ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Michigan

Season is still alive but barely. Need to split one of PSU/Maryland and find at least 1 B1G Tourney win to even entertain dancing hopes, but today was a good first step. Ranked road conference win is always a good start.

Season is still alive but barely. Need to split one of PSU/Maryland and find at least 1 B1G Tourney win to even entertain dancing hopes, but today was a good first step. Ranked road conference win is always a good start.
win the Big Ten tournament and you go automatically. The season is never over until that last loss

Current B1G standings per the site.

John Hopkins 3-0
Maryland 2-1
Penn State 1-2
Rutgers 1-2
Michigan 1-2
Ohio State 1-2

Really nice to no longer be in last place. One game at a time.

Stoller was just incredible. We will need that kind of performance again.

Compared to RU teams over the last decade, this one seems weak on groundballs. Unfortunately, I'm not sure you can expect this to improve at this point in the season.

Couple of things. Tonight was an incredible win in a game we simply had to have. I don’t using must win terminology but tonight clearly was. We had to have it: If you ever question the heart of this program don’t. We might not win every game but the kids will leave it out there. It’s in the DNA.

Lots of great plays but it starts with Stoller. He was obviously incredible. Michigan has a high powered offenses. To hold them to 7 goals is an incredible effort. Full stop.

Lots of great performances to recognize but the compete level across the board was awesome to watch.

Recruiting- we have the top two freshmen in the entire B1G in Kurdyla and Stoller.

More to come on some scheme changes but for tonight I’ll leave it at this.

It’s now safe to say. We own Michigan.

Just got back from the game. I made the last qtr…😏

Started my morning looking out over the water in Cabo and ended it watching RU celebrate on UM’s field. A great night

Got to chat with Brian for a few minutes which was nice. It was good to talk with him after the game.

Great win. Proud of those young men!

Also got to see a few old friends that still have kids on the team.

Good stuff!

Couple of things. Tonight was an incredible win in a game we simply had to have. I don’t using must win terminology but tonight clearly was. We had to have it: If you ever question the heart of this program don’t. We might not win every game but the kids will leave it out there. It’s in the DNA.

Lots of great plays but it starts with Stoller. He was obviously incredible. Michigan has a high powered offenses. To hold them to 7 goals is an incredible effort. Full stop.

Lots of great performances to recognize but the compete level across the board was awesome to watch.

Recruiting- we have the top two freshmen in the entire B1G in Kurdyla and Stoller.

More to come on some scheme changes but for tonight I’ll leave it at this.

It’s now safe to say. We own Michigan.

Did the potential returning player play?

Did the potential returning player play?
I don’t believe so but I had to watch this one on my phone (no BTN in Montana apparently). I’ll be curious to see the replay when I can.

I don’t believe so but I had to watch this one on my phone (no BTN in Montana apparently). I’ll be curious to see the replay when I can.
I' was listening for a name during the broadcast. While the attack and middies were consistently named the defense names were almost not mentioned.

Hopefully things are coming together. Good time of the year for it.

I' was listening for a name during the broadcast. While the attack and middies were consistently named the defense names were almost not mentioned.
It’s typically a good thing when D guys aren’t mentioned. D looked very connected and Stoller obviously bailed them out numerous times too.

Reactions: mdk01
If anyone watches the replay, stop it at 6:21 mark in the 1st QTR. Would like thoughts on it. My opinion, this was the first of two plays that kind of showed the issues with the attack, or good example of the issues, especially the inexperience.

Peters #7 has the ball on the right, the offense had drawn almost the entire defense to the left. DSM sees Peters but still far away. Peters looks like he has an open look but does not shoot (stop it right at 6:21). There's also Kulas sneaking up to the corner of the goal, and a LSM facing front. Peters could also have tried a pass to Kulas for a wrap around goal. Instead Peters does neither, no shot and no pass, and instead runs right into the defense moving left. Turns over the ball.

No knock on Peters, just that you can see the inexperience of Peters. In years past, AC makes that shot, or Mullins makes the pass, or Kirst, etc.

If anyone watches the replay, stop it at 6:21 mark in the 1st QTR. Would like thoughts on it. My opinion, this was the first of two plays that kind of showed the issues with the attack, or good example of the issues, especially the inexperience.

Peters #7 has the ball on the right, the offense had drawn almost the entire defense to the left. DSM sees Peters but still far away. Peters looks like he has an open look but does not shoot (stop it right at 6:21). There's also Kulas sneaking up to the corner of the goal, and a LSM facing front. Peters could also have tried a pass to Kulas for a wrap around goal. Instead Peters does neither, no shot and no pass, and instead runs right into the defense moving left. Turns over the ball.

No knock on Peters, just that you can see the inexperience of Peters. In years past, AC makes that shot, or Mullins makes the pass, or Kirst, etc.
That’s exactly what happenzed. It’s a little late for this statement but you have to live with that. He needs experience. The team needs consistency/. At this point he is the best option at that spot. Try and get as comfortable as possible.

We used the pick game much better. Shane and Ross did their thing but we were allowing them more room and space by moving and picking inside. It also allowed us more inside looks and shots.

That’s exactly what happenzed. It’s a little late for this statement but you have to live with that. He needs experience. The team needs consistency/. At this point he is the best option at that spot. Try and get as comfortable as possible.

We used the pick game much better. Shane and Ross did their thing but we were allowing them more room and space by moving and picking inside. It also allowed us more inside looks and shots.
Exactly, and Peters did what any inexperienced player does, thought about it, instead of just making the play. If that had been Kelly, like it was supposed to be, he takes that shot right away and rattles the cage for a goal.

No matter what, at least a lot of young players are gaining a ton of experience. Now have actual game film to view, real time game experience. I'm sure the coach talked to Peters on the sideline about that play.

There is both the physical and metal side to the game.

You might always have the physical ability (or not) to make plays, but unless you are comfortable and get time in real situations, young guys are gonna choose safe over a mistake…and that can be the wrong decision but if you’re a guy that’s getting some run and a chance, in your mind you are thinking “don’t make a mistake”…

Vs a guy like Ross or Shane that can do whatever the F they want out there because they know they’re not getting benched….and rightly so

Decisions are split second and only the truly comfortable guys (have green lites at all times) will make fast decisions

IMO, it’s all mental…the young guys only get better if they have live action minutes…

Great win last night!

The other thing, and this was said during the game, but how awesome is Dixon. What a difference listening to a sportscaster without any bias for a team or conference. Didn't hold the records of either team against the teams, didn't go on and on about NCAA playoffs, just talked about the game. Or go on about tranfers as if it's a bad thing, or give back handed compliments, or other nonsense. Was really fair, mentioned the postivies of both teams, but still gave some honest feedback.

The other thing, and this was said during the game, but how awesome is Dixon. What a difference listening to a sportscaster without any bias for a team or conference. Didn't hold the records of either team against the teams, didn't go on and on about NCAA playoffs, just talked about the game. Or go on about tranfers as if it's a bad thing, or give back handed compliments, or other nonsense. Was really fair, mentioned the postivies of both teams, but still gave some honest feedback.
I’ve spent some time with Mark over the past couple of years. He’s a pro

The lead B1G team with Mark Dixon and Joe B is THE best period. Nobody is better

They do their research and know players and what you mentioned above about their style is not on accident. They have a planned and specific approach and it’s to simply call the game, let the players be the story, and don’t talk to much…

Both guys are true pros IMO

Exactly, and Peters did what any inexperienced player does, thought about it, instead of just making the play. If that had been Kelly, like it was supposed to be, he takes that shot right away and rattles the cage for a goal.

No matter what, at least a lot of young players are gaining a ton of experience. Now have actual game film to view, real time game experience. I'm sure the coach talked to Peters on the sideline about that play.
It wouldn’t have been Kelly. Kelly is a righty. He is interchangeable with Kulas.

No doubt they went over that play. The kid has athletic ability. I would have liked to see him inserted earlier and live with the growing pains instead of switching in and out. We don’t have the firepower we’ve had in the past. We have to win with effort and execution. We need to fly around like we did Sunday.

The stats on this game are incredible. Looking at them you never would believe we led from start to finish.

Reactions: Wagram97
It wouldn’t have been Kelly. Kelly is a righty. He is interchangeable with Kulas.

No doubt they went over that play. The kid has athletic ability. I would have liked to see him inserted earlier and live with the growing pains instead of switching in and out. We don’t have the firepower we’ve had in the past. We have to win with effort and execution. We need to fly around like we did Sunday.

The stats on this game are incredible. Looking at them you never would believe we led from start to finish.

Until you look at Stoller's stats?

Reactions: mattkamish
Very nice win on the road

Now we need the flu to run through Maryland's locker room.
Ha ha. Rutgers is going to be a tough assignment for the Terrapins next Saturday.

Is the Rutgers resurgence due to injured players getting back on the field, or are they just playing better?

Hey, who had the 1st goal to start the 2nd half, Peters. And almost the exact play but from the left.

Reactions: Caliknight
No players back for the Michigan game to the best of my knowledge. Stoller had a hell of a game.
I believe #15 was dressed for the first time to my knowledge. Wouldn’t be shocked if we see him on the field in some capacity in Maryland.

Reactions: Wagram97
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT