ADVERTISEMENT

First Three Games Positives-

Glad your sense of probability and chance are top notch . I could give a damn what you think about the team, staff, players or my use of any hit on the keyboard. Get back to why you stopped by. It is always the same.
Bob, it's always flattering when someone chooses to copy one of my posts and comment on it. But it's even more flattering when they copy and comment on the same post twice. In fact, I become downright giddy when that person gives two different responses to the same post. In the first, I was heartened to see that you had downshifted from "ALWAYS" to "some." It's your careful attention to detail that impresses me about you. In the second, I was warmly heartened to read that you "could give a damn" about what I think. I'd feel something less than fulfilled, Bob, if you didn't give a damn. Finally, while another person might have become concerned that you stratified their posting tendencies across a dateline drawn sometime in 2015, I chose not to view that as creepy. I choose to see it for what it is--the finely-tuned work of a careful academic. And for that I am, once again, truly flattered.

What's interesting is that I thought we threw earlier than I expected against VT because they were doing the same thing. We just didn't make the plays early on. We have to make a couple early against UM to have a shot.

We threw early in all 3 games. Had more success in the first 2 games but the blueprint was the same in all 3. We blend in just enough pass plays to force the D to respect the threat.

VTech - 2-5 in the first 3 PUNT series. Then 1-2 in the touchdown drive plus the roughing the passer attempt. Those passes (though not successful in moving the ball) arguably opened up the big run for that TD. Still throwing on the next PUNT series Gavin went 1-2. On our last possession he went 1-3 plus the PI throw but I would argue that those missed throws were exactly what was needed to open the run game and then Gavin nailed the important one for the TD. So in the end he was 5-12 in that first half plus the 2 penalties that wiped out 2 more pass plays yet we had 21 points. Interestly our passes seem to be designed to set up the run plays - sometimes even on 3rd down.

We only attempted 7 throws in the second half. But it was really the same pattern. Once VTech pulled within 2 scores, our staff sought to reestablish the pass threat. Gavin went 0-2 and we punted without burning much clock that series, but the primary goal there was to reestablish the possibility of pass threat and not turn it over. When we got the ball back we did what we needed to do. Gavin completed his 2 passes blended within run schemes setting up the opportunity to run that play for Kyle.

Reactions: RUPete
Gavin has looked much more comfortable in every way at QB. He's running well and not making mistakes or turnovers. I'm not sure that I've seen (at least from the stands) the receivers getting regular separation from defenders, though. So while Gavin has made some nice passes, the passing game has been anything but prolific. Now, I don't think that's the gameplan. RU wants to run the ball, burn clock, not turn the ball over, and let the D make plays. We can expect Michigan's D to sell out against the run. How the offense responds to that will be interesting to watch.
Despite my response to your first post, I don't think you are a negative poster. You post your thoughts, both good and bad. It's not all sunshine and puppy dogs all the time. Your comments immediately above resonate with something @gef21 said in the thread he started. Long being out hurts the passing game. Jackson and long are a good tandem. Strong has shown a couple of flashes, and will continue to develop. Washington is in the mix once in a while too, and let's not forget Dremel. They are working on putting it together, but if we get another deep threat receiver back in the game, the passing game should progress.

We threw early in all 3 games. Had more success in the first 2 games but the blueprint was the same in all 3. We blend in just enough pass plays to force the D to respect the threat.

. . .
One thing that mattered in the Temple game is that, for two possessions in the 3d quarter, RU took over close to its own goal line. RU was conservative with the ball consistent with its "the ball is the program" approach.

Bob, it's always flattering when someone chooses to copy one of my posts and comment on it. But it's even more flattering when they copy and comment on the same post twice. In fact, I become downright giddy when that person gives two different responses to the same post. In the first, I was heartened to see that you had downshifted from "ALWAYS" to "some." It's your careful attention to detail that impresses me about you. In the second, I was warmly heartened to read that you "could give a damn" about what I think. I'd feel something less than fulfilled, Bob, if you didn't give a damn. Finally, while another person might have become concerned that you stratified their posting tendencies across a dateline drawn sometime in 2015, I chose not to view that as creepy. I choose to see it for what it is--the finely-tuned work of a careful academic. And for that I am, once again, truly flattered.
Feels like a brain freeze reading all of this back and forth. Lol

Reactions: MADHAT1 and thegock
I get that. On the positive side, most people have enjoyed a slurpee.

That said, I didn't really want to got to 7-Eleven. Bob took us there. I'm happy to leave and go to the brew pub.
I believe I have enjoyed posts from both of you and most likely did not agree or enjoy other ones.
I even have to remind myself to not stop at tge 7- Eleven myself lol

Oh no buddy just know your past MO… hard to pass it up . Time to realize people can criticize and complain but we do have several who for some strange reason only appear after a loss or attempt to sound convincingly as true Rutgers fans. However don’t flatter yourself for your past posts have left little to be positive about.

Oh no buddy just know your past MO… hard to pass it up . Time to realize people can criticize and complain but we do have several who for some strange reason only appear after a loss or attempt to sound convincingly as true Rutgers fans. However don’t flatter yourself for your past posts have left little to be positive about.
Bob, our friendship only grows. Now we're buddies. Tremendous. I'm also happy to see that you chose to point out how you and I differ from those people who only appear after losses, as we sit here and chat after three straight wins. Keep the hits coming. Very enjoyable.

Bob, our friendship only grows. Now we're buddies. Tremendous. I'm also happy to see that you chose to point out how you and I differ from those people who only appear after losses, as we sit here and chat after three straight wins. Keep the hits coming. Very enjoyable.
You’re correct I love the chats so just be accurate when you critique the team.

Despite my response to your first post, I don't think you are a negative poster. You post your thoughts, both good and bad. It's not all sunshine and puppy dogs all the time. Your comments immediately above resonate with something @gef21 said in the thread he started. Long being out hurts the passing game. Jackson and long are a good tandem. Strong has shown a couple of flashes, and will continue to develop. Washington is in the mix once in a while too, and let's not forget Dremel. They are working on putting it together, but if we get another deep threat receiver back in the game, the passing game should progress.
Someone has to be a deep threat. Either a TE or another WR needs to be able to occupy a safety or force them to keep a safety in the middle. Right now we only have 1 deep consistent threat.

We need long back badly (heard he will be).

Bye Bye Miss American Pie. You are not worth the time or effort.The problem arises from past history of being only on the board if there is something negative , poor play, Schiano or a scandal. Enjoy the game this week.

Someone has to be a deep threat. Either a TE or another WR needs to be able to occupy a safety or force them to keep a safety in the middle. Right now we only have 1 deep consistent threat.

I hadn't heard that. Getting Long back would be huge. I thought he was ready to be our #1 receiver.
And maybe slipping Bowman off of a block and downfield for a pass or two.

Bye Bye Miss American Pie. You are not worth the time or effort.The problem arises from past history of being only on the board if there is something negative , poor play, Schiano or a scandal. Enjoy the game this week.
It’s been a short but enriching relationship. It was wonderful for you to show up out of nowhere, shout a series of mystifying things about god knows who or what, and then announce your departure as if you were invited in the first place. I’d like to say that you’ll be missed, but I never knew you were here in the first place.

That would be great. Honestly, I’m not that worried about the long game. We’ve executed a few big plays already and just missed on several. So far, in general, it seems like our pass game has been mostly designed to set up our run game.

That would be great. Honestly, I’m not that worried about the long game. We’ve executed a few big plays already and just missed on several. So far, in general, it seems like our pass game has been mostly designed to set up our run game.
Our passing game has always been designed to pull people out of the box, but this is the first year we have started to pull people out.

I hadn't heard that. Getting Long back would be huge. I thought he was ready to be our #1 receiver.
And maybe slipping Bowman off of a block and downfield for a pass or two.
Long impresses me with his ability to attack the middle of the field vertically. His outside release game is still growing, but he finds deep windows well in the middle. Him, Jackson, and CD all do different things very well at different levels. Those 3 paired with the TEs, who do occupy TE well, I think can be very effective with a solid run game.

Reactions: Kbee3
It’s been a short but enriching relationship. It was wonderful for you to show up out of nowhere, shout a series of mystifying things about god knows who or what, and then announce your departure as if you were invited in the first place. I’d like to say that you’ll be missed, but I never knew you were here in the first place.
Good morning… no (willisneverran ) I’m here , longtime and will be here for as long as I’m able to . However sadly you and I will no longer have any discourse between each other . I put you on ignore some years ago and now I’ll just read and wonder how many like you are actually on this board posting?

. . . . I put you on ignore some years ago . . .
One can only wonder, then, how this wonderful, short, bewildering interaction got started in the first place. At least we can all rest comfortably knowing that it's over . . . I think.

And if Brantley ever gets cleared by that joke organization called the NCAA we would have 3 deep threat WRs. He could be our best WR.

And if Brantley ever gets cleared by that joke organization called the NCAA we would have 3 deep threat WRs. He could be our best WR.
I wouldn't hold my breath on Brantley for this season.

Yeah him not playing is very much hurting the scope of our offense.

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT