ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers versus St. Peter's

I rarely check game threads but I've never read more ridiculous whining from a bunch of fans in a complete blowout win. I mean, we're killing St Peter's and the posts are 90% drama queen bitching. Lol
These game threads are nutty for sure.

I mean, yeah, it was an ugly game and to an extent, we played down to the level of the competition, which isn’t ideal. But from the level of whining, you’d think we were getting blown out by a bad HS team. I particularly enjoy seeing people second guessing Pike’s lineups, what with all their many years of D1 CBB coaching experience. 🤣

Reactions: RUDiddy777

I mean, yeah, it was an ugly game and to an extent, we played down to the level of the competition, which isn’t ideal. But from the level of whining, you’d think we were getting blown out by a bad HS team. I particularly enjoy seeing people second guessing Pike’s lineups, what with all their many years of D1 CBB coaching experience. 🤣

I guess we’ll go ahead and shutdown the message board since only D1 CBB coaches can comment on Pike. Haha.

I love Pike but it’s ok to question his decisions. Gavin is critical to our success this year. He can’t learn if he isn’t on the floor when it matters. Playing garbage time minutes late in the game does nothing for him.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I rarely check game threads but I've never read more ridiculous whining from a bunch of fans in a complete blowout win. I mean, we're killing St Peter's and the posts are 90% drama queen bitching. Lol
You should know better than most. They didn’t play for 9 days . Still missing a big piece in Mag and though sloppy and getting out boarded won by 30 + points. Pike still working on rotations of players.

Chow, do you ever say anything positive?
Where do you want me to start? I've said many positive things about PM while most others have not. I rave about D. Simpson and have insisted he will be a good three point shooter this year. I've talked about how important Mag is. While I don't believe Pike is the greatest of coaches, I have raved about everything else he does for the program - about how hard his kids play, how well his kids represent Rutgers and how he portrays Rutgers as a great place to work. I've called him a great ambassador for the program. My negatives are pretty much we don't even attempt to block out, we keep allowing kids to take shots they can't make, we don't run a great offense, our 5's never develop any post moves, and we always struggle getting the ball inbounds against the press. I think that pretty much covers the negative things I've posted. I also think it's a pretty fair assessment.

Last edited:

I think in a game like this, Pike is probably still experimenting, testing and playing with different fits. I thought we’d win by 45.

Reactions: mildone
I guess we’ll go ahead and shutdown the message board since only D1 CBB coaches can comment on Pike. Haha.

I love Pike but it’s ok to question his decisions. Gavin is critical to our success this year. He can’t learn if he isn’t on the floor when it matters. Playing garbage time minutes late in the game does nothing for him.
It’s not for me to say what’s okay or not, and that’s not my intention. People can always post whatever they want. I’m just saying there’s nobody here who has 1/100th the credibility of the coaching staff when it comes to that sort of thing. So even when they make a mistake, they’re still way ahead of whatever we might come up with. We lack the experience and insight to even know when we’re right or wrong.

Doesn’t mean it’s not fun to speculate or whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT