ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Rutgers Baseball Advanced to Championship Game at 6 p.m. ET Sunday on BTN!

It's a new era. Learn to crawl before walking. We finally hit our stride 7-8 years after getting into one of the greatest college athletic conferences. I'm pumped, and I don't look back, only forward.
Good to see success … made 5 finals which is a step in the right direction … no longer basement dwellers … a loss today puts RU 1-4 this year, and 1-7 all-time.

Bases loaded … 2 out.

All three strikes in the same spot. How do you take the third one?
Drive that outside pitch to rightfield.

Reactions: Plum Street
All three strikes in the same spot. How do you take the third one?
Drive that outside pitch to rightfield.
Bad job at the plate for sure. Little league 101 - protect the plate, especially when the ump has been calling those just off the plate pitches strikes.

He didn’t want to swing the bat. Came up there looking to walk. Pitcher is throwing 80 mph junk, swing the bat at anything close
Jersey kid no less pitching for them. I look forward to the day when a kid from Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa or even Pennsylvania comes in and helps us take out their home state in a game. Lacrosse may be the first to do that.

Jersey kid no less pitching for them. I look forward to the day when a kid from Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa or even Pennsylvania comes in and helps us take out their home state in a game. Lacrosse may be the first to do that.
I think it’s smart to start an NJ pitcher versus Rutgers … NJ players that don’t go to RU know how little success RU teams have had.

Watching the game RU has walked the bases loaded … last one the count was 0-2.

Michigan still hasn’t scored. Let’s see if RU gets out of the Jam.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
There we go … error on Michigan!
Winners take advantage!!!
Let’s do it!!!!!!!!!!

This pitcher has pitched less than 4 innings all year … get it done!!!!!!

Boom … first and third … tying run at the plate.
This is the moment!!

A Big Ten title would be great, but at least we know our names will be called tomorrow and then the real fun starts

Reactions: RUTrack94
I hope Owens is developing a stable of pitchers for next few years. Will need them against the upper echelon B1G teams.

Kaddish.

Provided RU does not return from the dead ( not anticipating a UCLA miracle),Michigan will have defeated Rutgers in 3 out of 4 games that mattered. No recriminations, no finger pointing, no blaming tournament structure, Michigan proved to be better than us head to head. And earned the title. They beat the two top teams, mano to mano. and that with the leagues’s worst pitching staff. Stats are meaningless

We have to find an antidote to Michigan’s kryptonite. They own us in everything.

Perhaps RU can find some redemption in the NCAA tournament

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Michigan denied RU a title twice this season. I freaking hate Michigan worse than Penn State. Really thought RU had a chance. RU sports now 1-7 in championship games.

Took 8 years to qualify and not a bad debut. Going from a non-qualifier to 3rd best team in B1G is a good jump. And first NCAA bid since 2007.

Still hoping to see a Men’s sport win a B1G title in my lifetime.

Michigan denied RU a title twice this season. I freaking hate Michigan worse than Penn State. Really thought RU had a chance. RU sports now 1-7 in championship games.

Took 8 years to qualify and not a bad debut. Going from a non-qualifier to 3rd best team in B1G is a good jump. And first NCAA bid since 2007.

Still hoping to see a Men’s sport win a B1G title in my lifetime.
Upgrade the pitching. High school level.

Reactions: RUboston
ADVERTISEMENT