ADVERTISEMENT

Friday BLACKOUT vs. Washington

Lane stadium was nearly full 20 minutes prior to the kickoff. We cannot get half of our butts in seats at the kickoff…
Their students and fans plan all around being there for the Sandman entrance then there’s a constant flow exiting the stadium from middle of 2Q onward. VT fans in our section said the exodus is typical at most games We would need a student/fan-involved entrance to get butts in seats early. The horse entrance and Soprano’s inspired videos aren’t going to do it

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
They out scored us 16-3 for the rest of the gameSuks Big time.We have a long way to go and I don't know if the coaches can get it done.YesI am putting our crappy performance on them

LOL. We opened as 5 point dogs on the road in one of the tougher environments in college football and left with the W. Have a Coke and a smile and stfu.

I hate blackouts- should be scarlet- 2006 L’Ville game would not be iconic if black stormed the field
I don't have a strong opinion. But even if you like a blackout less than scarlet, the only thing worse than a blackout is a half assed blackout. So wear black.

• Sad
Reactions: RU8444
I don't have a strong opinion. But even if you like a blackout less than scarlet, the only thing worse than a blackout is a half assed blackout. So wear black.
I Always do. lucky enough to have game Jerseys in all 3 colors. And also always surprised when the Jersey of a 6’5 310 person fits tight on my 5’9- 170

Reactions: Eagleton96
That what your saying not me. I'm no lemming, apparently you are!
Wow! Was not expecting to be called a lemming for wearing black on the blackout game. What am I missing here?

If you are so anti group activities, why be a team fan at all? Why wear red on normal days? Why not wear purple if you don't want to be a red lemming like all the others?

Btw
My proposed entrance for this Friday:

- Sopranos
- lights out (as video does fuzzy fade-out)
- Darth Vader helmet appears on big screen with James Earl Jones “If you only knew the power of The Dark Side!”
- AC/DC “Back in Black”
- AC/DC “For Those About to Rock!”
…VT had their own version of Sopranos.

It’s not a great version but also wonder why they stole a Jersey thing

We have to match the students. Based on their attendance so far this year, I'm confident they'll pack their sections before kickoff. I wish our culture could change for the rest of the fanbase.

The ticket office should promote this game to the fullest this week. I just want that atmosphere we once had back when we beat UM and when we came close against the cult.

I hate blackouts- should be scarlet- 2006 L’Ville game would not be iconic if black stormed the field
+1
Blackouts seem to be trying too hard and most fans still wear red anyway. Also, we normally get crushed during these games (IIRC).

No matter what I wear, it will include a black Adidas light jacket, so I guess I will be part of the blackout. LOL!

Reactions: RUCantSellOut
Wow! Was not expecting to be called a lemming for wearing black on the blackout game. What am I missing here?

If you are so anti group activities, why be a team fan at all? Why wear red on normal days? Why not wear purple if you don't want to be a red lemming like all the others?
I wear red all the time. I guess you forgot we are the Scarlet Knights. How ever you want Rutgers to follow the trend made popular by Penn State.

We have to match the students. Based on their attendance so far this year, I'm confident they'll pack their sections before kickoff. I wish our culture could change for the rest of the fanbase.

The ticket office should promote this game to the fullest this week. I just want that atmosphere we once had back when we beat UM and when we came close against the cult.
Friday night 8PM vs team that okayed for a Natty last year and us going for 4-0. Promotes itself. Just pack your tailgate 29-minutes earlier than normal. Easy-peasy.

BTW - the “ticket office” isn’t responsible for “promotions.”

Due to the fact it is an 8 p.m. kickoff, more fans will be in their seats than many are predicting.
....it will be no different than normal....we will hear the responses for late arrivals..
1- friday night traffic
2- larger than normal crowds that cause delays
3-getting home from work coordinating and getting to NB by 7:15
4- Cant go because high school (games) /youth football (practice) conflicts

Should hopefully be a good sized crowd but I don’t foresee a packed house. Especially if the news is true they’re giving away hundreds to Piscataway BOE families.

We win Friday in national tv and prime time… and then the true bandwagon fans that we count on to pack our stadium will come out!

I was trying to find out the first "blackout" game in college football, and it looks like it was Georgia vs. Auburn in 2007 - but the trend took off in 2008. The LA Kings had tried blackout games in 1998 and 2000 previously. https://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/sports/ncaafootball/05blackout.html

PSU's first "white out" was in 2004, but the Winnipeg Jets hockey team had been doing whiteouts for the playoff games since 1987.

Should hopefully be a good sized crowd but I don’t foresee a packed house. Especially if the news is true they’re giving away hundreds to Piscataway BOE families.

We win Friday in national tv and prime time… and then the true bandwagon fans that we count on to pack our stadium will come out!

We never fill upper deck anymore. Will be disappointing though if lower bowl isn’t packed

We never fill upper deck anymore. Will be disappointing though if lower bowl isn’t packed

certainly untrue. Have enough presence in the area that when we’re successful on the national stage, we can easily sell out. We aren’t there yet, though

Ok @AreYouNUTS just for you. I'll wear my favorite Scarlet shirt for the tailgate and a black one to the game. However, if the blackout is a failure I'm going take off the black shirt and go shirtless and NOBODY wants to see that and it will be all your fault 😂😂
It may distract the opposition so I’m sure everyone on our side would be okay with it.

My proposed entrance for this Friday:

- Sopranos
- lights out (as video does fuzzy fade-out)
- Darth Vader helmet appears on big screen with James Earl Jones “If you only knew the power of The Dark Side!”
- AC/DC “Back in Black”
- AC/DC “For Those About to Rock!”
I can sign up for most of this but any Star Wars stuff just screams dork. As a fanbase we have to grow up and put our light sabers and Luke Skywalker jammies away for good.

Our D is called “The Dark Side.”
I know that and they have been anything but. Star Wars still screams dork. Needs to end. I am tasking you with coming up with a better and non-Star Wars related nickname for the D. I know you won’t disappoint me.

Reactions: NUTSisaLOSER
I don’t know the age of anyone on this board and it’s an old Eddie Murphy line from Delirious or Raw. Just message board shenanigans.
Just beware, The King has a mafia the protects him. 😜 He has been a patient fan. He has earned the right to say what he wants. He wants this to be a special season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT