ADVERTISEMENT

Geo Fouled Blatantly - Link

How do you differentiate arm from ball in that video at normal speed? Shitty ending but no way you get that call.
I mean I don't even know what to say lol. Get your vision checked? Not even in a mean way but I an improve your own life way. Its really not debatable at all so not sure how to respond without being a jerk but there is zero ball there and its as clear as day

Reactions: RUShea
give credit to Iowa, they made enough plays in the last 10 minutes to win, RU did not. We virtually did not stop them on defense on every important possession

Reactions: BossNJ
We lost because we shot 33% from the FT line. But that WAS a blatant foul across the arm at a crucial endgame moment. That should not be missed.
If that foul was called we could have won the game despite the FT shooting prior. Its pathetic some fans think as punishment for shooting poorly from the FT line prior to that any terrible call doesn't matter and we deserve to lose no matter what as punishment. LOSER mentality

Reactions: RUMountie
Myles has made limited progress in his offensive game. The guy needs to go up strong and stop fumbling the ball on post plays. Of course if I was playing against him in a tight game I would just foul him and take my chances there.

give credit to Iowa, they made enough plays in the last 10 minutes to win, RU did not. We virtually did not stop them on defense on every important possession

Yeah they did the most with their opportunities.

Really hated the sequence in the 2nd where Garza had his way with Reiber several possessions in a row. Was a chance for RU to push the lead and momentum instantly swung with MJ on the bench.

Really hated the sequence in the 2nd where Garza had his way with Reiber several possessions in a row. Was a chance for RU to push the lead and momentum instantly swung with MJ on the bench.

one of the possible mistakes made that could have cost RU the game, Pike perhaps too cute trying to get to the timeout, in a game like this one or two plays are the difference

Reactions: BOCA93
Maybe I need to get those scarlet colored x-ray glasses from your optometrist, because its impossible to see the arm of #5 from that angle to tell whether he got ball or arm.
Lol I really don't understand how you can't see what happened. I'm hoping you're just really really old and have vision problems. Its not debatable. You're literally the only person who can't see it seemingly

Lol..compare this call against a pre-season All B1G player vs. The 3 point shot foul on Geo last end game vs. Illinois.

I'm sure well have some here say Geo deserved that one for being too clisecend game and didn't deserve this one just because.

Lol I really don't understand how you can't see what happened. I'm hoping you're just really really old and have vision problems. Its not debatable. You're literally the only person who can't see it seemingly
There is no ref in the country that will call that in the final seconds on a step back jumper at the top of the key.

If Ron makes the foul shot after the dunk we probably have last shot with game tied.
There were a lot of ifs during the game including missed foul shots,missed shots around the basket and not getting rebounds when it really mattered.In a two point loss it was gut wrenching to watch.

Reactions: carmenst
It wasn’t a step back jumper at the top of the key, it was in the lane, and before the shot. Probably should have been called, defi itely would be called against us at Iowa..I am not claiming this play as reason we lost the game, Now they Did miss more free throws than we made, which is yes unbalanced officiating, but we still had opportunity to win! 4-12?! Their big Moose Swishes them without effort, and even with our guards its a struggle for 1 out of 2..
still more positives than negatives today, as Reiber Rises to become a significant role player, Caleb’s return, and continued improvement in moving the ball around..still think we should have tried a play like they did against us on final possession. No reason to shoot from behind the arc.

They could've easily called Geo for clearing out with his left arm (wasn't blatant, but that often gets called) before any possible foul on Iowa and they didn't.

Reactions: bac2therac
Feelin’ .... exactly. He’s uncoordinated and doesn’t have good hands. Not fixable: is why the FT is poor as well. Not unusual for college big men and it is what it is.

fortunately being the tallest guy on the court makes him a very good defender’. Offense, not so much.

They could've easily called Geo for clearing out with his left arm (wasn't blatant, but that often gets called) before any possible foul on Iowa and they didn't.
Yeah and they could have easily called Garza for elbowing anyone and everyone every time he gets the ball down low but they didn't. They swallowed the whistle for Fran and his team.
And if you want to talk about situational calls the offensive player 99% of the time gets the consideration in that spot.
Bohanon hardly even moved and Geo freaked out. And he wasn't faking cause he doesn't do that.
He was clearly fouled enough to effect the shot. Didn't see it then but clear now.
And I am not saying it cost us the game.

There is no ref in the country that will call that in the final seconds on a step back jumper at the top of the key.
I've seen a ton of calls like this and in fact much lighter contact. Didn't Geo get called on a touch foul on a 3 point shot against Purdue in the final 30 seconds when it mattered? And his foul had no bearing on the shot.. This foul had an effect on his shot. It was clearly a bad no call. That said, we had plenty of opportunities to win. Iowa got away with one. As did we on the purdue backcourt no call.

Just don't throw away ur eyes in an attempt to be unbiased.

Geo was definitely hit hard on the arm. He should have gotten 2 free throws but the refs swallowed their whistles. I thought most of the game was well officiated but we only made 4-12 on foul shots. That cost us the game. How many games will Ron go 0-3 on the foul line? I don't think he was too close to 100 % healthy.

Do the people saying that doesn’t get called late in games or that it was t a foul even watch basketball or are they just trolling. He ripped his arm off causing him to lose the ball. What are you guys talkking about. Yes we need to hit more free throws. Also open 3s but at the end of the day we had a chance to take the lead and we’re hacked with no call.

Do the people saying that doesn’t get called late in games or that it was t a foul even watch basketball or are they just trolling. He ripped his arm off causing him to lose the ball. What are you guys talkking about. Yes we need to hit more free throws. Also open 3s but at the end of the day we had a chance to take the lead and we’re hacked with no call.
Another motivation.

Refs let Myles play which was good. Myles got fouled badly on a dunk in the first half no call. I thought we had a few ticky tack calls against us as mentioned. But we had our chances and didn’t put it away .

Again, no they could not have easily called Geo for clearing out because he didn't hit Bohannon. No matter how many times you say it.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Yeah and they could have easily called Garza for elbowing anyone and everyone every time he gets the ball down low but they didn't. They swallowed the whistle for Fran and his team.
And if you want to talk about situational calls the offensive player 99% of the time gets the consideration in that spot.
Bohanon hardly even moved and Geo freaked out. And he wasn't faking cause he doesn't do that.
He was clearly fouled enough to effect the shot. Didn't see it then but clear now.
And I am not saying it cost us the game.
Bohannon not only didn't even flinch, his jersey didn't even flutter because Geo didn't hit him. Geo had Bohannon on roller skates with his shake & bake. Now if Bohannon wasn't moving back maybe Geo gets him with the elbow, but that didn't happen.

That was a blatant HACK by Bohannan on Geo. Blatant. I don’t care that it was the final play and you should let the players play, blah blah blah, the refs HAVE to call that foul. They just have to.

Combined with the blatant non-call in the first few minutes of the game when Myles got hacked going up for a layup, you really have to wonder... I mean, these are easy, obvious fouls that aren’t being call in our favor, they’re not “questionable.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT