ADVERTISEMENT

Geo late game issues

Geo doesn’t have to be the hero at the buzzer this year because we have others who can … he still hits incredibly clutch shots like the end of the OSU game and the 3 at Indiana with about 2 mins left … he hits them in the final 5 mins now instead of the final 5 seconds, still clutch tho give me a break with this garbage

Anyone who posts criticism here is lambasted, i was there yesterday and at Iowa and Illinois, and am pretty diehard…just have slightly bigger expectations for a super senior…he has been ice cold the last two games and has had some costly late game turnovers…hope for our sake, he makes me eat this post and puts up 20 a game in the B1G tourney

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
When the pressure was on, Geo has choked time and time again.
Last year, we needed to beat Minnesota to get to the NCAA tournament and Geo allowed them to tie the game in regulation. Young saved the day in OT withour the tiniest bit of help from Geo.,

Last year Geo fell apart in the last five minutes against Houston. Missed shots, not blocking out, turnovers, He actually dribbled the ball away to give the game away without anyone touching it. He just somehow forgot how to dribble. I have never seen anything like that, much less with the Sweet Sixteen on the line.

This year, multiple missed last second shots to lose games. Then we need a win against Penn State. At home, senior day. Well, we all know Geo played like crap. Pressure on. Must win, but Geo is going to Geo. But all forgiven by the Geo worshippers. He still gets the credit for the win and tournament appearance. Frankly, the Geo worship is creepy.
You are biggest asshat on these boards and that is saying a lot because there are many. You never have a nice word to say about Geo and go into hiding whenever he plays lights out or carried us. He has flaws , he turns the ball over occasionally , but he assists the ball really well normally and his assist to turnover stat confirms it. He has become healthier , which he wasn’t parts of last year , and early this year , and he is driving to the hole again and has made a difference during this gauntlet. He misses more threes than we would like but has hit a bunch of them and also a number to win games. They is no need for you shitting on him. You are classless and your post is a disgrace to a player who has scored over 1500 points ( 5 years , I know but missed games in 2 years ) . Go root for another team.

Reactions: Plum Street
Anyone who posts criticism here is lambasted, i was there yesterday and at Iowa and Illinois, and am pretty diehard…just have slightly bigger expectations for a super senior…he has been ice cold the last two games and has had some costly late game turnovers…hope for our sake, he makes me eat this post and puts up 20 a game in the B1G tourney
We’re you there for Ohio State ? For second half Wisconsin home and first half Wisconsin away ? For Minnesota away? For Michigan home. ? For Indiana late 3 to give us the lead? His assists to Ron on the break ? Open your damn eyes. He is not an All American , but he is a really good BIG 10 player who becomes a key part of the opposing coach’s game plan.

Reactions: csphi
When the pressure was on, Geo has choked time and time again.
Last year, we needed to beat Minnesota to get to the NCAA tournament and Geo allowed them to tie the game in regulation. Young saved the day in OT withour the tiniest bit of help from Geo.,

Last year Geo fell apart in the last five minutes against Houston. Missed shots, not blocking out, turnovers, He actually dribbled the ball away to give the game away without anyone touching it. He just somehow forgot how to dribble. I have never seen anything like that, much less with the Sweet Sixteen on the line.

This year, multiple missed last second shots to lose games. Then we need a win against Penn State. At home, senior day. Well, we all know Geo played like crap. Pressure on. Must win, but Geo is going to Geo. But all forgiven by the Geo worshippers. He still gets the credit for the win and tournament appearance. Frankly, the Geo worship is creepy.
Not fair to just highlight the bad games, he has been the primary reason we won some games in the past, including Mich this year. He is inconsistent but overall a good player and is part of the resurgence so I can understand the love. Going into this season I thought we might be better with him moving on and Jones taking over but I was wrong.

Geo baker will be in the Rutgers basketball hall of fame , as will Ron Harper Junior . Others from these last two years might still yet

But geo isn’t having his number retired. Lot of great Rutgers basketball players didn’t have their number retired (Mike Dabney, Hollis Copeland , Eddie Jordan , abdel anderson , Jon battle , Roy Hinson , to name a few )…..

Now, if Ron came back for a 5th year and got to 2000 plus points (he is almost at 1500) and to number two on the scoring list ….and if the team does something special this season and next ….he could have his number retired some day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT