Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
2018 Rutgers Football Schedule
Sept. 1: vs. Texas State (Noon, BTN)
Sept. 8: at Ohio State (3:30 p.m., BTN)
Sept. 15: at Kansas (Noon, Fox Sports Regional Networks)
Sept. 22: vs. Buffalo
Sept. 29: vs. Indiana
Oct. 6: vs. Illinois
Oct. 13: at Maryland (Noon)
Oct. 20: vs. Northwestern (Noon)
Nov. 3: at Wisconsin
Nov. 10: vs. Michigan
Nov. 17: vs. Penn State
Nov. 24: at Michigan State

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Noon games will be the norm until Rutgers starts playing regularly competitive games again.

What does "Fox Sports Regional Network" mean for the Kansas game? Does that mean the possibility of the game being on FS2? Of which I don't believe I get FS2.

gonna be rough sitting through a noon game on September 1. Hope they stock plenty of water this time.
KOG0zn.gif

No surprise but so many noon starts sucks, especially for homecoming [poop]:(:gun::flush:[sick]:uzi:[eyeroll]. Give fans a reason to go.

Reactions: RU Golfer and 1873
Early noon games have been dangerously hot and no different than Florida, Georgia or Bama. Riddle me this. How many noon games have those three had/have? I’ll await your response.

Last edited:
Those games have been dangerously hot and no different than Florida, Georgia or Bama. Riddle me this. How many noon games have those three have? I’ll await your response.
You’ll be waiting a long time. It’s not my job to do your research.

Lol. I suspect except for perhaps the Iron Bowl, I’ll go with none.

MSG or MSG+ probably. They show a lot of second-tier Big 12 games.
I think this is likely the case as I've seen quite a few B12 second tier games there while flipping around.

I think Fox Sports regional isn't the same as FS1/FS2. FS1/FS2 will be staying with Fox but the Fox Sports regional networks are part of the assets being sold to Disney (or Comcast).

Reactions: ScarletDave
Is the game being played in Miami or something?
Apparently you weren't at the early September game a few years ago, when hundreds of people had to go to first aid for heat stroke. The concession stands ran out of water in the second half. No offense, but if you weren't in the stadium, your opinion is meaningless.

I’ll save you time, he doesn’t because he’s a Maryland fan posing as an RU fan
Oh really? I thought it was Penn State. You guys should work on getting your story straight.

The reason we're getting crappy game times is because RU has played like crap for three straight years. Our attendance is down and so, one must assume, are our TV ratings. The solution is to demand more wins from our head coach, who says the goal this year is a bowl. Let's hold him to that.

Yes I have, I'm just not whining about it. It's New Jersey in September, not Georgia, Alabama, or Florida.
Nope, you've never been, especially not in August/Sept when people are having heat stroke, leaving or standing under the overhangs and in the tunnels, and when concession stands ran out of water.

Nope, you've never been, especially not in August/Sept when people are having heat stroke, leaving or standing under the overhangs and in the tunnels, and when concession stands ran out of water.
Funny that you think I haven't been to dozens of early season Rutgers home games. Have you ever been to an August/September game at an SEC stadium?

Exactly!! I loved the Friday night start last year. Shame. Would have been nice tradition to start.

Noon starts are awful in general but late August/early September noon starts are even more brutal and borderline dangerous.

Funny that you think I haven't been to dozens of early season Rutgers home games. Have you ever been to an August/September game at an SEC stadium?

At noon? How many LSU have? ;-) Bama? Florida? Still waiting....
Is the Georgia Dome a dome? Don’t want those outside games huh?

At noon? How many LSU have? ;-) Bama? Florida? Still waiting....
Is the Georgia Dome a dome? Don’t want those outside games huh?
The Georgia Dome was demolished last year. And again, I am not looking up SEC game times for you (assuming they’ve even been released yet).

@BigTenRutgers you be wrong. times are out and no one has noon games.

LSU has zero noon games scheduled so far http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-lsu-tigers-football-schedule.php

Georgia has zero noon games schedule so far http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-georgia-bulldogs-football-schedule.php

ditto Bama

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-alabama-crimson-tide-football-schedule.php

and Florida doesn't even have to wake up before noon for any of their games . 3:30 is the earliest game they have scheduled so far
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-florida-gators-football-schedule.php

The BigTen was historically a noon start league so we knew what we were getting into

That might be true. But the B1G hasn't been averse to breaking some of those traditions. OSU never played night games, now they have permanent lights (as of a few seasons ago). B1G teams are asked to occasionally play on days not named Saturday. So there's wiggle room on some of these historical, and allegedly unbreakable, B1G traditions.

Frankly, I don't understand why the B1G doesn't schedule games all day long.... the B1G from early morning to late at night. Stagger the games two hours apart in case one of the contests isn't interesting. What's the point of two or more B1G games on at noon, or 4pm or whatever? Spread out the entertainment.

And what good does it do for the B1G to have Rutgers playing games at times that prove inconvenient or unappetizing to its fan base? You want more fans, not less with your policies.

Reactions: Leonard23
@MrsScrew 2017 records:

LSU 9-4 (#18)
Georgia 13-2 (#2)
Alabama 13-1 (National Champs)
Florida 4-7

While the first three teams are coming off great seasons, all four are national powerhouses who are playing in primetime because people want to watch their games, not because of the weather.

The reason we're getting crappy game times is because RU has played like crap for three straight years.

I guess that is the reason that Ohio State vs Michigan last season was a nooner. You are too stoopid to realize that noon games have been a tradition in the Big 10 since forever!!!

Frankly, I don't understand why the B1G doesn't schedule games all day long.... the B1G from early morning to late at night. Stagger the games two hours apart in case one of the contests isn't interesting. What's the point of two or more B1G games on at noon, or 4pm or whatever? Spread out the entertainment.
Dude, you are seriously onto something! They could do 5AM, 8:30AM, Noon, 3:30PM, 7PM and 10:30PM games. Big 10 games all day long!

Reactions: Hubcityknights
It might be worth an email to Hobbs to remind him that we need to have a ton more water on hand to prevent this repeat from happening. Perhaps, if we all did it might get something positive done than all this sniping. This is a suggestion to everyone, not just you Leonard.

It might be worth an email to Hobbs to remind him that we need to have a ton more water on hand to prevent this repeat from happening. Perhaps, if we all did it might get something positive done than all this sniping. This is a suggestion to everyone, not just you Leonard.
Club seats solve this problem! :)

I'll have to start drinking for Homecoming now, cause waking up early SUCKS!!!

Our pathetic Athletic Department couldn't even renew the 50/50 for THREE HOME GAMES!!! You expect 'em to stock water too? What's next, Dollar Dogs @ Basketball to be cooked timely and with buns? YOU'RE CRA-CRA!

Reactions: Friend of 112
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT