which is in between them, er, I mean Shay's which has a great single malt scotch selection.

Shay’s Liquors

Reactions: RUBOB72
Speaking of Shoprite, I’ve heard from some of the employees at the Flemington one that this year is the last year of the Can Can sale. Supposedly its been an annual thing for decades.

• Wow
Reactions: bac2therac
Speaking of Shoprite, I’ve heard from some of the employees at the Flemington one that this year is the last year of the Can Can sale. Supposedly its been an annual thing for decades.

Please no no no no no

Can can sale is over now but think they do one again later in the year

pure shenanigens

How are they scamming me with a digital coupon? I am not an idiot. I read what the coupon says and then I make sure I have the one that's on the coupon.

But why make me actually activate the coupon in my account? Just automatically make all coupons active in the Price Plus accounts.

What happens if you don't have your phone with you when you shop?
Got news for you phones will go by wayside too
AR tech is coming dont think anytime soon but it's coming . I guess they havent figured out the off the shelf pricing thing yet. I 100% saw it in action so I know they were or still are working on. It fell in line with the lighting fixtures which housed the technology to do the off the shelf scan. I dont 100% remember how it was done. I 4get whether it was an app on the phone or a unit the store provided...but I dont think the item was scanned it happened automatically. I'm pretty sure you picked it up and put in cart and done automatically w/o scan. It was like 5 yrs ago and hung over from previous night festivities

• Angry
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Not necessarily, you just have to shop smart. Both stores (ShopRite and Stop & Plop) in Wayne are close to each other, so usually I line up the best items from both and hit them in 1 trip. Also, I usually work in a stop to my candy store which is in between them, er, I mean Shay's which has a great single malt scotch

Please no no no no no

Can can sale is over now but think they do one again later in the year
July Can Can… it would not be surprising for them to change to a new updated program . Perhaps the availability of many items and quantities needed is more and more difficult to attain. Just trying to offer people good sales is a problem. It will impact people who rely on these sales in order to help feed their families. I can visualize several ways it may go with their promotions . After 50+ years this is when decisions are made. It is an industry with enormous competition and believe it… low reward.

How are they scamming me with a digital coupon? I am not an idiot. I read what the coupon says and then I make sure I have the one that's on the coupon.

But why make me actually activate the coupon in my account? Just automatically make all coupons active in the Price Plus accounts.

You are literally the one bitching about this

Im just telling you why they do it. $$$

It used to be like that and it should be like that. I assume it's because not everyone pays attention and just sees the digital coupon discount price on the shelf but won't bother to load the coupon or bother to check at the checkout. So the store gets to pocket that money.

I grew up with a mom who always checked receipts and the register scanning. I'd bag and she'd be checking that the prices rung up on the screen were what they were suppose to be. Those kind of habits haven't left me yet lol even though it may not be financially necessary.

That's actually one reason I like self checkout because I can see the prices on the screen as I ring things up. The digital coupons don't actually come off until the very end though until you hit ready to pay or whatever. Same at Wegmans. I'm not sure about WF. Most of the time it's correct but a handful of times the discounts don't come off and occasionally I'll let it slide because I can't be bothered but I'll usually go to customer service for whatever couple bucks it is. I'll roll it into some lotto tickets just for fun.

July Can Can… it would not be surprising for them to change to a new updated program . Perhaps the availability of many items and quantities needed is more and more difficult to attain. Just trying to offer people good sales is a problem. It will impact people who rely on these sales in order to help feed their families. I can visualize several ways it may go with their promotions . After 50+ years this is when decisions are made. It is an industry with enormous competition and believe it… low reward.

Wait..........what does this have to do with single malt scotch?

The digital coupons don't actually come off until the very end though until you hit ready to pay or whatever. Same at Wegmans. I'm not sure about WF. Most of the time it's correct but a handful of times the discounts don't come off

Stop & Plop has become bad with this, and I think it's deliberate. A handful of times over the last few months the discount hasn't come off, and the people working it know about it and manually take it off. But it's obvious that it's missing. Once or twice I can understand there might be a glitch or human error keying it in, but multiple times means that this is planned.

It used to be like that and it should be like that. I assume it's because not everyone pays attention and just sees the digital coupon discount price on the shelf but won't bother to load the coupon or bother to check at the checkout. So the store gets to pocket that money.

I grew up with a mom who always checked receipts and the register scanning. I'd bag and she'd be checking that the prices rung up on the screen were what they were suppose to be. Those kind of habits haven't left me yet lol even though it may not be financially necessary.

That's actually one reason I like self checkout because I can see the prices on the screen as I ring things up. The digital coupons don't actually come off until the very end though until you hit ready to pay or whatever. Same at Wegmans. I'm not sure about WF. Most of the time it's correct but a handful of times the discounts don't come off and occasionally I'll let it slide because I can't be bothered but I'll usually go to customer service for whatever couple bucks it is. I'll roll it into some lotto tickets just for fun.

Ahhh, this makes sense and ties in with what bac said. Now it makes sense.

Got one better I'd go with my best friend to buy suits & clothes I think in Secaucus. For the life of me cannot remember the name of store but they used to write the prices on tags in different colors. He would bring every color marker and write his own prices at GREAT DISCOUNT and get away with it every time....I think it was Syms. Actually I'm 100% certain it was Syms
So in this case “an educated consumer” was DEFINITELY not their best customer 😉

Wait..........what does this have to do with single malt scotch?
It’s all related to the subject . New evidence shows having an alcoholic drink once per week helps reduce the likelihood of Alzheimer’s. So scotch will hopefully clear your mind of plaque. It will also help clear up what you deem appropriate content when being posted on the original topic thread … the number of people complaining when many don’t check the register receipts , don’t call the upfront person over to check if they have a question, or read the price labels on the shelf matching ounces to what the sale calls for. Live in some other countries and compare their complaints. Good luck…

Man you are so delusional… you can’t be serious with that charge…Ha 😆
I agree with @bac2therac on this one- that IS the complete marketing plan and it makes sense.

You have a sale and place items that look so similar as the next item over, under, etc...So many people really do not check the pricing when they are checking out. Yes, 75% of people do but those other 25% - are just going to pay the final bill.
No difference then the old days when so many people never reconciled their check books.

You only have a limited amount of shelf area … manufactures pay top dollar to get those spots normally. Here again… if you find that you were incorrectly charged why not call the store, stop back at customer service on same trip or next shopping adventure? The receipt is your friend and the store is not out to screw you. Is it aggravating certainly but it is easily corrected . They want your business… they don’t want to drive the customer away. That is a fact… you don’t have the volume and sales levels if you were doing questionable things on pricing.

You only have a limited amount of shelf area … manufactures pay top dollar to get those spots normally. Here again… if you find that you were incorrectly charged why not call the store, stop back at customer service on same trip or next shopping adventure? The receipt is your friend and the store is not out to screw you. Is it aggravating certainly but it is easily corrected . They want your business… they don’t want to drive the customer away. That is a fact… you don’t have the volume and sales levels if you were doing questionable things on pricing.

people really dont have the time to wait in a long customer service line or come back the next day. People end up taking the loss on a few dollars. How bout when you buy a $8 watermelon and take it home and its rotten, how often are you going to bring it back...or what about the nasty salad bags shop rite sells that are already brown..dont get me started on the how they put the expired dairy products out in the front for you to take...or when they have the sale but the products have already been scooped up on sunday morning by the workers...or when its Saturday and they already change the posted prices on items that are still technically on sale..or when its Saturday and they hold back the products that still should be on sale and when you look for them there are none...or how about women putting their damn finger nails all over the tomatoes, apples, peppers leaving indentations everywhere, god knows where those fingers have been

people really dont have the time to wait in a long customer service line or come back the next day. People end up taking the loss on a few dollars. How bout when you buy a $8 watermelon and take it home and its rotten, how often are you going to bring it back...or what about the nasty salad bags shop rite sells that are already brown..dont get me started on the how they put the expired dairy products out in the front for you to take...or when they have the sale but the products have already been scooped up on sunday morning by the workers...or when its Saturday and they already change the posted prices on items that are still technically on sale..or when its Saturday and they hold back the products that still should be on sale and when you look for them there are none...or how about women putting their damn finger nails all over the tomatoes, apples, peppers leaving indentations everywhere, god knows where those fingers have been
Stop the nonsense bac2 … people who aren’t happy or feel they were short changed by the store can at least once wait 3-5 minutes and bitch . I go to 2 of the busiest Shop Rite stores in Middlesex county . Most have 2-3 people at minimum at the counter. At peak times more . If you can’t take 5 minutes of your busy life to express your pricing concerns then you don’t need deserve any sympathy . Now you do realize products run out… not very often at SR … if that is a reason and you felt that strongly maybe it is the time to get that rain check . Blaming everyone but perhaps being lazy on your part. When you are selling to several thousand customers on the busiest grocery shopping day of the week statistically…a Sunday … it can happen. As I have mentioned “ they don’t want a unsatisfied consumer… here’s one thought… I have personally witnessed department supervisors tell the customer take an equal substitutes. Size and type. Otherwise a rain check …,

Last edited:
Bac2 you can bitch about anything but those things happen … they have always happened …like it or not it will get worse or perhaps you haven’t realized the issues the country has had for several years.Did you ever expect to see Salmonella as a weekly staple in your dietary plan… You see it on everything…

Stop the nonsense bac2 … people who aren’t happy or feel they were short changed by the store can at least once wait 3-5 minutes and bitch . I go to 2 of the busiest Shop Rite stores in Middlesex county . Most have 2-3 people at minimum at the counter. At peak times more . If you can’t take 5 minutes of your busy life to express your pricing concerns then you deserve any sympathy . Now you do realize products run out… not very often at SR … if that is a reason and you felt that strongly maybe it is the time to get that rain check . Blaming everyone but perhaps being lazy on your part. When you are selling to several thousand customers on the busiest grocery shopping day of the week statistically…a Sunday … it can happen. As I have mentioned “ they don’t want a unsatisfied consumer… here’s one thought… I have personally witnessed department supervisors tell the customer take an equal substitutes. Size and type. Otherwise a rain check …,
What he is saying is human nature. How many people also get a wrong meal and don’t say anything or cooked wrong?
And 10 people end up grabbing a can of corn for 1.09 vs .79 sale corn, are driving back to the store and wait on line. And a whole lot of people never check their receipt either..,
And for those that do check, come back, return…they get the difference back and apology.
But let’s say 30% of these “mistakes” go in noticed or ignored, store makes out. No harm to them

What he is saying is human nature. How many people also get a wrong meal and don’t say anything or cooked wrong?
And 10 people end up grabbing a can of corn for 1.09 vs .79 sale corn, are driving back to the store and wait on line. And a whole lot of people never check their receipt either..,
And for those that do check, come back, return…they get the difference back and apology.
But let’s say 30% of these “mistakes” go in noticed or ignored, store makes out. No harm to them
Yes it does happen but to say I ‘m not waiting to voice my displeasure … it ain’t a 20 minute wait or even a 10 minute wait on most days.They almost 99.9% of the time are more than happy to get it right.

And then they bare some responsibility for laziness or yes… ignorance. You want the store to make you whole….then tell them… if they aren’t aware don’t bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT