ADVERTISEMENT

Game day to Bloomimgton

how about Neal Brown of West virginia? His sixth year and they are 3-4. You just mention Indiana coach.

• Angry
Reactions: JRZEER
how about Neal Brown of West virginia? His sixth year and they are 3-4. You just mention Indiana coach.

What about Neal brown? Yah, another meh hire who’s not too exciting. Yet he has wins against 2 ranked teams. Something Schiano 2.0 has yet to do

I use Indiana coach as an example that no..it’s not impossible to need only a year to turn a team around, it’s a new era of college football and thinking a rebuild has to take 6 years is false,

West Virginia is similar to Rutgers , they have had many average seasons. With the teams in the conference now losing faith we can compete, unless NIL goes way up.

Year 1. Week 8.

Indiana coach get game day to Bloomington next week. First time there ever.

So so sad. But let’s give Greg 7 more years to fix this.,
Stealing salary this coach is from the day he was hired. And the arrogance to continue to say ‘be patient’. Such suckers most RU fans are giving the school endless cover to raise and extend. It’s a disgrace.

What about Neal brown? Yah, another meh hire who’s not too exciting. Yet he has wins against 2 ranked teams. Something Schiano 2.0 has yet to do

I use Indiana coach as an example that no..it’s not impossible to need only a year to turn a team around, it’s a new era of college football and thinking a rebuild has to take 6 years is false,
6? Goalpost is well past that. 10, 16, 60 whatever. This guy is a fraud.

3 million in NIL for transfers. We don't have that pot to work with.

Again a lot more goes into it, but give any coach 3 million to buy players and you'll see improvement.
You don’t think he spread that much around and millions more to keep his ‘loaded’ team intact ? Please. Indiana is doing it with FCS recruits who came with Cignetti

Reactions: RUDivision
Year 1. Week 8.

Saturday Night Live 90S GIF

Has that been confirmed?
It’s in an article from a reputable newspaper but you’ll never get confirmation for real like you can with coaching contracts with an open records request. I’d like to think things will be more transparent when schools actually pay players. I’ve seen articles that have mentioned 1.5-2M for us and I don’t believe that. People can talk up how much they have but how much is true or not who knows. When you can do those open records kind of requests then you’ll know for sure with everyone.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It’s a ridiculous excuse. First, Schiano spent millions to keep who he already had. You know, this loaded roster. Even if he had only a few million additional for transfers he could have better allocated the NIL he already paid out for his ‘developmental’ roster.

Second, Schiano would not be 7-0 with Indiana’s roster or NIL pot. Indiana scored 56 against a team with their FCS recruits he scored 7 against. That’s not talent or NIL.

The stark difference is in coaching competence. Cignetti already has more wins in his first seven games than Schiano will ever top in any season.

Stealing salary this coach is from the day he was hired. And the arrogance to continue to say ‘be patient’. Such suckers most RU fans are giving the school endless cover to raise and extend. It’s a disgrace.
Rutgers fans are many things but generous is not one of them. Greg is the 12th highest or lowest paid in the BIG. Greg or any other coach would make minimum wage if it depended on this fan base’s donations.

It’s a ridiculous excuse. First, Schiano spent millions to keep who he already had. You know, this loaded roster. Even if he had only a few million additional for transfers he could have better allocated the NIL he already paid out for his ‘developmental’ roster.

Second, Schiano would not be 7-0 with Indiana’s roster or NIL pot. Indiana scored 56 against a team with their FCS recruits he scored 7 against. That’s not talent or NIL.

The stark difference is in coaching competence. Cignetti already has more wins in his first seven games than Schiano will ever top in any season.
Where are you getting your information? Greg hasn’t spent millions. Or ONE million on anything. Our players to stay on the team are getting a pittance bro. Give up on that narrative please because it’s a false one.

Reactions: KT8813 and jOmega
Year 1. Week 8.

If you want better results, then donate for NIL. If you won't then STFU.

Indiana alums stepped up big time to provide a nice purse to their new coach. Just like Syracuse alums provided the funds for McCord.

All you guys want to do is sit on your hands and complain it's not us.

These guys talk a lot of garbage but likely give nothing to RU's NIL efforts. Then post threads like this.
I give my $50 a month to Knights of the Raritan but it’s bringing a knife to global thermonuclear war! Just can’t compete with only guys like me donating. Need big fish.

Reactions: JRZEER
I give my $50 a month to Knights of the Raritan but it’s bringing a knife to global thermonuclear war! Just can’t compete with only guys like me donating. Need big fish.
Agreed we need a lot more engagement but at all levels. I'm at the $25 level but there are literally hundreds of members here that won't donate a dime. Yet they pump out dozens of threads complaining when any program loses.

According to delusionAL over in the husker board RU took a lot out of NU…in part leading to the IU disaster.

It really is the best ever assembled RU team…we influence outcomes weeks removed from the action!

🤣

I would say you didn’t have a clue who Cignetti was prior to this season. You are using the aberration to prove your point. Obviously the guy has caught lightening in a bottle. It happens. They are well coached and are playing with confidence. Are you suggesting that IU is now seriously going to be a NC contender each year? They are having a great year, similar to RU’s 2006 year which started 9-0. RU’s year has been disappointing, that falls on the HC and the staff. However, they have had 1 horrible game against Wisconsin. The others have been tossups for people who are realistic.

If you want better results, then donate for NIL. If you won't then STFU.

Indiana alums stepped up big time to provide a nice purse to their new coach. Just like Syracuse alums provided the funds for McCord.

All you guys want to do is sit on your hands and complain it's not us.

Cause they were exciting hires. It’s Greg’s job to excite the fanbase and engine us reason to donate.

We had a great QB recruit years ago thanks to NIL and it meant nothing. It’s not all about NIL

Cause they were exciting hires. It’s Greg’s job to excite the fanbase and engine us reason to donate.

We had a great QB recruit years ago thanks to NIL and it meant nothing. It’s not all about NIL
Just tell us you don't give to NIL without actually saying it. Another RU fan that wants winning without being willing to fund it like at other programs.

Just tell us you don't give to NIL without actually saying it. Another RU fan that wants winning without being willing to fund it like at other programs.
Most fans here just want to talk sports. Start thread after thread and bash players and coaches. The many OFFICIAL threads or Weather threads are just one example. Some can careless if we win or lose as long as they get to post thread after thread. The basketball “expert” hasn’t said a word about basketball since the season ended. He will be back with his 10 paragraph regurgitation of a game he probably saw on tv. We are so small time some posters think they actually matter.

Reactions: rutgersal
I hate NIL. Yup I don’t give to it.
But you're whining about why Game Day is going to Indiana when they brought in 30 transfers from the portal. You think that happens if their alums don't pony up a good chunk of NIL? Some rumors are in the area of $3 million.

What do you think our roster would look like if Greg had that type of money to spend? It would be a whole lot different.

So go ahead and keep crying about Indiana getting Game Day while you won't contribute to what got Game Day there in the first place.

But you're whining about why Game Day is going to Indiana when they brought in 30 transfers from the portal. You think that happens if their alums don't pony up a good chunk of NIL? Some rumors are in the area of $3 million.

What do you think our roster would look like if Greg had that type of money to spend? It would be a whole lot different.

So go ahead and keep crying about Indiana getting Game Day while you won't contribute to what got Game Day there in the first place.

An offensive minded hire who is a winner every step of the way is what got Indiana a 7-0 record, an exciting hire that got the fanbase to open up their check books.

I said 5 years ago the schiano wasn’t exciting to anyone but a handful of die hard alumni and major donors..those who would contribute no matter who the coach was. Fact of the matter..again, he was a dull hire, who didn’t win and has a very hard time developing offensive talent.

3 weeks ago everyone on this board said we should be ranked. Now everyone is saying we have no talent??? What gives? Nothing has changed..truth is just rearing its ugly head that this is the ceiling for this program, oh welll.

Reactions: drewbagel423
An offensive minded hire who is a winner every step of the way is what got Indiana a 7-0 record, an exciting hire that got the fanbase to open up their check books.

I said 5 years ago the schiano wasn’t exciting to anyone but a handful of die hard alumni and major donors..those who would contribute no matter who the coach was. Fact of the matter..again, he was a dull hire, who didn’t win and has a very hard time developing offensive talent.

3 weeks ago everyone on this board said we should be ranked. Now everyone is saying we have no talent??? What gives? Nothing has changed..truth is just rearing its ugly head that this is the ceiling for this program, oh welll.
Ceiling for the program with a 2 ton anchor drowning it…but yeah.

A real lot has has changed-
Lost: Bailey, Lewis, Powell barely played, both TEs, Sam Brown, Felter (one of our best OL) receivers are hobbled.

That is a big chunk of talent. If those players were playing and healthy, we may have beaten Nebraska and UCLA. Close losses to close wins change 4-3 to 5-1. Not sure if that gets RU ranked, but the picture changes from doom and gloom to something else someone would complain about.
For you to say nothing has changed, you are playing a game or in denial.

A real lot has has changed-
Lost: Bailey, Lewis, Powell barely played, both TEs, Sam Brown, Felter (one of our best OL) receivers are hobbled.

That is a big chunk of talent. If those players were playing and healthy, we may have beaten Nebraska and UCLA. Close losses to close wins change 4-3 to 5-1. Not sure if that gets RU ranked, but the picture changes from doom and gloom to something else someone would complain about.
For you to say nothing has changed, you are playing a game or in denial.

Every team has injuries. Why did Greg say in the summer we finally have depth to compete? Why don’t we still have the depth we need, to win games we should, in year 5?

Wisconsin was without their starting qb and starting rb. And they didn’t miss a beat. I get we have injuries..but that’s not an excuse.

Reactions: drewbagel423

Excuses, excuses and more excuses. The fan base here was plenty excited when Greg was hired again. Too many of you refuse to walk your talk and support the program like the rest of the B1G does.

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT