ADVERTISEMENT

GG is afraid of competition

If you have a strong culture then the chemistry builds upon itself. You recruit chemistry guys and the culture continues to build. Pike has not done that and one of his most important players in Mag quit on him. Direct indictment of culture and the coach.
I agree culture is important but you don't lay any blame on Mag at all? That's crazy. At the very least it's a 50/50 proposition where the effort is split.

lol i dont care about GG, i care about the program.. This wasnt a Rutgers decision. They wanted him back and lost him. Its a devestating blow
Can’t really expect players to care about the school and program if we don’t care about the players…no?

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Think those last 4 are issues with the roster the last few years and not necessarily a program issue.

Transfers of top recruits is a ncaa issue. Lack of player development…sure. That’s on pike and can be an issue.

Chemistry…well..that changes year to year in my opinion. Love the culture here too..

Disagree the program has many issues. Think it’s fine
Yup, didn't we also get one of the top recruiting classes -- the bullshyt never stops.

Dude is a 5 ppg 2 rpg forward and the sky is falling cause he was afraid he’d be buried on the bench.

Net positive.
My comparison with Gavin was Grady Dick. Grady went to Kansas the year prior to Gavin! They are extremely similar size , weight, and style of play. Both of their recruiting numbers coming out of HS were extremely similar with Gavin’s higher in some areas. Grady had a nice freshman year nothing spectacular but got better every game.

Grady had a good freshman year and was a lottery pick and having a very very good rookie year in the NBA.

Gavin questioning his development makes complete sense if he looks around the NCAA landscape.

My comparison with Gavin was Grady Dick. Grady went to Kansas the year prior to Gavin! They are extremely similar size , weight, and style of play. Both of their recruiting numbers coming out of HS were extremely similar with Gavin’s higher in some areas. Grady had a nice freshman year nothing spectacular but got better every game.

Grady had a good freshman year and was a lottery pick and having a very very good rookie year in the NBA.

Gavin questioning his development makes complete sense if he looks around the NCAA landscape.
Lol we’re comparing Gavin to Gradey Dick now?

That would make more sense if it was a vacuum. The Harpers obviously had a first hand look and reached different conclusions.

And Dylan has a few million reasons why his decision and confidence in Pike is more important.

Sucks about Gavin, but if he didn’t want to compete, that’s a serious red flag.

Reactions: motorb54 and FastMJ
"Devastating blow"? He could barely get on the court this past season. He was a none factor in a lost season. Does he have talent and promise? Yes. Did he show it to Coach this past season?
It’s a big part of the coach’s job to tap that talent. After all, that’s probably a big part of why he came here. He wasn’t good but I don’t think pike did him any favors.

Reactions: RUDivision
And Dylan has a few million reasons why his decision and confidence in Pike is more important.

Sucks about Gavin, but if he didn’t want to compete, that’s a serious red flag.
He didn’t want to compete HERE. That’s the bigger concern.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Lol we’re comparing Gavin to Gradey Dick now?
Both 6 ft 7
Grady 195
Gavin 185
Both 8 ranked SF *gavin better shooter
Grady 22 nationally
Gavin 44 nationally

Not a huge difference except one picked a better player development coach.

Look at them coming out of HS one year apart. One was developed at Kansas the other was not . Prior to college what was significantly different between them?
Gradey Dick was a five star recruit, McDonalds High School All American and Gatorade National High School Player of the Year who averaged 14 points a game and shot 40% from three in his one year of college and then got drafted as a lottery pick after one year of college.

But yea other than that, what’s the difference I guess?

Gradey Dick was a five star recruit, McDonalds High School All American and Gatorade National High School Player of the Year who averaged 14 points a game and shot 40% from three in his one year of college and then got drafted as a lottery pick after one year of college.

But yea other than that, what’s the difference I guess?
Both 6 ft 7
Grady 195
Gavin 185
Grady 22 nationally
Gavin 44 nationally

***Out of high school is what I said! I appreciate you showing how much he developed as a freshman at Kansas and the looks he was able to get in a functional offense. Or just how badly Gavin regressed from HS to college. Couldn’t make my argument better myself.

Both 6 ft 7
Grady 195
Gavin 185
Grady 22 nationally
Gavin 44 nationally

***Out of high school is what I said! I appreciate you showing how much he developed as a freshman at Kansas and the looks he was able to get in a functional offense. Or just how badly Gavin regressed from HS to college. Couldn’t make my argument better myself.
Literally the only similarity you have provided is that they’re both skinny 6’7” white guys.

Both 6 ft 7
Grady 195
Gavin 185
Grady 22 nationally
Gavin 44 nationally

You’ve completely made up this idea that Gradey Dick consistently got better throughout the year at Kansas. He was already an elite player when he got there. He scored 23 points and led the team in scoring their first game of the season. You’re just making shit up to fit this incredibly dumb narrative you created.

Literally the only similarity you have provided is that they’re both skinny 6’7” white guys.
Or both ranked 8 sf
or ranked 22 and 44 nationally
Or I can give you there 247 recruiting numbers which are identical.

One went to a functional school and turned into a lottery pick the other went to Pike and looked like a walk on.

You’ve completely made up this idea that Gradey Dick consistently got better throughout the year at Kansas. He scored 23 points and led the team in scoring their first game of the season. You’re just making shit up to fit this incredibly dumb narrative you created.
You obviously didn’t watch him play ! He scored 23 points on a non conference game against
You’ve completely made up this idea that Gradey Dick consistently got better throughout the year at Kansas. He was already an elite player when he got there. He scored 23 points and led the team in scoring their first game of the season. You’re just making shit up to fit this incredibly dumb narrative you created.
You obviously didn’t watch him play ! He scored 23 points against Omaha a week non conference game. Gavin had 25 against Boston his second game. When Grady got into conference play he struggled and then found his footing 10 games or so into conference play.

You obviously didn’t watch him play ! He scored 23 points on a non conference game against

You obviously didn’t watch him play ! He scored 23 points against Omaha a week non conference game. Gavin had 25 against Boston his second game. When Grady got into conference play he struggled and then found his footing 10 games or so into conference play.
And the 14 he scored against Duke a week later? Or the 25 he scored against NC State a week after that?

And the 14 he scored against Duke a week later? Or the 25 he scored against NC State a week after that?
Once again using his college coach development of him in a system to prove my argument. The original post was comparing them coming out of high school something you want to avoid. They were damn close HS evaluations. One kid became a lottery pick the other a regressed unplayable walk on look alike

Once again using his college coach development of him in a system to prove my argument. The original post was comparing them coming out of high school something you want to avoid. They were damn close HS evaluations. One kid became a lottery pick the other a regressed unplayable walk on look alike
Guys don’t “develop” into lottery picks in one year of college basketball.

I already gave you all of the accolades Gradey Dick had coming out of high school. You’re the one pretending a 21st ranked 5 star recruit and a 44th ranked 4 star recruit are basically the same thing and pointing at how they both have a similar height and weight.

Gradey Dick was elite coming out of high school. Gavin was not.

Last edited:
Yes we get it. You don't like Pike. It's obvious. Bottom line is Gavin struggled big time in all phases. Shooting, rebounding, defense, and foul shooting. To his defense so did the rest of the team. Geo, RHJ, and Caleb developed under Pike. The portal has made it too easy and a scapegoat. Gavin deserves criticism for his faults as well. On that note I wish he stayed to develop, also wish him well.

Both 6 ft 7
Grady 195
Gavin 185
Grady 22 nationally
Gavin 44 nationally

I would break down and list their similarities like this

Dick / White
Griffiths / White

Last edited:
Yes we get it. You don't like Pike. It's obvious. Bottom line is Gavin struggled big time in all phases. Shooting, rebounding, defense, and foul shooting. To his defense so did the rest of the team. Geo, RHJ, and Caleb developed under Pike. The portal has made it too easy and a scapegoat. Gavin deserves criticism for his faults as well. On that note I wish he stayed to develop, also wish him well.
I wish he stayed also but he didn’t develop here in only a one year sampling. He looked a little better at t he end of the season, but he was way over-rated and either fooled Pike as he did the evaluators or Pike knew what he was getting and did nothing with it. I don’t blame him for leaving.

Ace and Bailey aren’t coming here to develop primarily. They’re coming here to showcase their skills and potential. Griffiths might not want to be part of that…which could either be phenomenal…or an absolute circus.

Reactions: #1 RUFan
TBH I tried not to say anything negative about Griffiths because of his potential and the idea of him being the best Rutgers basketball recruit ever up until this year. But man, he was not what I expected, his shot looks good and he's 6'8"...towards the end of the year he showed an increased effort and athleticism on defense. Everything else needs drastic improvement..

You’re making Dick jokes, right? This can’t be serious, other than one having a last name of Dick and one being a male who has a dick, I see no common similarities shared by these two.

Or both ranked 8 sf
or ranked 22 and 44 nationally
Or I can give you there 247 recruiting numbers which are identical.

One went to a functional school and turned into a lottery pick the other went to Pike and looked like a walk on.
Did you watch Grady Dick play basketball last year? Be honest, after watching Gavin play this past year would you say they entered college with equal levels of talent?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT