ADVERTISEMENT

Griffith playing out of Position?

Doctorzit

Freshman
May 26, 2013
Watching GG through the year I have noticed his ability to jump and block shots ; as well as sky for rebounds. With that in mind, how do those of you on this message board feel about playing him closer to the basket; eg strong forward or even center?

• Haha
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Watching GG through the year I have noticed his ability to jump and block shots ; as well as sky for rebounds. With that in mind, how do those of you on this message board feel about playing him closer to the basket; eg strong forward or even center?
he was bringing the ball up late last night. Perhaps he can play all 5 spots lol.
Seriously I like what he did again down lower but he is not playing the 5. He's 25+ lbs away from the four.

Reactions: RW90
You guys are going a little nuts looking for things to praise the kid for. He didn’t do great things against Michigan down low or otherwise. He grabbed a bunch of rebounds in garbage time playing with our walk ons. He finally hit a 3, but looked awful on his other attempt.

Let’s see how he develops. A lot of kids make big jumps after frosh season. Hopefully he’s one of them. But let’s tell it like it is - if that happens, in no way will it have been based on flashes greatness he showed in the Michigan game. If Chol was given the PT and hoisted 3s eventually he’d connect on one too. Beyond that, any kid can get hot and nail a couple shots - see Oskar’s game with theee 3s. Right now Gavin just isn’t ready to help us on a consistent basis. He has a full off season to hopefully figure it out.

Where he’s at right now can be paralleled with Gavin Wimsatt in football. Fans need to stop pointing to every little positive thing he does as some kind of sign.

Reactions: zebnatto
I don’t feel good about it, since you asked how people feel. Let’s just have him focus on improving his shot and playing out on the wing.

You guys are going a little nuts looking for things to praise the kid for. He didn’t do great things against Michigan down low or otherwise. He grabbed a bunch of rebounds in garbage time playing with our walk ons. He finally hit a 3, but looked awful on his other attempt.

Let’s see how he develops. A lot of kids make big jumps after frosh season. Hopefully he’s one of them. But let’s tell it like it is - if that happens, in no way will it have been based on flashes greatness he showed in the Michigan game. If Chol was given the PT and hoisted 3s eventually he’d connect on one too. Beyond that, any kid can get hot and nail a couple shots - see Oskar’s game with theee 3s. Right now Gavin just isn’t ready to help us on a consistent basis. He has a full off season to hopefully figure it out.

Where he’s at right now can be paralleled with Gavin Wimsatt in football. Fans need to stop pointing to every little positive thing he does as some kind of sign.
I agree. While everyone wants to see a big-time player coming out of Gavin, I think the evidence is pretty slim, and that people are making more of the bits of progress he has had than it deserves. That said, let’s see Gavin go out tonight and score 16 on three of five from three-pointers. Throw in five rebounds as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT