ADVERTISEMENT

Good game

Well that was exciting. I totally forgot there was a game but figured it out in the third quarter and tuned in to wctc . It was fun to jump around an yell at a game again. It sounded like a good time at the RAC.

I feel like Desiree Keeling was getting back at me for calling her out here on the message board! And from the sounds of things, there was no absence of hustle. I'm sorry about the outcome, but sometimes it really is about how you play the game richthedentist.

Unreal the way we've just dropped out of the WBB picture and seemingly accept it!?! Only here it seems...?? CVS seems to have lost that desire unlike most of us unhappy fans...we stuck with Kyle Flood too long also but we could always count on WBB to hold our heads up...now it's just wrestling for us I guess for now??

this is nothing against the girls I know they are playing hard(the fact that 5 girls had to basically play the whole game is exactly the problem) and I would never say anything about them I commend all our student athletes this has more to do with our Coach and the fact that this program has fallen so far and she should have stepped aside either at her doing or our AD should have had the wherewithall to force to exit gracefully because this program is a train wreck right now and not going to get any better while she is still at the helm. This program is on a downward spiral and this will continue until a new is hired

Good game with many bright spots. Came back from double digit deficit, Desiree was a force inside, Kandiss mid range jumper is for real, some clutch shooting and drives to extend the game. People that have given up on this team and the program can complain all they want, but unless you were there to see Precious Hall from JMU make some ridiculous shoots with defenders all over her you really can't get a sense for how well and how hard we played most of the game.

We are getting better...

How is that a good game ? We lost again that is the bottom line!
If you happened to actually attend the game, you would know why it was a good game. The team still needs a lot of work, but they are improving and in a year where we do not have any stars, learning who has the desire and ability to step up in crunch time is important. The team is communicating better and that will really help them. We are starting three sophomores, and two juniors - one who is a JUCO transfer so they will have growing pains. We all knew that once Tyler was out for the year this would be a really tough season. Any poster who reads this board gets your agenda - fire Stringer. Position noted. This was a loss, but all losses are not equal IMO when you are a fan who actually watches the games. This game was exciting and the crowd was into it.

Unreal the way we've just dropped out of the WBB picture and seemingly accept it!?! Only here it seems...?? CVS seems to have lost that desire unlike most of us unhappy fans...we stuck with Kyle Flood too long also but we could always count on WBB to hold our heads up...now it's just wrestling for us I guess for now??

+1. Who cares if we play tough and lose to JMU? We used to play tough and lose to Duke and UConn. We are nothing more than an average 1-AA team now (FCS for you youngsters).

Reactions: bac2therac
This is a bad year for WBB. There, I have stated the obvious. Now, for those who actually care, not just for an opportunity to bash somebody (typical Rutgers attitude), here are some things to consider.

The team is already getting better. For those of us who actually follow the details of the program, we remember CVS' preseason presser in which she told us that the beginning was going to be exactly what we have seen. She also said that she was pointing to February and March, which for those of us who remember, has been her trademark since she has been here. If you are really interested, go back and look at the team's record in December the two times they have been to the final four.

Look at who is sitting on the bench and will be eligible to play next year.

CVS has pointed out many times how her contract issues, supported by most of the people complaining on this board, have produced the recruiting problems she has recently had. Of course, the same complainers do not agree with this. They think coaches with one year contracts can successfully recruit against coaches with 5 year contracts. Of course, they can't name any of the coaches that CVS has to recruit against that have only 1 year contracts. Fortunately, Hobbs seems to agree with CVS, and her contract issues have improved greatly, much to the dismay of the complainers. Rutgers fans sometimes figure out that no matter what the sport, players tend to play for coaches not schools. If you need examples, think of Franklin and Gooddale. No one, including me, knows if or how much recruiting will improve with the improved contract situation, but at least we are going to have the opportunity to find out. Then the complainers will either have something legitimate to complain about, or they will disappear.

+1. Who cares if we play tough and lose to JMU? We used to play tough and lose to Duke and UConn. We are nothing more than an average 1-AA team now (FCS for you youngsters).
I care. Besides, outside the football world, ain't no such thing as 1-AA or FCS.

how low the bar is now going that a loss to JMU at home is considered to be a sign of improvement.
The reality is that Rutgers played their best offensive game of the season and still lost at home.Hall from JMU scored 46 points to break the RAC record for most points by a player previously held by Jackie Stiles .

Last edited:
how low the bar is now going that a loss to JMU at home is considered to be a sign of improvement.
If you weren't there (and there plenty of empty seats), you missed an exciting game. By the 2nd overtime, RU was exhausted with only 5 players carrying major minutes. Love Kandis, KK and Des who had lots of energy and drive. Gotta admire JMU's Precious Hall -- how is she not playing in a big time program?

The reality is that Rutgers player their best offensive game of the season and still lost at home.Hall from JMU scored 46 points to break the RAC record for most points by a player previously held by Jackie Stiles .
Just a correction here. The record was set by Tara Mitchem who was a teammate of Jackie Stiles at Southwest Missouri St. And the record was set in an NCAA game NOT against Rutgers. And I agree with the reality. There is a better team sitting on the bench waiting for next year.

Just a correction here. The record was set by Tara Mitchem who was a teammate of Jackie Stiles at Southwest Missouri St. And the record was set in an NCAA game NOT against Rutgers. And I agree with the reality. There is a better team sitting on the bench waiting for next year.
Next year is important for two reasons. The W/L record is important and, barring injuries, should be pretty good. More important, in my eyes, is who CVS recruits for 2018. We lose 5 players after next year and the quality of her recruits will tell me whether she should retire or keep going.

If you weren't there (and there plenty of empty seats), you missed an exciting game. By the 2nd overtime, RU was exhausted with only 5 players carrying major minutes. Love Kandis, KK and Des who had lots of energy and drive. Gotta admire JMU's Precious Hall -- how is she not playing in a big time program?[/QUOTE]
JMU must have great facilities and a coach with a long term contract

this is nothing against the girls I know they are playing hard(the fact that 5 girls had to basically play the whole game is exactly the problem) and I would never say anything about them I commend all our student athletes this has more to do with our Coach and the fact that this program has fallen so far and she should have stepped aside either at her doing or our AD should have had the wherewithall to force to exit gracefully because this program is a train wreck right now and not going to get any better while she is still at the helm. This program is on a downward spiral and this will continue until a new is hired

Whoa, there - I know you're excited, but periods and paragraphs are your friend.

What a game!!! I lost my voice. Told my father we were going to be there a while cause I knew we were going to tie it during the first OT. Some huge shots by Barber, Parker, and Jeune. Was a Great Game to be at.

Also not sure if anyone noticed by Syessence Davis was at the game courtside! Was great spotting one of my favorite recent alums

In her post game pressed, CVS refers to the "midgets" on her team who tried to defend JMU's Precious Hall. She used the term more than once. A couple of thoughts. (1) you recruited these midgets perhaps you should sign taller guards, (2) Precious Hall is no giant at 5' 8" and (3) I think this language isn't helpful or respectful from a mentor-coach.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
This is a bad year for WBB. There, I have stated the obvious. Now, for those who actually care, not just for an opportunity to bash somebody (typical Rutgers attitude), here are some things to consider.

The team is already getting better. For those of us who actually follow the details of the program, we remember CVS' preseason presser in which she told us that the beginning was going to be exactly what we have seen. She also said that she was pointing to February and March, which for those of us who remember, has been her trademark since she has been here. If you are really interested, go back and look at the team's record in December the two times they have been to the final four.

Did you actually just bring up the 2 final 4 teams? This team got HAMMERED by an awful Princeton squad and has wins against ONLY Bryant and Bucknell. Defend her all you want, that's your right, but com'on now. This team will be lucky to win 2-3 games in conference play.

I don't think the intent of this thread was to defend or not defend anything NUTS. Almost literally, that's what EVERY other thread on this board is about. I think the OP intended to comment on the game. Because, believe it or not, for some of us, it's ok to have only 95% of the threads on this board be about how awful everything is and how the coach needs fired and how the game has passed her by. He or she may have foolishly believed that for a moment, despite what everyone admits is a very disappointing season, we could enjoy talking about the team (the one we have, not the one we wish there was), and enjoy the excitement that clearly a few people experienced during that two hours of play.

Sheesh. Maybe I need to take my toys and go play on another sandbox.

I don't think the intent of this thread was to defend or not defend anything NUTS. Almost literally, that's what EVERY other thread on this board is about. I think the OP intended to comment on the game. Because, believe it or not, for some of us, it's ok to have only 95% of the threads on this board be about how awful everything is and how the coach needs fired and how the game has passed her by. He or she may have foolishly believed that for a moment, despite what everyone admits is a very disappointing season, we could enjoy talking about the team (the one we have, not the one we wish there was), and enjoy the excitement that clearly a few people experienced during that two hours of play.

Sheesh. Maybe I need to take my toys and go play on another sandbox.

Except for the last line, this was one excellent post Suzebe.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Thank you. We all know that the team needs to get better, but I agree that there are some dedicated fans would like to actually talk about the team, rather that repeat the same complaints over and over again. I've never liked it when people try to hijack a thread (like this one) that's intended to be positive or constructive.

Thanks for correcting the information.I thought WCTC mentioned Stiles set the record .

Reactions: RUClassof67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT