ADVERTISEMENT

Flood Replacement Survey

If you had to pick one of these coaches to replace Kyle Flood, which would you choose?

• Greg Schiano

Votes: 70 51.1%
  • Jim Tressel

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • PJ Fleck

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Bo Pelini

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Matt Rhule

Votes: 16 11.7%

• Total voters
At first glance I thought this said "Flood Replacement Surgery"
... and I was wondering what the recovery time would be...

Bo Pelini? Bo-f'in-Pelini?

The guy is a jerk who can't coach. Why isn't Charlie Wies on the list? At least hey would give us a schematic advantage.

Btw, Flood coaches RU in a bowl game next year is 10x more likely than any of those. Hell, it's more likely Flood coaches RU in a bowl this year than any of those.

if the Ravens keep going this way - might also put on your list - John Harbaugh

PJ Fleck is the best option for Rutgers. He's a young guy who has Rutgers experience that brings tons of energy to a program. If we want someone who can recruit, Fleck has had better classes at WMU in the MAC than Flood has had at Rutgers. He's someone we can hire for relatively cheap.

The guy is a jerk who can't coach. Why isn't Charlie Wies on the list? At least hey would give us a schematic advantage.

Btw, Flood coaches RU in a bowl game next year is 10x more likely than any of those. Hell, it's more likely Flood coaches RU in a bowl this year than any of those.
I am not even going to hold back.

You're basically saying you have not watched Nebraska the last 5yrs. You should watch them the next 5. Because the going to suck and going to realize they were JACK ASSES FOR RUNNING BO OUT.

He can't coach? WTF?

I wasn't going to be an a$$hole but, Charlie Weis? schematic advantage? LOOK WHAT HE DID TO KANASA FOOTBALL! Take your meds before posting?

PJ Fleck is the best option for Rutgers. He's a young guy who has Rutgers experience that brings tons of energy to a program. If we want someone who can recruit, Fleck has had better classes at WMU in the MAC than Flood has had at Rutgers. He's someone we can hire for relatively cheap.
Another cheap hire that the rest of the B1G would love to recruit against in Jersey. Our clowns hire Fleck, don't even bother re-upping your season tickets and sit back and watch us fight Indy for the bottom on a regular basis

Reactions: RUchi
At this point especially after what John O posted a couple days ago on the RT i'll take damn near anyone.......

No Bob Diaco ? The guy is from NJ and has roots here. I think he is a younger version of ....wait for it......Gary Schiano ! Played at Cedar Grove, All American at Iowa, coached Defense for Al Groh at U Va, Def Coord for Brian Kelly at Cinn and N.D. Now seems to have UConn on an upward track. Can you believe he actually makes more at UConn (1.5mil) vs Flood at RU (1.2 mil) ? He was Kelly's NJ recruiter while at Notre Dame.

IMO, he makes more sense than Pelini and Tressel for sure.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
No Bob Diaco ? The guy is from NJ and has roots here. I think he is a younger version of ....wait for it......Gary Schiano ! Played at Cedar Grove, All American at Iowa, coached Defense for Al Groh at U Va, Def Coord for Brian Kelly at Cinn and N.D. Now seems to have UConn on an upward track. Can you believe he actually makes more at UConn (1.5mil) vs Flood at RU (1.2 mil). He was Kelly's NJ recruiter while at Notre Dame.

Are you out of your mind? HE CREATED A RILVARY TROPHY OUT OF THIN AIR AND THE OPPOSING TEAM HAD NO IDEA! He's a whack-a-doodle.

Whomever the candidate they would need to create a BUZZ around the program again. Flood has all the local ties in the world but there is no BUZZ around the program. Would Bob Diaco create that buzz? Rod Carey? Dino Babers? I have no idea. But that is what this program needs right now. BUZZ.

Reactions: MozRU
So what ? LOL ! He got more buzz about that funny idea than anything else UConn FB had done in 2 years. Hey , he's a marketing expert to boot !

Are you out of your mind? HE CREATED A RILVARY TROPHY OUT OF THIN AIR AND THE OPPOSING TEAM HAD NO IDEA! He's a whack-a-doodle.

Fleck created BUZZ out of nowhere at Western Michigan. He also turned a 1-11 team into a 8 win team the next year. His Western Michigan team will probably play Michigan State and Ohio State better than we will this year.

We don't have anywhere near the resources to get Bo Pelini or Jim Tressel.

Fleck or Schiano are our best options on this list. Rhule is a Penn State guy.

With the sh^t load of bad press and the media taking shots at Rutgers at every opportunity, getting any name coach to come here will be a magic trick.
Although I didn't think all of the early stuff would cost Flood his job, I now think he is looking at a disastrous season and that is really what causes coaches to lose their jobs.
Cannot imagine who the hell they will find, but I doubt it will be anyone with any real "stain".

Pelini makes 300 K at Youngstown, and Tressel can't coach til half way thru the 2017 season. Pelini would be a fish out of water at RU and Tressel is simply not going to coach for a while, if ever again.

Fleck created BUZZ out of nowhere at Western Michigan. He also turned a 1-11 team into a 8 win team the next year. His Western Michigan team will probably play Michigan State and Ohio State better than we will this year.

We don't have anywhere near the resources to get Bo Pelini or Jim Tressel.

Fleck or Schiano are our best options on this list. Rhule is a Penn State guy.

If we sign Fleck, perhaps he can bring over some of his current recruits. He's got a bunch of three star verbals.

Schiano would be best since RU isn't having a bad season as much as falling apart.

Otherwise I like Bob Shoop of PSU - or Joe Moorhead of Fordham

No Bob Diaco ? The guy is from NJ and has roots here. I think he is a younger version of ....wait for it......Gary Schiano ! Played at Cedar Grove, All American at Iowa, coached Defense for Al Groh at U Va, Def Coord for Brian Kelly at Cinn and N.D. Now seems to have UConn on an upward track. Can you believe he actually makes more at UConn (1.5mil) vs Flood at RU (1.2 mil) ? He was Kelly's NJ recruiter while at Notre Dame.

Diaco is arrogant. Not the answer.

Rhule would be great but he is making 1.3 at temple and can sit and wait there.
He has a better staff than ru does in place and some solid recruiters.

I'd take Fleck on the condition that he leave his ROW schtick in Kalamazoo. I fear he would come with a combination of CHOP and ROW called CHROW or CROWP.

Fleck's WMU team lost to Georgia Southern this year and is 1-3 , though MSU and OSU are two of those losses
The 1-11 team Fleck turned into an 8-5 team was his first Bronco team after he was hired as WMU's HC
The year before WMU was 4-8 under Bill Cupit and 7-6 the year before that

I think the perfect head coach is one among many posters on this board. These guys know, who to recruit, how to get them to commit, and cleared to play by the NCAA. Further, they know what position the recruit should play and how to develop their skills. Offense or defense they know what play to call. They've got eyes and ears everywhere, and can keep players and staffers from getting into trouble 24/7 365 days a year. If push comes to shove, JH can save some money because they can officiate the game too. Just ,lt them loose and they'll attract the big money donors, and the worldwide media will be begging for press passes.

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy

Oh you know, the guy who won no less than 9 games in any year. Why are we so above hiring someone who isn't Mr sunshine at all times?

I think the perfect head coach is one among many posters on this board. These guys know, who to recruit, how to get them to commit, and cleared to play by the NCAA. Further, they know what position the recruit should play and how to develop their skills. Offense or defense they know what play to call. They've got eyes and ears everywhere, and can keep players and staffers from getting into trouble 24/7 365 days a year. If push comes to shove, JH can save some money because they can officiate the game too. Just ,lt them loose and they'll attract the big money donors, and the worldwide media will be begging for press passes.

giphy.gif

coach+hat.jpg

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy

But the guy who walks out of the tunnel with his cat while yelling and spitting on everyone is must have?

Reactions: SanFranRutgers
I am not even going to hold back.

You're basically saying you have not watched Nebraska the last 5yrs. You should watch them the next 5. Because the going to suck and going to realize they were JACK ASSES FOR RUNNING BO OUT.

He can't coach? WTF?

I wasn't going to be an a$$hole but, Charlie Weis? schematic advantage? LOOK WHAT HE DID TO KANASA FOOTBALL! Take your meds before posting?
the "schematic advantage" thing is something charlie himself said in his first year as head coach at ND. other guy was making fun of him, i believe...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT