ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. Temple

Vedral would have been no better. It’s our offense coordinator that stinks! He has had 3 years to develop Simon and this is what he has to show for it? He also had the opportunity to bring in transfers. Gleeson decides he has what he needs.
He doesn't stink he just has very predictable tendencies that put the skill guys in bad down and distances. But we've seen what happens when he doesn't run every first down. The mixed play calling results in good ball movement and momentum on offense.

They don't have an OL that will blow guys off the ball every snap. That's 2-3 years away if RU is lucky enough to develop several of these young guys. Until then call plays that put your offense in the best position.

Sorry to bring this up yet again but this is what SOME have seen out of our two young QBs all summer long . All we heard was schiano not being fair , schiano not giving so snd so a chance etc and oh yeah Vedral sucks should not start. I think Rutgers nation has seen what our QB room looks like RIGHT NOW. there are no conspiracy theories gentlemen as some said all summer long. There are concerns at QB and we have to piece things together .
Haha, now it's Sean isn't calling the offense. They just pivot to a new tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Color me shocked that I was right all this time. BTW he doesn't stink he just has very predictable tendencies that put the skill guys in bad down and distances. But we've seen what happens when he doesn't run every first down. The mixed play calling results in good ball movement and momentum on offense.
Um you defended him and pounced all over me last year

Isn't it sad that neither of our QB's are good/reliable enough to finish this game that we need to put in Langan to just muscle the ball down the field?
Not at all. Everyone in the building knows it's running time. Letting Johnny run gives us an extra blocker. Makes perfect sense

My heart agrees with you, at least for style points - but you’ve gotta do the smart thing and end it there.
Only about 10 seconds left there-I'd run it in. As I said you definitely take the knee if it's closer to a minute on the clock. I understand the .001% chance that it could backfire but I like the odds it won't. And I'll admit I like the window dressing, style points could count if we're borderline bowl eligible at the end of the season.

Note: this is because we were playing Temple...in B1G play you definitely go down at the 1 and end it.

Last edited:
so Wimsatt is the answer, I agree.
Wouldn’t matter who the QB is, If the QB is not allowed to read the d and make the correct call. You can tell pre snap where the ball is going. Look at the body language of the receivers who know the RPO is prescripted for run. Look at the line splits on run they are much narrower than when it is scripted for pass. It’s fairly easy to see where the ball is going.

Reactions: RUDead
Wouldn’t matter who the QB is, If the QB is not allowed to read the d and make the correct call. You can tell pre snap where the ball is going. Look at the body language of the receivers who know the RPO is prescripted for run. Look at the line splits on run they are much narrower than when it is scripted for pass. It’s fairly easy to see where the ball is going.
Maybe, but with the complete sell out of the rush, like Temple did today, Wimsatt's running ability should have been able to neutralize Temple's plan. A few long QB runs when the LBs and line sell out on the rush and they stop. With Simon, yes, too obvious where he was going. So sick of the deep fades on the sideline which never worked, especially 2 on 1. Wimsatt gives us more options when all receivers are covered.

Iowa is dropping at least 28 on us lmao. They are eventually going to break out, and we’re an excellent stepping stone.
eventually if not sooner.
But the same might be said about the RU QB play and instead of looking at Evan and Gavin as not ready for prime time, against Iowa one of them will step up and prove to be a prime time player.
Either that or ( here he comes to save the day) Super Noah will come to play better than we thought he could and the D will stop the Hawkeyes from moving the chain .
I much rather look forward to a nice win than feel the opponent will do some damage

It’s always been depressing if you’ve been paying attention. But he’s a great fit !
3-0 makes the fit a lot better than you think.
Getting to another bowl game will make the fit look pretty good even though the getting there was on the ugly side.
Making a bowl game last year helped the fit
So far the coach of your dreams is 11- 14 three games into his 3rd year after taking over a program that was 8-33 for the 4 previous years ( HC was fired after 5 games into 4th year)

Maybe, but with the complete sell out of the rush, like Temple did today, Wimsatt's running ability should have been able to neutralize Temple's plan. A few long QB runs when the LBs and line sell out on the rush and they stop. With Simon, yes, too obvious where he was going. So sick of the deep fades on the sideline which never worked, especially 2 on 1. Wimsatt gives us more options when all receivers are covered.
That’s play design not talent related. If the “read” is predetermined before the snap it doesn’t matter who is handing the ball off. There needs to be an actual RPO read.Wimsatt nor Simon have been allowed to make a read.

Reactions: RUShea
Oh, he’s a fraud alright. Was clear, even before today. And the fault of the fan base for forcing Hobbs to hire him and overpay on exponential scale.

Temple is not that bad a team, not sure why people thought that.
They lost to Duke ..ACC bottom feeder…by 30 points. And were in a 7 point game vs. Lafayette in the 4th Qtr. Temple SUCKS . This was hopefully our WTF game. Poor preparation/ no motivation

OR.... He wasn't put in the right position to succeed because he had a governor attached to his game.
Maybe. But he's the only QB who has interceptions this season, and hasn't exactly been on target with some of his other throws.

He has a hell of an arm and can run. But he seems not quite ready to start, to me, at least.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Unless you are joking, c’mon you are smarter than that.

Can’t even admit today showed what I’ve been saying all along ?

Today matched my criticisms exactly. Can you at least concede that ?

Unless you are joking, c’mon you are smarter than that.

Can’t even admit today showed what I’ve been saying all along ?

Today matched my criticisms exactly. Can you at least concede that ?

If you're talking to me I will agree that some of your criticisms maybe valid but I'm not going to concede that's it's "always been depressing".
Now go celebrate your big win today. I say that with not the least bit of sarcasm, it was a nice victory for the Juice and just leave us to wallow in the post mortem. But I will repeat what I said in another thread. We did still win the game.

It eliminated any chance for Temple whatsoever. No kickoff run back for a TD. No recovered onside kick.
You take the points.
Scenario 1, score and Temple needs a TD and a FG.
Scenario 2, don’t score and Temple only needs a FG.

Is obvious which scenario boosts TU’s odds.”

If you're talking to me I will agree that some of your criticisms maybe valid but I'm not going to concede that's it's "always been depressing".
Now go celebrate your big win today. I say that with not the least bit of sarcasm, it was a nice victory for the Juice and just leave us to wallow in the post mortem. But I will repeat what I said in another thread. We did still win the game.
Always been depressing for me at least, because I see it every game. Anti-scoring philosophy.

I always root Big10 OOC, so no I did not root Juice. Rooted PSU too, only conf team to impress today.

Not that I recall but possibly only once or twice at most when at a game, as was the case today.

Why do you ask ?

Yes, possession of the football definitely isn't a relevant variable. You are pretty stupid, aren't you?
not more valuable than scoring so that Temple would have to then score twice instead of once in the same amount of time, and with no timeouts.

I’m not emotional about this. Coming to games 40 years, each game and season isn’t that meaningful. I hope for wins but losses don’t faze me. It’s just entertainment.

Besides, I didn’t need to post during the game today. The offense showed exactly what I’d have posted anyway, loud and clear.

Last edited:
You honestly think being up 8 + possible PAT with 1:00 left and kicking the ball away is better than being up 2 in victory formation? What?
Yes in terms of probability, but in reality it wasn’t going to matter. Am not criticizing, just pointing out better strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT