ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie hopes Greg Lewis comes back next year

Greene Rice FIG

Hall of Famer
Dec 30, 2005
Quite honestly I never thought about the possibility he gets his degree and transfers and plays somewhere else next year.

Why wouldn't he. He's been a good soldier. If I where him I would gi

This post was edited on 2/22 9:11 PM by ruman

His uncle is the legendary Reggie Lewis (Rest in Peace).

I was always hard on Greg Lewis and I was wrong. He's matured and improved his game more than any Rutgers player this season.

I wouldn't blame any player for leaving.

Players knew what they were walking into this year.

And not to be honest, not many players on this roster had great other opportunities. Johnson, Williams, Diallo, Goode- Rutgers was their surest chance to play good competition.

Greg Lewis will come back. I sure hope he does. Rutgers has stood by him in his development and he should stand by them.

Geez, I had never really thought about the possibility that Lewis might graduate and head elsewhere. Don't even want to think what next season could be if the "worst case" scenario plays out...Lewis, Etou leave, Sanders not eligible. Truly scary.

There you go. Worse case scenario. If it happens, there is no chance the EJ ever tuns this. NONE
Posted from Rivals Mobile

So sad when you pray for a player of Lewis' talent to come back. We haven't seen rock bottom yet..but Eddie will get us there.

If you are looking for this team's true warrior it is Greg Lewis. He has gotten better every year and sacrificed a whole season for the program. When Jordan yanked his starters in the 2nd half against Iowa who was the 1 guy who still got the minutes?

I believe he is the player that gives the most effort and takes the least amount of possessions off (of the non williams players).

If this program is built the right way Greg Lewis is the foundation.

he should go. I hope he doesn't but he has put in his time and developed his game he has the ability to be a nice bench player on a good team plus, he has to think about academics as he could probably only play pro overseas. if he could gain graduate credit, he needs to look at where graduate credit would help him in his employment goals. we have benefitted from this sort of thing with our football team mostly.

GL is very into Rutgers Academics, as many videos have pointed out.

Also, he is averaging 5 pts, 5 rebounds a game. Not stellar numbers that everyone is going to go crazy about.

A team of Sanders, Williams, Etou,Foreman, and Lewis next year is not a team that has every indication of falling apart. With decent backups.

You just have to keep them all here. Mack will be hard to replace.

Originally posted by Greene Rice FIG:
If you are looking for this team's true warrior it is Greg Lewis. He has gotten better every year and sacrificed a whole season for the program. When Jordan yanked his starters in the 2nd half against Iowa who was the 1 guy who still got the minutes?

I believe he is the player that gives the most effort and takes the least amount of possessions off (of the non williams players).

If this program is built the right way Greg Lewis is the foundation.
Agree. Lewis has worked hard & shown the improvement you hope for in every underclassman front court player. He has developed a nice 15-footer that would probably be good for 2-3 extra buckets a game if ANY guard on our roster could penetrate the lane consistently & draw defenders.

Regarding effort & taking possessions off (a good way to analyze), I think Doorson, Foreman & Daniels grade well too. (And Mack on offense & in transition.)
This post was edited on 2/23 5:06 PM by linzalonic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT