ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Basketball vs. Merrimack

Where’s knight and the new coach?
I’ve sat by the bench many times, Knight is loud and always giving instructions
If they play zone offense in the second half I’m done with pike and this staff. Absolutely clueless and a huge indictment

Four point guards on the coaching staff and this is what they come up with

Brand spanking new top notch basketball facility, a long-awaited spot in the NCAA tournament, and we’re going backwards?

I think it’s time to start sounding the alarm bells about Pike.

FEGTFWZXMAoVT0D

Easy way to lose the goodwill you’ve accumulated with the fanbase is to lie to them. Simply no way Pike believed this was his best team yet — it’s the same exact group except we replaced Johnson and Young with Agee and Jones

Easy way to lose the goodwill you’ve accumulated with the fanbase is to lie to them. Simply no way Pike believed this was his best team yet — it’s the same exact group except we replaced Johnson and Young with Agee and Jones
Except that cerino saw this team in practice too. And thinks we are a six seed.

I’ll give the team a slight pass on the first game but this is an embarrassment from the top down. Unprepared, no energy, soft play

Pike really fed the media a load of crap by saying this was his best team yet. Nonsense. This team sucks and can’t shoot. And his recruiting sucks
Honestly the dumbest thing he could've done. If he tempered expectations and we looked like crap this badly at least we'd be thinking, okay, fine, it's a rebuilding year.

Let’s finish the game. Then comment.
We can win the game by 20 points and you would be okay with what you have seen here? This is supposed to be an NCAA Tournament team. I don't care how we play in the 2nd half. That half, and really the whole Lehigh game, are inexcusable.

The bar needs to be raised.

Reactions: kt124
Terps down 4 at the half to Vermont. 36-32. At least they doubled our offensive output.

Man to man. It’s not a zone; it’s a matchup zone which is a man d in areas. It plays into its hands.
I agree with you if it was a match up. But I thought they were just going fro. a 2-3 to a 3-2..in which case you can collapse the zone and beat it from the corners. We have no one in the corners….not that we could shoot for there anyway. The switching zones is confusing the hell out of us. We are way being outcoached

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT