ADVERTISEMENT

Hats off to Hafley

Why not Hats off for Schiano, Caiknight? Rutgers looks like a good team under Schiano. BC is not looking too good.

BCU is 5-3. Rhey look better than us. Are you kidding? They are 5-3 right now.

Of course I don’t want them to beat us for recruits but Hafley is coming in to Jersey. We need to be ready.

I give Schiano props when he has earned them. We just got boat raced by winless Illinois on the ground.

Today isn’t that day.

BCU- Boston College University. The acc commish called them that at his presser when they went there. It’s still funny.

Reactions: mikershoein
Nothing to do with Schiano. Stop being so soft. It’s unbecoming.

BCU is 5-3. Rhey look better than us. Are you kidding? They are 5-3 right now.

Of course I don’t want them to beat us for recruits but Hafley is coming in to Jersey. We need to be ready.

I give Schiano props when he has earned them. We just got boat raced by winless Illinois on the ground.

Today isn’t that day.

BCU- Boston College University. The acc commish called them that at his presser when they went there. It’s still funny.
BC sucks. Nearly lost to a horrific Texas State. They have beaten a bunch of nobodies in a nobody league and got waxed by ND.

Reactions: beaced and pmvon
I think Hafley inherited a much better situation than GS did. I saw him as a high risk/ high return type of hire and would have been fine with him taking over here if things did not work out with Greg. He will be a tough competitor on the recruiting front for sure.

Reactions: patk89
The acc blows but they are still 5-4 after tonight. Wed take that in a heartbeat.
Let's break down their season:

1. Lost 26-6 to 2-6 Duke!!!![roll]
2. Beat a god awful Texas State after being down 14 points.🙄
3. Lost to Mediocre UNC. [roll]
4. Beat a more mediocre Pitt by 1 point. 🙄
5. Beat a 2-5 Georgia Tech. 🙄
6. Lost to Clemson. Don't care about the score. [roll]
7. Squeaked by a horrific, 1-6 Syracuse. [roll]
8. Got crushed by Notre Dame. [roll]

You are cheering this performance, and meanwhile, our fans are pissing all over our team and our OC. Some of R fans get the results they deserve.

You care about the scores when they are squeaks but not when they play two highly ranked teams?

Hafley the same level as Bannon and Quitshear LoL? Cmon man.

When I saw this, i thought they beat ND. LOL. He only needs one more win to match last year’s win total.

Reactions: ATIOH
You care about the scores when they are squeaks but not when they play two highly ranked teams?

Hafley the same level as Bannon and Quitshear LoL? Cmon man.
Those are guys that did well at rutgers . And left , just like halfey .

Those are guys that did well at rutgers . And left , just like halfey .
Coaches are different than players. We should have offered him the head job and he wouldn’t have.

I’m sure you were rooting for Schiano when he left

Coaches are different than players. We should have offered him the head job and he wouldn’t have.

I’m sure you were rooting for Schiano when he left
Wasn’t rooting for or against schiano. It’s about rutgers winning , end of story . You’re entitled to root for who or what you want . The logic of it and positing it on the rutgers message board is questionable Z

Wouldn't look too much into BC's W-L in the ACC, which is probably the 6th or 7th best conference in the country.

Reactions: jtung230
We would lose to them

A coinflip game imo. They are a one trick pony and if you can shut down their 1 good WR then they don't do anything.

They've played 9 games and the teams they have Ws over have a combined 10 wins and that is because the best team they beat is 4-4.

A coinflip game imo. They are a one trick pony and if you can shut down their 1 good WR then they don't do anything.

They've played 9 games and the teams they have Ws over have a combined 10 wins and that is because the best team they beat is 4-4.
We just lost to a winless one trick pony backup QB that also had lost one of its best offensive lineman .

The acc blows but they are still 5-4 after tonight. Wed take that in a heartbeat.
Is that really any better than the last guy? You act like they went 2-10 last year. They went 6-6 and lost their bowl game. He's beaten bad teams like he should(barely) and lost to good teams like they've always have. His only decent win was against Pitt(4-4) because of a missed XP in OT. Not exactly celebratory stuff right there.

Last edited:
Never root for programs we compete with for recruits . We all learned that in grade school.

Agreed and I’ll give you an example. My neiece is a sophomore at BC. Very smart girl who is not into sports at all. Knowing that I collect hats from places I visit, at Christmas last year she gave me a BC hat. I have to admit it’s a nice looking hat, all gray with the BC logo and burgundy on the underside of the bill. Thing is, to this day I have never worn it.

Reactions: KnightClub
Really? You are out of touch with reality if you think it's a good idea to be his cheerleader.
in other words... BCU, Syracuse, PSU.. them doing well is bad for recruiting... toss in Notre Dame too.. but at some point the better they get the more national they go.

Reactions: RU Cheese
Let's break down their season:

1. Lost 26-6 to 2-6 Duke!!!![roll]
2. Beat a god awful Texas State after being down 14 points.🙄
3. Lost to Mediocre UNC. [roll]
4. Beat a more mediocre Pitt by 1 point. 🙄
5. Beat a 2-5 Georgia Tech. 🙄
6. Lost to Clemson. Don't care about the score. [roll]
7. Squeaked by a horrific, 1-6 Syracuse. [roll]
8. Got crushed by Notre Dame. [roll]

You are cheering this performance, and meanwhile, our fans are pissing all over our team and our OC. Some of R fans get the results they deserve.
No offense but I don’t think we can win half the games they won after yesterday. Not a BC fan at all but if I am a recruiter for NJ it’s hard to sell a program that lost to team they should’ve beaten. While we mire in a possible 1-8 they may end up bowling. That just sucks, this is obviously a down year in the Big Ten and we can’t beat a hapless Illini team at home. Sell that

Reactions: gtbb3115
No offense but I don’t think we can win half the games they won after yesterday. Not a BC fan at all but if I am a recruiter for NJ it’s hard to sell a program that lost to team they should’ve beaten. While we mire in a possible 1-8 they may end up bowling. That just sucks, this is obviously a down year in the Big Ten and we can’t beat a hapless Illini team at home. Sell that
No offense but you don’t get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT