ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Goodale Announces Pollard as new Asst. coach

The thing about Crackers is this, he can be huge asset to board having former AA as a regular. At the same time, he has tendency to flaunt his resume over others —you didn’t wrestle D1, you never made it to NCAA much less achieved AA.
I find myself relating to much of what you've said in this post. Crackers has obviously been defensive at times and overly at times. My greatest criticism of him was when he got caught up in pissing matches with Harley. However, I'm sure it is difficult to hold back on his accomplishments, assuming true, when someone is asserting that he had none of that. Again, assuming Crackers is AS, he has a great deal to be proud about. One of the brain trust recently attempted to diminish his accomplishments by pointing out the lack of competition at the time. What he didn't realize was that by doing so, he also diminished the accomplishments of all the earlier wrestlers, which would include Lita, Van Ness, McHugh, and many others. Surage and Ashnault hold the top two best win percentages.

The sport with the clubs and personal training and concentration at early age and videos on flo had evolved so much and was vastly different in many ways.
Yup, my experience as well. Out of high school for decades, I coached my kids through the mid-eighties to mid-nineties before high school and took them as far as I could. Places like The edge had already appeared. The intensity was much greater already than anything I had witnessed. While one son won a kid's states, they both burned out by high school.
—we didn’t grow up with participation awards...
Nope, no such nonsense.
..with learning from others who have experiences that add value in their own right.
As I mentioned above, my wrestling knowledge is limited both by time and the advancement of the sport. My critics likely never noticed, but I do not attempt to address technique issues other than the obvious ones. I focus on the things where I can draw from my professional background, which I believe allows me to see issues others don't.

The thing about Crackers is this, he can be huge asset to board having former AA as a regular. At the same time, he has tendency to flaunt his resume over others —you didn’t wrestle D1, you never made it to NCAA much less achieved AA. That’s an odd tactic to hold your accomplishments over others yet expect them to take it all on faith of your word and also respect your desire for anonymity when you have invited the question yourself. I don’t say this antagonistically as I have no issues with you, so just a humble observation.

For me it’s different. I wrestled since 4th grade through high school in ‘80s and 4 years in D2 in early ‘90s. I consider myself knowledgeable of the sport but little to do with my experience. Until my older son started wrestling when he was in 5th grade I had largely moved on, but what struck me most upon return was just how little I knew. The sport with the clubs and personal training and concentration at early age and videos on flo had evolved so much and was vastly different in many ways. In HS, nutrition, weight cutting, weight training, etc. had all progressed a long way. He’ll, on top of all that, it’s a different generation of kids —we didn’t grow up with participation awards, or social media or any of that. So what struck me despite literally growing up with the sport was how much I still had to learn. Since that point I’ve learned a lot from coaching kids, self education, talking to people, being around the sport, and raising 2 wrestlers.

I’m not saying this to diminish Crackers knowledge and experiences, undoubtedly they are a big asset to the board. Just from my experience I try to balance what I know or think I know with learning from others who have experiences that add value in their own right.
Great Post

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Well, if you couldn't have cared less, then why mention it then...several times? Sounds like you do care. That's on you. I appreciate the compliment though on the insight. I've been convoluted because it's easy to figure someone out who wrestled for Rutgers, just by a few clues. I've only had 2 screen names, and one got banned. Anymore, there Sherlock? I would love for you to pull up where I challenged Aragona's father. It was MVB and Aragonas...whatever, whoever making challenges. Not interested in fist fighting at my age, and certainly not with dads with marginal wrestling back rounds, if any. I'm no harsher than any of the other posters. I told it like it was and all the anger came out of people because they knew it was the harsh truth.
In all actuality, and the only reason I care, is it's a waste of time trying to wade through some of the bullcrap you spew. And that's on you for spewing it. Someone else said it. If you want to boast about your accomplishments, please go ahead and do it. There's no need to turn around and make up completely different stories to try and throw people off your scent. It's pretty silly and removes any credibility behind who you purport to be. There's no need to demean the very wrestlers who don the Scarlet R that you supposedly did as well. You want to be criticial? Fine, go for it. I have no problem with that but some of your posts are pure head scratchers. And yes, your methods are more harsh than probably just about every poster here.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT