ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Basketball vs. Merrimack

I agree ; we need to lose this game. Apparently the last game didn’t light a fire under anyone

I can’t believe how unprepared we are against a matchup: it’s like we didn’t practice against it. We will lose if we keep up the zone offense

Ok, now it's time to worry about this team - it's not just a "first game" jitters thing, but maybe we're just not nearly as good as we hoped we'd be. Not a single player is playing well and both Paul and Caleb are playing horribly.

This is honestly the biggest ruse I’ve seen from Pike. He’s been feeding the media nonsense all preseason. Why would he do that? Did he really believe what he was saying?

Reactions: bac2therac
This isn't a tournament team. This is an embarrassment. I don't want to hear people say Baker> Jacob young. Ever, ever again. Imagine running your best player out of town because you keep playing him second fiddle to a guy who can't score vs merrimack?

Reactions: bac2therac
We have the size advantage yet we are throwing it around the perimeter and jacking up threes. Totally unprepared

It's time for Steve Pikiell to start bringing in players that DO care about scoring.

Reactions: Shell21
This is an incredibly flawed offensive basketball team.

Not a good shooting team.

Not a quick team capable of beating people off the bounce or creating fast breaks.

Don't really run an offense to create open space and shots through scheme.

Reactions: Rutgers25
Where’s knight and the new coach?
I’ve sat by the bench many times, Knight is loud and always giving instructions

This is an incredibly flawed offensive basketball team.

Not a good shooting team.

Not a quick team capable of beating people off the bounce or creating fast breaks.

Don't really run an offense to create open space and shots through scheme.
Lack of shooters has always been Pikiell's archilles heal at Rutgers.

holy cow not to pile on, but what team was Dick Weiss watching in the preseason?????? Agee is no bueno, we cant shoot, cant make free throws, cant handle the ball, cant make layups, cant do a lot. What is honestly going on with this team? Is it Game 2 and we all need to calm down or is it they are probably going to be this way first 10-12 games before they get into a groove (maybe?). I dont know, but I think Dick needs his eyes checked, thats for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT