ADVERTISEMENT

Herb Klein, Rutgers grad & megadonor, US congressman, dead at 93

Thank you for posting this item. This is a wonderful gift. As too many of us know, there is an urgent need for medical breakthroughs in treating dementia. I had one brief contact with a researcher at the Brain Health Institute not long ago, and was very impressed.

Small note: notice that in the last paragraph, Rutgers is referred to as "Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey." That is the way I was advised to mention Rutgers in my first article as a faculty member. But the "state university of New Jersey" part seemed to get lost over time. I think it is good to raise consciousness around the state that, yeah, Rutgers IS the State University of New Jersey.

On the State University of New Jersey, I also noticed the phrase is no longer emphasized.

For example, the train bridge over George Street used to be painted, “Rutgers The State University of New Jersey”. Around 15 years ago, the bridge facade was repainted just “Rutgers”.

The retaining wall between Clothier and George Street, visible at another entrance to campus, still has the long form sign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT