ADVERTISEMENT

How the heck did we beat Seton Hall??

Salvi's Headband

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2006
We stink and they're good.

Oh well...if the best thing that comes from this season is getting the Jersey trophy back at least that's something

Because Seton Hall was no better at that point. They'd lost to every non-cupcake on the schedule. If this run continues and SHU finishes with a strong season, that game will likely be looked back on as the game that lit the fire to turn things around.

Reactions: SHUSource and batts
Good shooting and they aren’t that good
They’re clearly a better basketball team than we are. We just had a hot shooting night, our only real win thus far to go along with the OOC garbage teams. We might end up being the BLEMISH on their resume when they’re considered for the tourney. That’s how bad we are.

We could be a real dagger in their heart with the way we are playing. Low quad possibilities.

The game had nothing to do with coaching, hot shooting RU and miserable shooting SHU.

RU vs. SHU - season stats in parenthesis:

RU: FG 41% (40%), 3PT 50% (29%), FT 75% (66%)

SHU: FG 36% (45%), 3PT 15% (31%), FT 59% (75%)

I love Holloway, but I don’t know if I’d say that. I’m very happy with our guy, but Pikiell is a really good coach. I think a lot of you underrate him.
So true. People forgot the dumpster fire parade of coaches we’ve had in years past. A hiccup of one year is nothing to be concerned about. At least it’s due to a talent gap. At least we’re not Slappy Howard or Woodson totally wasting talent.

The game had nothing to do with coaching, hot shooting RU and miserable shooting SHU.

RU vs. SHU - season stats in parenthesis:

RU: FG 41% (40%), 3PT 50% (29%), FT 75% (66%)

SHU: FG 36% (45%), 3PT 15% (31%), FT 59% (75%)
Our team defense did have a little something to do with the bad shooting outside of Kadary Richmond, who was a Dawg that day.

Reactions: walshtrips
We beat SHU the way we are going to beat alot of teams this year. ...Not predicting a great season, but we definitely have a bunch of wins left in us...We have plenty of guys who can get hot on a given night.....

Rutgers matched and for some stretches that night surpassed Seton Hall’s physicality, something no Big East team has done so far.

Haven’t seen many Rutgers games this year but physicality was one of the defining traits for Pike’s success in the past.

Pikiell is a very good coach. However the team needs to have a deep introspective look at who can do what or how can I help my team get better and better over the next few weeks.

Reactions: walshtrips
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT