ADVERTISEMENT

Dusty May to Michigan

Haha it was supposedly Louisville a few hours ago.

Get the sense he's not the slapping type

Louisville fans in meltdown mode lol. Scott Drew turned them down, now May

I’m not ready to call it a homerun hire. They had a great run last year, basically brought back the whole team, and ended up only having a decent year in 23-24. They were a preseason top 10 team, lost to 3-4 bad teams, didn’t win their league tournament, and got knocked out in the second round.

I’m not ready to call it a homerun hire. They had a great run last year, basically brought back the whole team, and ended up only having a decent year in 23-24. They were a preseason top 10 team, lost to 3-4 bad teams, didn’t win their league tournament, and got knocked out in the second round.
Yeah I'm with you.

But no matter what, it's an upgrade on Howard. Still bummed they let him go.

And tweaked Louisville and Indy.

He won at Florida Atlantic.

Great coach. Nice hire

i would call it succesful..they beat Arizona, played Illinois close, believe they also beat A&M....the problem is they were never going to replicate that magic from a year ago....tough to get them playing high level all the time when they know they are capable of turning it on vs the top teams, no shame in their loss to NW yesterday

he has 100x the resources at Michigan with NIL money

i thought for sure Ohio State would have gone after him hard but instead settling on their interim

The Field of 68 crew thinks Louisville might go after Sha. Kind of surprising, but that would be fun to watch.

Agreed. Not home run hire. A flash in pan is just that. I actually thought Michigan could do significantly better.

Really surprised Ohio State is staying in house. Dude did a nice job after Holtman got axed, but Michigan is going big time and OSU appears to be playing small ball. We’ll see how it all plays out.

Really surprised Ohio State is staying in house. Dude did a nice job after Holtman got axed, but Michigan is going big time and OSU appears to be playing small ball. We’ll see how it all plays out.
Going "big time"? Really? Guy was unknown until 2022-23. Had great Cinderella run in tourney that year. This year, finished 2nd in conference, and quickly eliminated from tournament, despite overseeding. Wouldn't exactly call that a big time hire.

Dusty May is a very good hire.

Indiana will rue the day

Have a feeling that May will greatly elevate the Michigan program with Beilein like qualities !

Reactions: bac2therac

Another way to look at it: guy took over a 12-19 Conference USA program with one ncaa appearance in its history. Six seasons later and 25 wins, a conference title (edit: lost in AAC tourney), and round of 64 exit was a disappointment. Probably a solid coach.

Reactions: G- RUnit
Another way to look at it: guy took over a 12-19 Conference USA program with one ncaa appearance in its history. Six seasons later and 25 wins, a conference title (edit: lost in AAC tourney), and round of 64 exit was a disappointment. Probably a solid coach.

I agree - he is solid. I’m not sold on him being a “home-run hire” as someone else posted. That’s all.

It’s more than a solid double.
He did a nice job at FLORIDA ALANTIC!
Indiana was chomping at the bit.
It’s a triple at least.

May got $3.75M per for 5 years. Would’ve thought he’d get more if he was in such high demand.

Both Terrance Reed and MCDaniel are in the portal.

May has to start from scratch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT