ADVERTISEMENT

Great to see the team play with confidence again

RuBird

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Did not see heads down after missed shots or poor defense. Most of the team played within themselves. Wish Hyatt would learn not to heave 3’s. Also as someone else said would have like to have fed GG a few more opportunities. Overall a great night

Last edited:
Amazing what having J Williams on the floor has done for Noah. I honestly believe with him and a healthy Mag, from Day 1, we have 3-5 more W's at this point. Maybe more:

Princeton
OSU
PSU
Iowa MAYBE
Purdue MAYBE
Minnesota MAYBE

That being said your thread title hits on another topic I've been posting about for a few years now (and was discussing with @SirScarlet @Scarlet Shack and @PatrickRU92), once again, this past week:

This team, this program, our ENTIRE athletic department....needs a sports "shrink." Every time a team goes on a run, FLOP. Gets their highest ranking ever? FLOP. Gets ranked #1? Flop. Beats a #1 or highly ranked team? Flop. And TYPICALLY vs crappy teams. You can almost bet on it. It's been a problem ever since our athletic program started making noise, the past 7-8 years, and we've GOT to find a way to get over that "hump" of understanding that we're not only "there" BUT we BELONG THERE and we're going to STAY THERE. I think it's an "inbred" RU/NJ thing from us being so overall lousy, as an athletic department, for so damn long. We just lack the mental toughness to say '**** YOU" to other teams, programs, schools, once we get going. Last night was a step in the right direction, IMHO, for hoops. We let them creep back, a couple of times, but stepped on their throats each and every time. Well done men!

...anyway, can we go on another mini-run? I think we need Mag to do so but it's possible!!!

(I've posted about this before on the Olympic Sports forum and the RT...it's a thing...I swear, lol!)

Reactions: PatrickRU92
Amazing what having J Williams on the floor has done for Noah. I honestly believe with him and a healthy Mag, from Day 1, we have 3-5 more W's at this point. Maybe more:

Princeton
OSU
PSU
Iowa MAYBE
Purdue MAYBE
Minnesota MAYBE
Not Princeton.Rutgers rarely plays at a high level in their first of the season especially against a team that runs such a good half court offense.

Reactions: DylanAce
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT