ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. Temple

I don’t think RU is as bad as they looked today. Nor as good as they looked last week. I don’t think we know where we’re at yet. The good news is the team will know how hard they need to work for next week’s win now. The super easy success last week might’ve caused them to be overconfident.

Iowa is gonna be another game where we’re probably gonna have to grind it out in the run game. But let’s see what happens.
Understand. I'm just beginning to understand why no big time QB, TE, or Receiver would want to come here.

If this keeps up I betting Gavin leaves eventually. No trust in this staff to let him create. Most uncreative offense I've ever seen and I've seen plenty of them here last 45 years.

Hope I'm wrong.

You are never going to beat another team this year if you cannot have some basic sort of a passing game. The big boys are going to line up. This o line isn't pushing anyone down the field starting next week unless you can get the ball over and behind them a bit.

This was supposed to be a run pass spread offense and what we have is non of it. You can be conservative throwing to backs and tight ends and short crosses. Year 1, 2, or 3 doesn't matter. That's simple football.
I mean we’re 3-0 with games against Iowa and Nebraska coming up.

This team can honestly make a bowl game this season.

Reactions: RutgersMed
IMO there's very roughly a 1 in 10,000 chance of losing if Langan scores there and about a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of losing if Langan goes down like he did. Having said that, I wanted the TD, lol.
Rutgers odds or odds in general.
1 in a million RU fumbles the one and only snap required and temple scoops and scores? Even for us that's seriously low. Ha.

100% chance assuming we make the PAT. I understand the taking the knee decision though.
In my experience nothing is 100%… especially in this sport. Take the knee and get the hell out of there. Zero reason to extend the game there to allow some freak return or injury to take place. The TD is just for gamblers and for show.

Understand. I'm just beginning to understand why no big time QB, TE, or Receiver would want to come here.

If this keeps up I betting Gavin leaves eventually. No trust in this staff to let him create. Most uncreative offense I've ever seen and I've seen plenty of them here last 45 years.

Hope I'm wrong.
I think the only way Gavin leaves is if he gets beat out for starter next year. In that case, that would mean he wasn’t as good as we’d hoped. Our OL was struggling the first 3 quarters, and our WRs or Gleeson need to figure out how to help the QB out when he’s under pressure.

But let’s wait and see what happens against OSU. Wont be any point in playing conservatively in that game. I expect we’ll have to try to throw a lot more.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
He was held under 60% completion and less than 7 YPA.

Defense has one pick and easily could've had 3 more.....the DBs weren't the issue.
I watched a Temple TD get dropped right in front of me. Poor receivers (and a poor replay decision now that I’ve seen it) cheated a QB that beat us out of a win. Yes, our O struggled. But our D backs weren’t ready today either.

Last edited:
Reactions: redking
Don't know why so many assumed without a doubt that both were better than Noah.

Now that said, also keep in mind that this was Temple's Super Bowl. They were pumped for this game and wanted to make a statement. RU should have executed better and snuffed out that fire early but didn't.
At least now we have seen what Simon and Wimsatt have as a baseline, so IF we get Vedral back and he makes a bad play here or there in between some really nice plays, people won’t be booing and calling for the backups.

Last edited:
Pass on 1st down
200.gif

😜

I think the only way Gavin leaves is if he gets beat out for starter next year. In that case, that would mean he wasn’t as good as we’d hoped. Our OL was struggling the first 3 quarters, and our WRs or Gleeson need to figure out how to help the QB out when he’s under pressure.

But let’s wait and see what happens against OSU. Wont be any point in playing conservatively in that game. I expect we’ll have to try to throw a lot more.
OR.... He wasn't put in the right position to succeed because he had a governor attached to his game.

Johnny for the win. Not pretty at all but at least he was able to move the ball. Something the other two QBs could not today.
Yep it was a stinky duck of a game. Glad my kid had an 11 AM soccer game and I didn't drag the family to this one. Though I still plan on trying to get to Iowa.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
It’s very annoying that Syracuse is playing as well as they are.

There isn’t a more annoying fan base in these 50 states, but you have to give it to them.

In a weak ACC they might make some noise
We also should keep in mind Dino has been there for 7 years now building… God damn Urban Myer… SU was going to hire Ash and we might have gotten someone else!!

Yep it was a stinky duck of a game. Glad my kid had an 11 AM soccer game and I didn't drag the family to this one. Though I still plan on trying to get to Iowa.
My wife and I are bringing her brother to his first game.

It eliminated any chance for Temple whatsoever. No kickoff run back for a TD. No recovered onside kick.
That assumes taking a knee has zero risk. On second thought risk of taking knee is lower than your scenario if he had scored Would have liked to see offense score a touchdown. Oh well. 3-0 sounds good despite subtending details. Go RU

Reactions: mildone
LOL...you know we have some pretty thick ones on this board. They will want him out no matter what.
Vedral would have been no better. It’s our offense coordinator that stinks! He has had 3 years to develop Simon and this is what he has to show for it? He also had the opportunity to bring in transfers. Gleeson decides he has what he needs.

With the injury to Wimsatt Schiano just stated Rutgers is down to one scholarship quarterback.Team is a work in progress.

Running and passing lanes won’t open up until the QB is allowed to run a true RPO offense. Can’t have predetermined runs and passes with an RPO look. It only makes running more difficult. And passing predictable.
so Wimsatt is the answer, I agree.

Hope I'm wrong.
But you are so right.

At least now we have seen what Simon and Wimsatt have as a baseline, so IF we get Vedral back and he makes a bad play here or there in between some really nice plays, people won’t be booing and call for the backups.
Sorry to bring this up yet again but this is what SOME have seen out of our two young QBs all summer long . All we heard was schiano not being fair , schiano not giving so snd so a chance etc and oh yeah Vedral sucks should not start. I think Rutgers nation has seen what our QB room looks like RIGHT NOW. there are no conspiracy theories gentlemen as some said all summer long. There are concerns at QB and we have to piece things together .

Reactions: William J. Leggett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT