ADVERTISEMENT

Edey/3 seconds/traveling

richthedentist

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
It’s just absurd that the refs let him camp out in the lane for so long and he traveled a minimum of 5 times maybe more I will have to rewatch
I know he’s good but to give him this unfair advantage and let him get away with this is ridiculous

Who is edey guarding in nba ?

Will be abused off the dribble

Great college player

10 year back up bench player , but that’s still an NBA bench player

It’s just absurd that the refs let him camp out in the lane for so long and he traveled a minimum of 5 times maybe more I will have to rewatch
I know he’s good but to give him this unfair advantage and let him get away with this is ridiculous
It’s pretty bad. I really believe it’s one of the reasons they struggle in the post season they get an impartial whistle. Plus their guards aren’t elite.

It’s pretty bad. I really believe it’s one of the reasons they struggle in the post season they get an impartial whistle. Plus their guards aren’t elite.
I always ask the question (and it’s not just you)…what is different about how it’s officiated? If the 3 guys assigned to their FDU loss were assigned to today’s game, would they somehow call the game differently for some reason?

I always ask the question (and it’s not just you)…what is different about how it’s officiated? If the 3 guys assigned to their FDU loss were assigned to today’s game, would they somehow call the game differently for some reason?
Given the way you phrased your question I get the impression it’s a statement.

There was one play in the sexond half when edey was in the paint for two full seconds (both feet in the paint) …and got the pass from the top of the key, held the ball for 2 full seconds and then shot

I yelled at the refthree seconds and he literally looked at me and shook me off

Last edited:
I’m actually curious…why would these guys call their Big Ten games different than their NCAA games? What is the “whistle” different in the big dance?
Same as it is for football: Protect the ranking at all costs. If a dog wins against a ranked opponent they not only beat the opponent but the refs as well. Once the ranked team makes the playoff that goes out the window.

Same as it is for football: Protect the ranking at all costs. If a dog wins against a ranked opponent they not only beat the opponent but the refs as well. Once the ranked team makes the playoff that goes out the window.
I give them a lot more credit then…most guys don’t get to that level by being willing to intentionally influence the outcome of games.

There is a lot of overlap…all 3 guys on that Purdue game were in the rotation in our conference.
So what? Did the same guys do this game? You don’t believe there is a difference in how big games are officiated vs ncaa tournament and certain players get the benefit of the doubt in big play that doesn’t carry over into the tournament. This is obviously your opinion. I disagree.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Why would that only apply to the postseason then? All season they are working with different teams from different conferences.
Big Ten conference games have Big Ten-paid refs who’s best interest is to tow the company line and better to have a conference player with National POY and have a team stay ranked as high as possible.

In the NCAAs when Purdue plays East West Catholic University, the refs are from say the Big 12 or ACC, not the Big Ten, and are impartial and actually call Edey for traveling, 3 seconds, and fouls which he gets away with in conference play.

In the NCAAs when Purdue plays East West Catholic University, the refs are from say the Big 12 or ACC, not the Big Ten, and are impartial and actually call Edey for traveling, 3 seconds, and fouls which he gets away with in conference play.
But that’s the thing…it’s not like you described. This isn’t football where guys are tied to the conference. In basketball, guys are doing games all over the place. The Purdue game last year had all 3 officials on it that you’d likely consider “Big Ten refs”.

There is this myth that Big Ten teams struggle because they don’t have “big ten refs” any more…yet when I look at box scores in NCAA games, I see DJ, Dorsey, Green, Sciroto, Szelc, etc.

Reactions: fluoxetine
I think ESPN has him at 14th right now. He’s definitely getting drafted. Saying he won’t sniff the NBA is just delusional. He’s 7’4 and has developed into a pretty good FT shooter and has decent mid-range touch
Yea he will play in the nba for sure.

Reactions: Scangg
But that’s the thing…it’s not like you described. This isn’t football where guys are tied to the conference. In basketball, guys are doing games all over the place. The Purdue game last year had all 3 officials on it that you’d likely consider “Big Ten refs”.

There is this myth that Big Ten teams struggle because they don’t have “big ten refs” any more…yet when I look at box scores in NCAA games, I see DJ, Dorsey, Green, Sciroto, Szelc, etc.
I do think those refs do call the ncaa tournament differently

Doesn't make any sense when you consider Purdue hasn't lost in the preconference three years running while playing pretty challenging schedules. They choked in March but has nothing to do with the conference favoring them. They do better out of conference than in. Big Ten officiating is a joke. Home teams always get a huge advantage.

Also if the conference were pushing a program in basketball there are at least a couple of programs they'd prefer than Purdue. Maybe a handful.

There was one okay in the sexond half when edey was in the paint for two full seconds (both feet in the paint) …and got the pass from the top of the key, held the ball for 2 full seconds and then shot

I yelled at the red three seconds and he literally looked at me and shook me off
Pitched a tent and started a small fire too.

Doesn't make any sense when you consider Purdue hasn't lost in the preconference three years running while playing pretty challenging schedules. They choked in March but has nothing to do with the conference favoring them. They do better out of conference than in. Big Ten officiating is a joke. Home teams always get a huge advantage.
Not today. Usually yes but definitely no advantage to RU today. Maybe it was to our advantage to allow both teams to hack for the first 35 minutes. Maybe that kept the score low which we needed. But every call down the stretch went to the road team and some were incorrect.

I don’t think rutgers had an advantage today but I do agree with your comment on home court generally. I think the blue bloods get the whistle and the higher ranked teams in general. But good luck to your team. I have nothing against Purdue. Love your coach and have respect for the program.

Would love to see a highlight reel of Edey walks and elbows that weren’t called from today.

If you stitched the non-call clips together from an entire season of B1G play from him….would that highlight reel outlast “Free Bird”?

Reactions: G- RUnit
i think with edey and the elbows its not his fault he is taller than everyone, you may think he is swinging his elbows at peoples head but I think he has the right to do that

also if edey walks all the time then why isnt it called ever

He gets the benefit of three seconds, he’s camped in there. And he does shuffle his feet. Elbows weren’t awful but he ducked his shoulder quite a few times today. It’s amazing how Edey seldom gets a moving pick/screen call but Cliff who is far quicker usually gets one or two a game.
Luckily Cliff wasn’t penalized today. In that sense for once refs really didn’t take Cliff out of the game.

Home team is supposed to get calls. We never do. First half was ridiculous.

You can stick your head in sand and say not a factor but 19-26 vrs 8-13 is an 11 point difference with double the attempts.

Maybe the big story of the game. Clearly as important as any.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT