ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Louisville looking at Sha?

fatsam98

All American
Gold Member
Mar 23, 2005
Mentioned in the Dusty May thread, but deserves one of its own.

Jeff Goodman says Louisville will look at Shaheen Holloway (as well as Pat Kelsey from Charleston, and Amir Abdur-Rahim from USF) after Dusty May had a change of heart and wound up at Michigan.

I would think Louisville could do better.
Smells like Holloway’s agent shaking some branches to get a raise

Scratching my head … grown men calling a coach by a cute little pet name Sha? Let’s call Pikiell Stevie, John John for Calipari, Matty for Gard and Painter, Izzy for Izzo, or Pearlie for Bruce Pearl. Sorry but it’s sounds a bit creepy when Mat Millen calls Saquon Barkley Say Say… it’s the same here. It’s Holloway for Pete’s sake 😉

Scratching my head … grown men calling a coach by a cute little pet name Sha? Let’s call Pikiell Stevie, John John for Calipari, Matty for Gard and Painter, Izzy for Izzo, or Pearlie for Bruce Pearl. Sorry but it’s sounds a bit creepy when Mat Millen calls Saquon Barkley Say Say… it’s the same here. It’s Holloway for Pete’s sake 😉
Everyone calls him Sha. He calls himself Sha. Weird post.

Sure thing Sammie. You wear a Jersey with another man’s name on it too? 🤔

This you?
Anything happen in the handshake line, or was it just jawing with the cult fans? A reporter asked Pike about it in the press conference and Pike brushed it off.

I’d be surprised if he leaves SHU for that job.
Could see it going either way. I know SHU is his home and I think he kind of relishes the underdog role, but where are they going long-term? I don't think they have any NIL.

Maybe the challenge of getting UL back to respectability interests him (plus the huge increase in salary).

It's a tough one.

Could see it going either way. I know SHU is his home and I think he kind of relishes the underdog role, but where are they going long-term? I don't think they have any NIL.

Maybe the challenge of getting UL back to respectability interests him (plus the huge increase in salary).

It's a tough one.
Louisville could easily double his pay and give him an NIL war chest. Itd be a tough job to turn down

Louisville could easily double his pay and give him an NIL war chest. Itd be a tough job to turn down
The negative is higher expectations. At SHU he has a long leash and time to build up. Room to make a few mistakes. At Louisville the pressure cooker will be on him from day one. And if he fails there, he could be washed up before he ever really had a chance to build a track record.

Is Louisville as attractive a job as it once was? No recent success, appears to be a complete rebuild, weakened ACC.

Flip side obviously is a bigger budget to hire a head coach and a larger NIL war chest. But Ville definitely doesn’t have the ‘stain’ it used to.

Reactions: RUDave_01
The negative is higher expectations. At SHU he has a long leash and time to build up. Room to make a few mistakes. At Louisville the pressure cooker will be on him from day one. And if he fails there, he could be washed up before he ever really had a chance to build a track record.
Does he have a longer leash really? What if he misses the tourney next year?

Have you ever met SHU fans? Theyre a totally unrealistic bunch.

Reactions: shields and RuSnp
Have you ever met SHU fans? Theyre a totally unrealistic bunch
Seems like Louisville fans are even more so. Plus they have no reason to be loyal to him. His career as a player and a local should buy him at least a year on top of whatever Ville will give him.

Guess we'll see, but they seem pretty pessimistic over there. These things seem to always take twists and turns

What would slappy think?

Huh? Many people call him Pike.

Huh? Many people call him Pike.
??? So do I … but I don’t call him Stevie or a cute nickname (just sounds wired to me). That’s for the shu crowd that call Holloway Sha, or psu fans that call Barkley Say Say.

'Sha' is short for 'Shaheen' like 'Steve' is short for 'Stephen' or 'Pike' is short for 'Pikiell'

Or 'Geo' is short for 'Geordano'.

Not sure what's wrong with shortening someone's name. Do you call Greg Schiano 'Gregory'?
Figure that out yourself? You’re a smart one.

When speaking of coaches you almost always hear them referred to by their last name Wooden, Hurley, Izzo, Pitino, Calipari, Saban, Parcels, Belichick, Schiano, Pikiell, Stringer… Watch a game, when guys with unique names like Dabo Sweeney or Shaka Smart call a timeout you hear “Sweeney iced the kicker” or “Smart wanted to give his starters a rest.” But with shu fans we hear about some dude called Sha. As a non-shu fan he’s Holloway to me.

Now if you know the guy sure he’s Sha, or Geo, or Ricky, or Skip, or Buddy. Nothing wrong with that… in fact if your name is Richard folks that know you should feel free to call you, Dick or Dickie, or if you’re as short as I imagine Little Dickie would work. See I agree with you.

Dont know how serious Louisville’s interest is with Holloway but I think he parlays the interest into a pay raise for him at Seton Hall

I look for Louisville to hire someone like Will Wade / Wes Miller / Cronin / Lamont Paris etc.

People use 'Greg' all the time. And Deion. And Urban. In basketball, people frequently use Fran. Or CViv. Or Geno. Or Dickie V. Or PJ back in the day.

This is a weird thing to go board-police on.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT