ADVERTISEMENT

Geo out of boot

For those who have experience with boots, what does this mean?

He was in a walking boot which essentially is either a strapped or inflatable brace that helps immobilize, create stability and support the ankle to avoid aggravating and help speed the healing process. If he's out of the boot, it can mean that the inflammation and pain is subsiding and his range of motion is returning....but this may not mean he is ready for any type of game action for the Syracuse game.

I am not sure this is the serious type of injury that could produce other injuries.. but sometimes injured athletes end up not trusting their healed joints. They change the way they move.. the way they cut.. they might put more responsibility on the "good" leg.. risking its health. So I am all for a long healing process here.. and I'm sure Geo is getting great advice.. I just hope he is being HONEST with his doctors. But I'm sure the coaches will figure it out in practice.. they have years of watching Geo.

Pike still said he was unaware / unsure of when Geo can resume playing though the boot remains off.

He could strap it with an ankle brace and play as an reserve. Really wish we had McConnell- bc Geo could afford to sit another 1-2 weeks

Geo is going to pull channel his inner Willis Reed... hobble into the game late in the 2nd half and win it on a step back 3

He could strap it with an ankle brace and play as an reserve. Really wish we had McConnell- bc Geo could afford to sit another 1-2 weeks
We may see McConnell back at some point this season, but probably not until later in the season if it happens at all.

Geo is going to pull channel his inner Willis Reed... hobble into the game late in the 2nd half and win it on a step back 3
I know you are just messing around but, Don't forget, That was Willis' very last game of the year for the team. But
that was great was it not? Actually, Wilt is my favorite for the best player ever, even though the Knicks were and are my favorite team.

I know you are just messing around but, Don't forget, That was Willis' very last game of the year for the team. But
that was great was it not?
Actually, Wilt is my favorite for the best player ever, even though the Knicks were and are my favorite team.

Nope. I’m a Lakers fan (Jerry West was my favorite player at the time). 😅 But Reed‘s hobbled heroics were impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT