ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops versus Ohio State

D
Well, we're not as good as we thought, but we're also nowhere near as bad as we've shown the past couple of games. So, let's go on a run here and at least make it a game and win the next one.
Started a run, but let it get away, but now we're on a real run. Down to 10 with 3:50 left - it ain't quite over yet and no matter what I love seeing the energy back.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Ron just looks like he doesnt care.

the more i watch JY the more i think he actually has a legit shot of being in an nba camp. He has some skills that just cant be taught
He would be a great backup PG that brings intensity and energry and harass the other team's PG on D

THROW IT DOWN MULCAHY!

His name is Ron "Business Decision" Harper until further notice
For a guy who’s NBA appeal is all offense-related, he’s sure done a poor job asserting himself on that end of the court the last couple games. So passive, getting nothing in and around the hoop

Reactions: iMigz
Just get Harper out it's like playing 4 on 5 with one guy who doesn't care.

Ron Harper in the game, Myles and Jacob out ... what the F pike, you just blew it

Jacob - Caleb - Paul ... ride that lineup, those guys care
I'd start them next game too. Pike really needs to send a message. Rutgers used to be alllll about the hustle intensity and defense. Palmquist barely played but he also really tries out there. Play the players who are bringing the energy and intensity and send a message

If Ron would start hustling on defense it would help him in the offensive end. He’s gotten lazy

He would be a great backup PG that brings intensity and energry and harass the other team's PG on D

THROW IT DOWN MULCAHY!
I dont see how he cant be pat beverly 2.0. His defense is other worldly and his quickness is just off the charts

Reactions: Scangg
Not going to win many games when Harper and Geo play poorly - 13 combined points on 6-18 shooting and lots of weak defense.

JY PAUL GEO CALEB MYLES

that’s your offensive lineup Pike if you want to score 14 points in the last 2 mins

Reactions: Scangg
Ron too tired spending all his time reposting his stats on IG and “LEAGUE HIM” posts.

caleb and Paul only people who came to play.

Reactions: koleszar
71-59 with 2 minutes remaining.Nice run by Rutgers but its too late .

Harper really should take that 3. With this much time left your best 3 point shooter shouldn't be passing up open 3's

Reactions: fluoxetine
There is clearly some tactical stuff to develop for Pike, But the biggest problem I’m seeing right now is team chemistry, followed by some very moody play by some critically important players (Geo, Harper, Johnson).

Pike has his work cut out for him. But the players need to shown film of their energy level and moodiness when things aren’t going well. Basketball is too quick a game to have these on-court pouting sessions.

Bad call by the refs? Move on.

Other team makes a couple lights out threes? Move on.

Reactions: RU848789 and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT