ADVERTISEMENT

GG is afraid of competition

Here we go, always blaming a coach when who knows the facts but weak bandwagon fans like Bac live by the blame game .
It’s so brutal. I won’t be renewing my membership because of all the ridiculous negativity on this board. It’s unbearable to read

Reactions: Loyal-Son
It’s so brutal. I won’t be renewing my membership because of all the ridiculous negativity on this board. It’s unbearable to read
This is all social media I'm beginning to think. I thought it was because the elections coming up so people complain and act like the sky is falling over everything. Rutgers basketball board was my one escape as the football board has been infiltrated by them already. Lol losing this space as well. I blame troll culture...some people get their rocks off by pissing people off online..

Yes we get it. You don't like Pike. It's obvious. Bottom line is Gavin struggled big time in all phases. Shooting, rebounding, defense, and foul shooting. To his defense so did the rest of the team. Geo, RHJ, and Caleb developed under Pike. The portal has made it too easy and a scapegoat. Gavin deserves criticism for his faults as well. On that note I wish he stayed to develop, also wish him well.
Sorry. Geo did not get better. His 5th year wasn't much better (and worse in some areas) than his frosh year. Please folks..just look at the facts. (there are better examples...).

Some in Griffiths family are very critical of pike.

Kn0wledge is likely his younger brother or GG himself.

We are suspicious that Larry has been very much in GG ear to skip town and likely blamed pike.

A group of us on the discord went deep last night going through lots of the internets bread crumbs.

Verified one of our most frequent posters was Larry.
went thru this thread and didn't see any additional details of what you are describing. So if you have some of those to share I for one would love to hear the comments and additional insights. (not saying I don't believe you. )

Reactions: #1 RUFan
Sorry. Geo did not get better. His 5th year wasn't much better (and worse in some areas) than his frosh year. Please folks..just look at the facts. (there are better examples...).

If we go by freshman years he didn't look like a deer in headlights compared to Gavin. He actually played well. But if we're comparing, Geo was a low 3 star compared to Gavin being a high 4 star. Expectations were higher. But we know star rankings mean very little if you don't pan out.

Quote post please?

This is the tweet that LGriff13 supposedly liked.
One of the other young guys told me he liked it but I can’t see who liked it
went thru this thread and didn't see any additional details of what you are describing. So if you have some of those to share I for one would love to hear the comments and additional insights. (not saying I don't believe you. )
Read all of Kn0wledge s post from last week until now.
That guy is a Griffiths likely his dad.

Tell me if you think he sounds happy with the offense. He might delete them soon because the old handle deleted most of the hoops posts.

This is the tweet that LGriff13 supposedly liked.
One of the other young guys told me he liked it but I can’t see who liked it

Read all of Kn0wledge s post from last week until now.
That guy is a Griffiths likely his dad.

Tell me if you think he sounds happy with the offense. He might delete them soon because the old handle deleted most of the hoops posts.
What was the old handle?

They wanted him back and GG didn’t want Pike to add shooters. Those type of guys aren’t winners. Not worried.
And Pike can’t wait on decisions. He did last year and got burned. Let’s judge him when roster is set at the earliest.

It’s crazy how many people are downplaying losing him.

This is a kid you wanted as your leading scorer with JMike dishing the rock and Lathan doing his thing in a couple years.

“Pikes” giving Flood vibes tbh

Reactions: seansherm

This is a kid you wanted as your leading scorer with JMike dishing the rock and Lathan doing his thing in a couple years.

Flood lived off Schiano’s left overs until they were gone. Pike built us from a flaming pile of dog crap. Not even close. You’d think we went winless in the big ten this year the way people are reacting. Yes it’s concerning the number of transfers we need, but maybe wait and see who he lands.

Flood lived off Schiano’s left overs until they were gone. Pike built us from a flaming pile of dog crap. Not even close. You’d think we went winless in the big ten this year the way people are reacting. Yes it’s concerning the number of transfers we need, but maybe wait and see who he lands.
I didn’t say anything about on the field/court.

Yeah you’re right, a bad freshman year and we should send every kid to the portal.

Kid is going to develop at his next stop and make a lot of people here look horrible.
So you think Rutgers won't get anyone else good? Or the guys at Rutgers won't develop? As far as downplaying it...it would have been nice to have him coming off the bench next year but unless he improved drastically he wasn't going to be a main contributor on a good team. Hopefully he does develop but could not guarantee him minutes next year. Would rather have a guy like alloco from Princeton..Gavin will be fine and Rutgers will be fine...it's 2024 so no having a recruit like Gavin transfer isn't the same as it was in 1999....at least the coaches are getting definitive answers on staying or going with enough time to properly find replacements and build a roster. This is the fun part..

Reactions: needmorecowbell
So you think Rutgers won't get anyone else good? Or the guys at Rutgers won't develop? As far as downplaying it...it would have been nice to have him coming off the bench next year but unless he improved drastically he wasn't going to be a main contributor on a good team. Hopefully he does develop but could not guarantee him minutes next year. Would rather have a guy like alloco from Princeton..Gavin will be fine and Rutgers will be fine...it's 2024 so no having a recruit like Gavin transfer isn't the same as it was in 1999....at least the coaches are getting definitive answers on staying or going with enough time to properly find replacements and build a roster. This is the fun part..
I’m saying I think he’s going to develop into a very good player regardless.

Would he developed more here vs another coach/program? Who knows. Impossible to say that.

The main point is this kid is absolutely a shooter, and those numbers are going to improve the more the game slows down for him. You could tell he was improving and looked more comfortable towards the end of this season.

Nobody sent him to the portal. Kid might eventually develop into a decent player, I guess. He’s not going to be any great loss.
Do you think having a solid 3rd year shooter on our team would have helped the team this year?

Because fast forward 2 years from now and that’s the player we just lost to the portal.

Do you think having a solid 3rd year shooter on our team would have helped the team this year?

Because fast forward 2 years from now and that’s the player we just lost to the portal.
Broski had an effective field percentage under 40% which was among the worst on a team that was a ridiculously bad shooting team. I would love to have a solid shooter but Griffiths was at absolute best a guy who MAYBE, POSSIBLY could be one at some indeterminate time in the future.

Broski had an effective field percentage under 40% which was among the worst on a team that was a ridiculously bad shooting team. I would love to have a solid shooter but Griffiths was at absolute best a guy who MAYBE, POSSIBLY could be one at some indeterminate time in the future.
Yeah we just disagree completely on his potential.

We’ll see how his career shakes out. Kid is going to end up with a staff that knows how to run an effective offense and his numbers are going to significantly improve.

Yeah we just disagree completely on his potential.

We’ll see how his career shakes out. Kid is going to end up with a staff that knows how to run an effective offense and his numbers are going to significantly improve.
Sure

exactly if Pike cant convince GG of his potential role than how does he do it to some jonny come lately portal player that has a dozen other offers that does not know Pike from Adam.

Sure Pike will get players to make up a roster but will any of these be the coveted ones that will provide the leadership experience and talent...looks like with the 2 Princeton players we could get the first 2 but the talent part is going to be desperately needed, is RU in with any of the top portal players right now...dont think so

next year is not about the future, its about a one year run with ONCE IN A LIFETIME PLAYERS...which means you have one shot to win and you have to load as much talent as you can you only got one shot do not lose your chance to blow this opportunity comes once in a lifetime
I’m making a general statement here, as I don’t post all the time, but for f$@@ks sake, how about all the people that post here that constantly bitch about everything; I sure hope you are donating towards the NIL; if not, please shut up; it’s tiresome. Please put your money where your mouth is. I’m frustrated as hell with the whole situation going on right now, but we have to deal with it. Let’s see what happens in the next month or so; if we have very little committed from the portal, then we can all agree we are in trouble. Until then, let’s just let this thing play out.

I’m making a general statement here, as I don’t post all the time, but for f$@@ks sake, how about all the people that post here that constantly bitch about everything; I sure hope you are donating towards the NIL; if not, please shut up; it’s tiresome. Please put your money where your mouth is. I’m frustrated as hell with the whole situation going on right now, but we have to deal with it. Let’s see what happens in the next month or so; if we have very little committed from the portal, then we can all agree we are in trouble. Until then, let’s just let this thing play out.
Maybe KTR can give us BlueChecks next to our names on TKR?

I posted this on another GG thread:
Gavin was obviously overhyped out of high school, fine, he had a very disappointing freshman season. This was a surprise for everyone including Gavin and his family. He has a much higher mountain to climb than he thought. He needs regular playing time to hopefully get better and that was not guaranteed to happen at Rutgers based on his first year so he changed his mind about never entering the transfer portal. Some team will give him that guaranteed starting spot so he is doing what is best for him, not Rutgers. Good luck Gavin, you seem like a nice kid.

I posted this on another GG thread:
Gavin was obviously overhyped out of high school, fine, he had a very disappointing freshman season. This was a surprise for everyone including Gavin and his family. He has a much higher mountain to climb than he thought. He needs regular playing time to hopefully get better and that was not guaranteed to happen at Rutgers based on his first year so he changed his mind about never entering the transfer portal. Some team will give him that guaranteed starting spot so he is doing what is best for him, not Rutgers. Good luck Gavin, you seem like a nice kid.

Yes - exactly this. I don’t understand how the folks equating this with a take that Gavin will never be any good. It’s not that - it’s that based on last year, Rutgers doesn’t have the luxury of assuming he goes from one the least efficient offensive players to above average offensive player worthy of starter minutes. We have to approach the portal assuming we can’t rely on Gavin. This shouldn’t be hard for anyone to understand.

On the flip side - the takes that Gavin’s chasing a bag of money somewhere else or is being battled for right now by a stack of top tier schools seems ridiculous to me too but I guess we’ll see. Maybe I’m wrong. There are so many good players coming off great years - and incoming frosh prospects with recruiting profiles just like Gavin’s last year. Why would the addition of Gavin’s frosh season at RU propel him over any of these alternatives in a money chase? It doesn’t make sense to me at all.

Reactions: 93RUDoc

wow. interesting comment.

If we go by freshman years he didn't look like a deer in headlights compared to Gavin. He actually played well. But if we're comparing, Geo was a low 3 star compared to Gavin being a high 4 star. Expectations were higher. But we know star rankings mean very little if you don't pan out.
Hey. If you're comparing Geo to Gavin that is a whole nuther story. You won't get a debate from me on that.

Reactions: #1 RUFan
If I had to guess I think you will be seeing Griffiths in the final four in a couple years playing for Uconn.

its not about GG, to me its about the program issues that are growing, sugar rush aside next year
that's just the wrong way to see this. Pike was recruiting at a low level until recently. We know that. The reason is because we are Rutgers. We didn't have the bag men - and later the NIL - reputation, or other elements that enable a coach to recruit top players. This is well known. And then more recently we specifically didn't have the NIL. The Star Ledger guys both said that losing Paul and Cam was because we were behind on NIL.

So yes, recruiting has been a problem prior to this year, and Pike has exceeded reasonable expectations over that time. And now he has upgraded recruiting.

This past year we hit a significant problem mostly due to team Rutgers not adjusting to the post NIL/Portal world. We know this. He seems to be on it now.

As to the "sugar rush" that's a pretty unfair characterization. We have a 5 person class coming in. And lot's of portal guys.

So what is this deeper problem that you are alluding to?

Both 6 ft 7
Grady 195
Gavin 185
Both 8 ranked SF *gavin better shooter
Grady 22 nationally
Gavin 44 nationally

Not a huge difference except one picked a better player development coach.

***Out of high school is what I said! I appreciate you showing how much he developed as a freshman at Kansas and the looks he was able to get in a functional offense. Or just how badly Gavin regressed from HS to college. Couldn’t make my argument better myself.
Did they both have fathers named Larry?

Yes. Keep dumping your hard earned money into the pockets of 18 year olds so they can get a free education and then leave after they face a little adversity.

You have to be filthy rich or insane to continue donating to NIL.

Reactions: bac2therac
Yes. Keep dumping your hard earned money into the pockets of 18 year olds so they can get a free education and then leave after they face a little adversity.

You have to be filthy rich or insane to continue donating to NIL.
It’s no different than any other professional sport. And yes, this is professional sports. It always has been. Contracts are coming soon. That will prevent a large portion of the movement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT