ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman

I cannot believe some in here still dont think were better off withiut freeman next year. Ive said this time and time again and now pikiell is showing it and people still disagree. Freeman almost cost us the seton hall game. Freeman dug us a hole we were very lucky to dig out of
Yeah, you know more than the coach. This was a message, not coach saying he doesn't want him around. Get a clue.

Reactions: mikefla
What I saw from Freeman last night was a mixed bag of emotions...at some points in the game he looked disengaged as the team was pulling closer or in the final minutes while in OT he looked engaged in celebration. I attribute that to being tough for him to sit as a DNP with only a handful of games left in his career. It is easier said than done to remain engaged, especially for a college kid.

I have found that you can tell in the first 5 minutes what kind of game D will have, he makes a basket or two early he is engaged and gets confident. A couple misses or thoughts of being fouled and he seems to get out of control and press and not benefit the team.

What you cannot question a majority of the time is his effort (despite his inabilities to finish around the rim at times). He certainly has the moves out of the post, and yes it drives me nuts when he gets it low and the offense stalls, but part of me wonders how much that is due to him being selfish, or like the debate with Corey, knowing we need him to score for a shot to win? If we had more balance would he kick the ball out and reset or for a jumper to a shooter?

Regardless the past couple years this team has been way better off with him on our roster than not. The only perks of Eddie Jordan are him getting Corey & D. D deserves to be sent off on senior day with all our support.

Best post in thread.

He could be so much more than he is if he just learned to draw a defender and pass to someone open.
I agree many many times he draws the defenders and does not pass it except for the fact that we have no one who can shoot if he passed it out but there are so many times he gets double or even triple teamed and still tries to go up very very frustrating at times

I cannot believe some in here still dont think were better off withiut freeman next year. Ive said this time and time again and now pikiell is showing it and people still disagree. Freeman almost cost us the seton hall game. Freeman dug us a hole we were very lucky to dig out of

Freeman has had some really bad games and made some bone headed plays vs. SHU but the kid also had 12 points and 16 rebounds in that game.

To say he almost cost us the win vs. SHU is just downright comical.

I'm all for discipline...but would like some transparency: what was the infraction?

We're 13-15? If Corey had played the first half of Stony ? I suspect we would be @ least 14-14.
On the other hand...Corey is our best option for scoring period.

In the last 6 or seven games (not looking it up) Corey has had two, 30 point games as well as an o-fer.

MO
PS Thiam demonstrates a quick step and ability to get to the rim.
If he can fine tune his mentality (become a shooter / scorer)....he could be a monster.
Don't think it's Pikiel's responsibility to let the fans know why Freeman didn't play. Between Freeman, Pikiel and the team.

Last edited:
Freeman has had some really bad games and made some bone headed plays vs. SHU but the kid also had 12 points and 16 rebounds in that game.

To say he almost cost us the win vs. SHU is just downright comical.
IDIIOT

Don't think it's Pikiel's responsibility to let the fans know why Freeman didn't play. Between Freeman, Pikiel and the team.
He avoided specific answer at Court Club tonight. Basically said Eugene had earned time.

And some of you are stupid as f*ck...
,,,I was ticked....nothing "stupid" about it

it was for kyk....all I read was his post and I saw red

it was more like 3 cocktail emmotion & I am actually GLAD you got it numbers

oh hell..Ive done way dumber things

Last edited:
Agree he's one of our best players, although his game is flawed, but whose isn't on this team? He generally plays hard, if not always smart, and is our best rebounder, is often very good around the basket, except when he forces things and has become a decent FT shooter.
I agree

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT