ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Goodale Announces Pollard as new Asst. coach

Hearing we have a real shot with top 2024 recruit in USA .. That will piss off PHP and Crackers if that happens!

That's great news! Ryder is the real deal. Will show the skeptics (me included) how wrong we are. He is at a weight that will really help us in two years.

LetsGo - for just a fan, you are our best source of inside information (lol).

I Have Nothing to do with Program..Just a Fan...You obviously hate Program for some reason And that's your right.. We all live in USA...
There are Alabama Football posters that Bash their Program because they dont like Coaches...Your comments speak for your agenda...Pretty obvious...Clowns will be Clowns and will always retract their posts just like you did!
He’s a Penn State fan on an alternate account trying to stir up Rutgers fans by posing as a disgruntled RU fan and trolling. Put him on your ignore list. He’s the first and only poster I have done that with and it makes the board way more enjoyable.

He’s a Penn State fan on an alternate account trying to stir up Rutgers fans by posing as a disgruntled RU fan and trolling. Put him on your ignore list. He’s the first and only poster I have done that with and it makes the board way more enjoyable.
Agreed. The Ignore feature is one of the great inventions of all time for message boards! Every once in a while I see that someone not on Ignore is responding to an Ignored person's post. Then I see that "You are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content" message in a thread and it seems like maybe there is a rational conversation going on with said Ignored poster. I then am allowed to open up the ignore content and read it. After reading the Ignored Member's comments, I invariably end up realizing why I had the poster on Ignore, but the system allows me to take a look at it, if I want to. Pretty neat. This is a great country! Go RU!

My feelings are not at all hurt by being on SCNJ's ignore list. I would expect it from him. He's an SJW and a part of today's cancel-culture where people want to silence opposing views. The logic of thinking I'm a Penn State fan can only be understood by someone of today's cancel-culture intellect. Does he think I'm spying to help Sanderson steal Goodale's training secrets? My disappointment with Rutgers recruiting and training and my suggestions are because I'm... Never mind, I can't make any sense of that. I'd welcome an opportunity to debate any of the subjects with individuals like SCNJ if he or they could only advance from accusations and put sentences together into paragraphs, hopefully creating cohesive thoughts. Is he that sure of himself? What's the chance he'd be willing to bet some money - winnings to go to the program? $5k? Bill knows who I am and what I want for Rutgers. He isn't of the same opinion but understands my intent and I respect his position without having to agree with it. What about big mouth SCNJ, will he put up? My guess is he'll enjoy wallowing in the comfort of not having to hear anything that he doesn't agree with.

I Have Nothing to do with Program..Just a Fan...You obviously hate Program for some reason And that's your right.. We all live in USA...
There are Alabama Football posters that Bash their Program because they dont like Coaches...Your comments speak for your agenda...Pretty obvious...Clowns will be Clowns and will always retract their posts just like you did!
I retracted nothing. I responded to your literal misinterpretation of what I had said. You edited your post after I replied to it.

Hey Pessimistically
What is SJW for this intellectually challenged 81 year old. He and I don’t really differ philosophically as we do implementation-wise. He is a good guy and an RU fan.
Yeah, Bill, I didn't know the acronym until recently. There are lots of new terms these days. SJW stands for Social Justice Warrior. Those are the progressives that buy into all the nonsensical narratives of today. In practice, they must speak out and signal their virtues to fellow progressives. In reality, as demonstrated by SCNJ, they are closed to ideas counter to their progressive religion. The behaviors carry over to other things like this wrestling forum where they must shut down any opposing views. I think I can pretty accurately predict virtually every social and political position held by SCNJ. There's never any divergence. Next time, better to ask me offline :-) They don't like hearing it. Watch.

Hey Pessimistically
What is SJW for this intellectually challenged 81 year old. He and I don’t really differ philosophically as we do implementation-wise. He is a good guy and an RU fan.
Bill: I'm sure almost all the people in this forum are good people and fans. I believe I am too. However, I will not be silenced and I will not stand to be accused of things that are not true. People here blurt out assertions without the benefit of knowledge. I invite debate, but cannot tolerate stupidity. While SCNJ may be a swell guy, he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, or if he is, he doesn't show it. You know well from our conversations that my approach is to bring attention to issues. That is and has always been my approach to improving things, whether back in my career or today in my business. I just don't believe there is much to gain from blind cheerleading. As you know, I don't just point to problems, I offer solutions. I have not encountered anyone in this forum that was willing to have a conversation about how things could be improved. It's been pretty much like Igor in the movie Young Frankenstein: what hump?

Reactions: gogs7
We need some serious help for our upper weights. Between the coaching staff and SKWC not a lot of high-quality guys to work with the wrestlers.

Reactions: rags
You know well from our conversations that my approach is to bring attention to issues. That is and has always been my approach to improving things, whether back in my career or today in my business. I just don't believe there is much to gain from blind cheerleading. As you know, I don't just point to problems, I offer solutions.
PessimisticallyHopeful you add a lot to the forum. You are not a yes man and raise good questions. Don't be intimidated by others on the forum. Keep raising issues to make us better. If you are a friend of Bill, you must be a good man. He is our best fan.

Everyone says Pollard is a great guy and I want him to succeed. Just don't understand the blind loyalty to the decision to appoint Pollard. It is clear that Goodale wanted a big man as a coach especially since there is no one in the RTC that can provide the feel of a big man. Heard that Pagano is there but he has slimmed down.

Hearing we have a real shot with top 2024 recruit in USA .. That will piss off PHP and Crackers if that happens!

Absolutely wouldn't piss me off. I think it would be a huge get. I am realistic though. We have seen this scenario so many times... Earl Hall, Piccinni, McFadden, Josh Dziewa, Suriano ( Although he did win us our first NCAA title), just to name a few, that we "almost are a lock to get". Simply the fact that he is still unsigned at this point, is worrisome. I don't get hyped up like some of you guys.

Reactions: DUForever
PessimisticallyHopeful you add a lot to the forum. You are not a yes man and raise good questions. Don't be intimidated by others on the forum. Keep raising issues to make us better. If you are a friend of Bill, you must be a good man. He is our best fan.

Everyone says Pollard is a great guy and I want him to succeed. Just don't understand the blind loyalty to the decision to appoint Pollard. It is clear that Goodale wanted a big man as a coach especially since there is no one in the RTC that can provide the feel of a big man. Heard that Pagano is there but he has slimmed down.
Thank you, barrelroll. Now be prepared to be called me with a different handle. I do appreciate your support and understanding of my intent. As for Bill, he may just be tolerating me. He's a person of high character, so I struck up offline discussion with him. We have some different views and I understand and appreciate his position. I believe he understands my positions and moderates them with the current reality. We exchange views with civility and respect. I could easily consider him a friend.

Absolutely wouldn't piss me off. I think it would be a huge get. I am realistic though. We have seen this scenario so many times... Earl Hall, Piccinni, McFadden, Josh Dziewa, Suriano ( Although he did win us our first NCAA title), just to name a few, that we "almost are a lock to get". Simply the fact that he is still unsigned at this point, is worrisome. I don't get hyped up like some of you guys.
He just finished his sophomore year of high school and I’m pretty sure can’t legally sign anywhere for another like 15+ months.

I agree conceptually with Pessimistically on his ideas and thought process. I may not agree that those ideas can be implemented at RU wrestling. I think he is a quality guy and consider him a good friend and sincere RU fan!

Reactions: runrutgersrun
And there You go! I said we have a good chance but you want to throw out LOCK? Nobody is saying that...It's really sad if you claim who you are (40 years ago) that you don't support the Program...You wrestled in a Rutgers era that Never wrestled anybody in Top 25 and did Home and aways with d3 teams in front of 50 parents and girlfriends that went for free...Those days you had Trenton State and Montclair State individuals Winning Division 1 titles
He recently said that’s not him

It seems like a comedy of errors though, doesn't it? I won't even get into the who's and what's at this point. I think I remember Bill saying it wasn't AS.
Even if I was AS or another wrestler you guessed on, I wouldn't tell you. Even if I was asked by a family member "Is that you on the Scarlet Nation" I would flat out deny it. Bill knows who I am. He is someone I trust. None of you ( or a large percentage) have ever wrestled on a higher level, let alone made an NCAA tournament, and to add icing to the cake, finished strong. I know what I am talking about, have called out things before people even knew, and will continue to call it like it is. People get frustrated and pissed when they hear negative truths. Coming back with "did you start your sophomore year yet", is why I don't respect what someone like you says. Was it stupid to say that...yes. But I played that role because I got inboxed by 4 members and they guessed right on who I am. I like anonymity. It gives me a chance to invoke my unbiased ( mostly biased I would say) opinions about the direction of the program. I've been pretty damn accurate, and that's what people hate, and I will continue to call it like it is. So, if we get Mullen, it's a huge get, but I see another last-minute swayed decision happening. I hope he isn't pressured to come here, because we've seen how that played out. By the way, he is a Junior now, and if he is still dicking around with the decision-making late in the year, cut it the f%ck loose already and move on. I don't think this kid has great college upside, and don't know why we are so gun-ho on him. By the way, I am very stoked about Pollard as an assistant coach. You don't need a HUGE name to make an impact on recruiting. It's his passion, grit, and loyalty that won me over. I thought that was a very smart hire and feel confident he will bring more fire to this program. Who cares if some resident big name wants to play paddy cake at some regional training center, with an Olympic pipe dream. Unless you are Jordan Burroughs, you'd better be prepared in 2-3 years to get a steady-paying gig. When half of these numbnuts are working shit-ass jobs, they'll wish they took what Pollard got.

Last edited:
Even if I was AS or another wrestler you guessed on, I wouldn't tell you. Even if I was asked by a family member "Is that you on the Scarlet Nation" I would flat out deny it. Bill knows who I am. He is someone I trust. None of you ( or a large percentage) have ever wrestled on a higher level, let alone made an NCAA tournament, and to add icing to the cake, finished strong. I know what I am talking about, have called out things before people even knew, and will continue to call it like it is. People get frustrated and pissed when they hear negative truths. Coming back with "did you start your sophomore year yet", is why I don't respect what someone like you says. Was it stupid to say that...yes. But I played that role because I got inboxed by 4 members and they guessed right on who I am. I like anonymity. It gives me a chance to invoke my unbiased ( mostly biased I would say) opinions about the direction of the program. I've been pretty damn accurate, and that's what people hate, and I will continue to call it like it is. So, if we get Mullen, it's a huge get, but I see another last-minute swayed decision happening. I hope he isn't pressured to come here, because we've seen how that played out. By the way, he is a Junior now, and if he is still dicking around with the decision-making late in the year, cut it the f%ck loose already and move on. I don't think this kid has great college upside, and don't know why we are so gun-ho on him. By the way, I am very stoked about Pollard as an assistant coach. You don't need a HUGE name to make an impact on recruiting. It's his passion, grit, and loyalty that won me over. I thought that was a very smart hire and feel confident he will bring more fire to this program. Who cares if some resident big name wants to play paddy cake at some regional training center, with an Olympic pipe dream. Unless you are Jordan Burroughs, you'd better be prepared in 2-3 years to get a steady-paying gig. When half of these numbnuts are working shit-ass jobs, they'll wish they took what Pollard got.
Joe Pollard is a good man who is involved in every facet of the program. I am confident that any doubters will be pleasantly surprised by Joe’s effectiveness In this role.

None of you ( or a large percentage) have ever wrestled on a higher level, let alone made an NCAA tournament, and to add icing to the cake, finished strong. I know what I am talking about, have called out things before people even knew, and will continue to call it like it is. People get frustrated and pissed when they hear negative truths. Coming back with "did you start your sophomore year yet", is why I don't respect what someone like you says. Was it stupid to say that...yes. But I played that role because I got inboxed by 4 members and they guessed right on who I am. I like anonymity. It gives me a chance to invoke my unbiased ( mostly biased I would say) opinions about the direction of the program. I've been pretty damn accurate, and that's what people hate, and I will continue to call it like it is. So, if we get Mullen, it's a huge get, but I see another last-minute swayed decision happening. I hope he isn't pressured to come here, because we've seen how that played out. By the way, he is a Junior now, and if he is still dicking around with the decision-making late in the year, cut it the f%ck loose already and move on. I don't think this kid has great college upside, and don't know why we are so gun-ho on him. By the way, I am very stoked about Pollard as an assistant coach. You don't need a HUGE name to make an impact on recruiting. It's his passion, grit, and loyalty that won me over. I thought that was a very smart hire and feel confident he will bring more fire to this program. Who cares if some resident big name wants to play paddy cake at some regional training center, with an Olympic pipe dream. Unless you are Jordan Burroughs, you'd better be prepared in 2-3 years to get a steady-paying gig. When half of these numbnuts are working shit-ass jobs, they'll wish they took what Pollard got.
I couldnt care less who you are or what you do or dont bring to the wrestling table. You offer some good insight and I have no problem with you questioning someone or being overtly critical. But funny you throw out the word respect. Forgive me if my story line is wrong because over the years the story may have become convoluted. But havent you been on here with multiple screen names pretending to be different people. Weren't you the one who challenged a wrestlers father (Aragona?) to a fight? Weren't you the one who has been harshly critical (to the point it's cringe worthy) towards those very same wrestlers who compete at the same almighty level you once did? And yet you use the word respect when you are called out on your childish games and actions on here?

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I thought we had gotten past the mystery. Everything you've said about your wrestling history has pointed to AS. If we were to believe you're not AS, then your claimed accomplishments cannot be true. You can't have it both ways. If you aren't AS, then you've lost credibility again. While mixed at times, I think your contributions have been very good but if you lose credibility again, it won't matter what you say. Personally, I do think you're AS and I do appreciate your comments and assessments. Agreeing to what you offer is not as important as having different views presented. Your style annoys the cheerleaders, as does mine. When we do that, they develop narratives and convince themselves they're true. In doing so, they can feel better about dismissing what we say and go back to shaking their pompoms.

I certainly don't want to provide my identity, so can understand to some degree, but if I had your history and credentials, and lived safely at a distance as you do, I think I would be okay saying who I am. I would be proud of who I am and what I accomplished. I think you will experience less aggravation and spend less time dealing with it if you come out of the closet. But if you're not AS, ut oh, it's time for another new handle, possibly something like Beadhead 😊

I agree conceptually with Pessimistically on his ideas and thought process. I may not agree that those ideas can be implemented at RU wrestling. I think he is a quality guy and consider him a good friend and sincere RU fan!
Thank you, Bill. I really didn't want to invoke your name and bring you into it, but managed to do so anyway. It's most important to me that people here understand that you and I can discuss issues, understand each other's perspectives, and disagree while still being respectful of each other. Maybe it comes with age, or maybe it comes from "where we were when".

No problem Pessimistically. I use my name cause whatever I think or say is exactly what I feel. I respect your opinions which are well founded.

Reactions: rutgersron
I couldnt care less who you are or what you do or dont bring to the wrestling table. You offer some good insight and I have no problem with you questioning someone or being overtly critical. But funny you throw out the word respect. Forgive me if my story line is wrong because over the years the story may have become convoluted. But havent you been on here with multiple screen names pretending to be different people. Weren't you the one who challenged a wrestlers father (Aragona?) to a fight? Weren't you the one who has been harshly critical (to the point it's cringe worthy) towards those very same wrestlers who compete at the same almighty level you once did? And yet you use the word respect when you are called out on your childish games and actions on here?
Well, if you couldn't have cared less, then why mention it then...several times? Sounds like you do care. That's on you. I appreciate the compliment though on the insight. I've been convoluted because it's easy to figure someone out who wrestled for Rutgers, just by a few clues. I've only had 2 screen names, and one got banned. Anymore, there Sherlock? I would love for you to pull up where I challenged Aragona's father. It was MVB and Aragonas...whatever, whoever making challenges. Not interested in fist fighting at my age, and certainly not with dads with marginal wrestling back rounds, if any. I'm no harsher than any of the other posters. I told it like it was and all the anger came out of people because they knew it was the harsh truth. Let me ask you a question. Do think Aragona lived up to the hype...even remotely? Do think he wasted at the very least, 1 to 2 years of good scholarship money, that could have gone to a lesser wrestler, who really wanted it? With MVB, he had some flashes of greatness, but when it mattered he floundered. Tell me I'm wrong and I will gladly apologize. I really not called out any childish antics. I tell it like it is and it always comes true...and again with the examples... Corey Cooperman, Suriano, Campollatano.

I thought we had gotten past the mystery. Everything you've said about your wrestling history has pointed to AS. If we were to believe you're not AS, then your claimed accomplishments cannot be true. You can't have it both ways. If you aren't AS, then you've lost credibility again. While mixed at times, I think your contributions have been very good but if you lose credibility again, it won't matter what you say. Personally, I do think you're AS and I do appreciate your comments and assessments. Agreeing to what you offer is not as important as having different views presented. Your style annoys the cheerleaders, as does mine. When we do that, they develop narratives and convince themselves they're true. In doing so, they can feel better about dismissing what we say and go back to shaking their pompoms.

I certainly don't want to provide my identity, so can understand to some degree, but if I had your history and credentials, and lived safely at a distance as you do, I think I would be okay saying who I am. I would be proud of who I am and what I accomplished. I think you will experience less aggravation and spend less time dealing with it if you come out of the closet. But if you're not AS, ut oh, it's time for another new handle, possibly something like Beadhead 😊
Like I've said, previously, Even if I was or wasn't who I said, or who others said, I wouldn't admit it in a public forum or even in person. And again I will repeat myself... I like my anonymity. Did I get in the heat of the moment and spew a few facts...yup. Did everyone play CSI NYC and figure out things off my words...yup. But man for so many like you who say "I could care less who you are", you certainly do give huge shit about it. It has nothing to do with "if I'm proud of myself or in some sort of wrestler closet". I can kind of come on here and state my unbiased opinions, without hearing it in public. Fair enough?

Penn St and NC st as well as Cornell will be high on the list for Ryder & Duke . I would be shocked if Rutgers got either

I certainly don't want to provide my identity, so can understand to some degree, but if I had your history and credentials, and lived safely at a distance as you do, I think I would be okay saying who I am. I would be proud of who I am and what I accomplished. I think you will experience less aggravation and spend less time dealing with it if you come out of the closet. But if you're not AS, ut oh, it's time for another new handle, possibly something like Beadhead

Yeah, now all we need is Harley to chime in and we've got a real party going.
Lmao..I could care less who Crackers is or says he is ..he showed his lack of class more then once on this forum ..we all know what he says about our RU wrestlers ..former wrestler or not he disgraced himself to the point he actually pretended to be someone else and ts hard to believe anything he says or thinks ...one day it seems logical then the next thing he says is from the bottom of a bottle and disgraceful ..go figure....just thought I would reply since my name was invoked lol

Reactions: LETSGORU91
SCNJ
Bingo. You finally figured it out! Congratulations. Now I will have to alter my approach. Shucks.

Reactions: SCNJ
I thought we had gotten past the mystery. Everything you've said about your wrestling history has pointed to AS. If we were to believe you're not AS, then your claimed accomplishments cannot be true. You can't have it both ways. If you aren't AS, then you've lost credibility again. While mixed at times, I think your contributions have been very good but if you lose credibility again, it won't matter what you say. Personally, I do think you're AS and I do appreciate your comments and assessments. Agreeing to what you offer is not as important as having different views presented.
I would be proud of who I am and what I accomplished. I think you will experience less aggravation and spend less time dealing with it if you come out of the closet. But if you're not AS, ut oh, it's time for another new handle, possibly something like Beadhead 😊
Ditto

Lmao..I could care less who Crackers is or says he is ..he showed his lack of class more then once on this forum ..we all know what he says about our RU wrestlers ..former wrestler or not he disgraced himself to the point he actually pretended to be someone else and ts hard to believe anything he says or thinks ...one day it seems logical then the next thing he says is from the bottom of a bottle and disgraceful ..go figure....just thought I would reply since my name was invoked lol

Ditto x 2

The thing about Crackers is this, he can be huge asset to board having former AA as a regular. At the same time, he has tendency to flaunt his resume over others —you didn’t wrestle D1, you never made it to NCAA much less achieved AA. That’s an odd tactic to hold your accomplishments over others yet expect them to take it all on faith of your word and also respect your desire for anonymity when you have invited the question yourself. I don’t say this antagonistically as I have no issues with you, so just a humble observation.

For me it’s different. I wrestled since 4th grade through high school in ‘80s and 4 years in D2 in early ‘90s. I consider myself knowledgeable of the sport but little to do with my experience. Until my older son started wrestling when he was in 5th grade I had largely moved on, but what struck me most upon return was just how little I knew. The sport with the clubs and personal training and concentration at early age and videos on flo had evolved so much and was vastly different in many ways. In HS, nutrition, weight cutting, weight training, etc. had all progressed a long way. He’ll, on top of all that, it’s a different generation of kids —we didn’t grow up with participation awards, or social media or any of that. So what struck me despite literally growing up with the sport was how much I still had to learn. Since that point I’ve learned a lot from coaching kids, self education, talking to people, being around the sport, and raising 2 wrestlers.

I’m not saying this to diminish Crackers knowledge and experiences, undoubtedly they are a big asset to the board. Just from my experience I try to balance what I know or think I know with learning from others who have experiences that add value in their own right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT