ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN updated bracket - 2/7

Looks like all the big ten teams getting in - including Indiana - are above the first four bracket..RU played well in the state of Nebraska last time they were out there..

Last edited:
So now people are concerned if we get in the tourney our seeding sucks and might have to face the #1 seed which means we already won a game!! What in the world is wrong with most of you?

We have a poster on this board that goes by the name fluoxetine and boy there are about half or more on this board that should be on it. We have some major bipolar candidates on this board. It's sports people not life or death, chill!

God, I love our fans. Worried about playing baylor in the second round. I’ll throw a parade if we win a damn NCAA game

I will be right there leading the parade for one win BUT if we could win 2 and get another extra weekend of RU basketball ... :WooHoo:

Reactions: biazza38
I would take the 8 seed in a nano-second....I look at the remaining schedule and hope we can hang in there, at any spot.....worried a bit because the recent play has been lackluster

True optimist says we got out the MSG rust last Saturday, and will be much sharper when we return for the regionals there (if we get in East Bracket)..

Any 2nd round game will be against a Top 1-4 seed.

Making the Sweet 16 isn't as automatic as most fans like to think.
The pool shrinks quickly from Top 68 teams in the country down to Top 16.

Forget seeding - what location should we be rooting for?

Albany/MSG. not Greensboro, as Duke would be waiting in 2nd round there..
Cleveland and Spokane are 2 good remote spots. Spokane wins should also get us back to Garden I think.. Clev/Spok also have better second round games vs Dayton or San Diego State..
Omaha with a looming Baylor, would be a tall order..
If Albany, they should get busses to go..
Did not expect in November to having this conversation in February. Go :Rutgers:Basketball: :Hoops:

Reactions: Scarlet83
There's quite a history of 1 seeds laying an egg when playing the 8/9 winner. And 1 seed Virginia did lose to 16 seed UMBC that one year, so it's not a 100% lock that the 1 seed wins in their first game anyway.

just get in. and figures ESPN would have us play a Pac-10 school (at least not Arizona State).

that said, if we are an 8, I'd like RU to be sent out west to Sacramento with SDSU as the 1.

So now people are concerned if we get in the tourney our seeding sucks and might have to face the #1 seed which means we already won a game!! What in the world is wrong with most of you?
What's wrong with you? Why would you want to face the overall number 1 in the second round?

Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT