ADVERTISEMENT

How Will the First Ash Era Game Thread Go This Week?

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Usually, I avoid positing and reading the game threads during the game, because they are too full of folks over reacting and hurling insults at coaches and players.

Will anyone hurl out a Fire Ash? Or that they miss Kyle Flood?

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
He didn't blitz enough, not enough bubble screens, didn't make halftime adjustments and
he's stubborn.

I think the game thread will go just fine.

A Thread about a thread, I like it. We should add a poll. Maybe we cann run a poll to see if we want to run a poll?

:popcorn:
You seem to a be a pollmaster. What timing, this popped up on my screen. You can get to work!

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/poll-threads-which-will-appear-here-on-saturday.44684/

You may want to change #1, #2, #3,, #5, #6, and #9. [cheers]

All else fails, you can run a poll about this thread which is about a thread.

Which threads will appear here saturday
  1. Put in Rettig
    47 vote(s)
  2. Fire flood
    50 vote(s)
  3. Some type of Julie is clueless thread
    24 vote(s)
  4. I knew we could do it
    11 vote(s)
  5. Fire flood again
    42 vote(s)
  6. The word Schiano appears in a title of a thread
    32 vote(s)
  7. Somebody will whine about people whining
    29 vote(s)
  8. Our defense is the worst
    38 vote(s)
  9. Carroo is the best
    19 vote(s)
  10. Laviano is the man
    11 vote(s)

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
Our DB's never turn around and I wonder if Schiano would come back next year, you know,
swap positions with Ash.

Our DB's never turn around and I wonder if Schiano would come back next year, you know,
swap positions with Ash.
Yes one of my favorites the old "turn around" LOL but that is also at the games and all of the time on this board. Opposing fans laugh at those who yell that out at games.

Don't forget "why do we want all of our big guys (ie Seymour) on the OL?" That one is losing steam since our DT's and DL has gotten bigger since the Schiano years. Ash said the same exact thing Schiano said. DL = foot and hand quickness. First step, etc. OL is completely different.

I won't even get into the QB. Whoever it is from now until eternity get the blame of all dumb fans. Sometimes they deserve blame and sometimes they do not but they will always get the blame.

I stay away from game time threads because that is basically fans who can't wait until after the game to be ash-holes. But I do think Ash gets a honeymoon period this year even from the trashiest of our fans.

Usually, I avoid positing and reading the game threads during the game, because they are too full of folks over reacting and hurling insults at coaches and players.

Will anyone hurl out a Fire Ash? Or that they miss Kyle Flood?
If the game is a disaster I don't think there will be hate filled posts because the coaches are brand new. I think there will be posts such as "It is going to be a long season", "It is going to take time". I certainly don't expect a disaster to happen though and everyone on tv will be eating crow.

If the game is a disaster I don't think there will be hate filled posts because the coaches are brand new. I think there will be posts such as "It is going to be a long season", "It is going to take time". I certainly don't expect a disaster to happen though and everyone on tv will be eating crow.
It's a process.
Our offense is young.
We were dinged up a bit.
Someday our best will be good enough to beat Washington?

Reactions: Extra Point
What gets posted during the game is not much different than what you would here in a game section. Fellow RU fans post what they feel in the heat of the moment. For many fans that are hundreds of miles away from RU, it's a chance to enjoy or commiserate with others that live breathe RU football.

I'm sure in our coaches 1st season there will be many ups and downs. Just buckle in and enjoy the ride.

Waiting for the what kind of cereal are you having if a blowout occurs.

I am going for some positive threads such as:

Wow, so this is what good coaching looks like
Our strength and conditioning is paying off
Our D Line is really improved

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Yes one of my favorites the old "turn around" LOL but that is also at the games and all of the time on this board. Opposing fans laugh at those who yell that out at games.

Don't forget "why do we want all of our big guys (ie Seymour) on the OL?" That one is losing steam since our DT's and DL has gotten bigger since the Schiano years. Ash said the same exact thing Schiano said. DL = foot and hand quickness. First step, etc. OL is completely different.

I won't even get into the QB. Whoever it is from now until eternity get the blame of all dumb fans. Sometimes they deserve blame and sometimes they do not but they will always get the blame.

I stay away from game time threads because that is basically fans who can't wait until after the game to be ash-holes. But I do think Ash gets a honeymoon period this year even from the trashiest of our fans.

What is the educated response to the "TURN AROUND!!!" people?

I have always understood it that across college football, the players are generally taught to face guard, because it reduces the risk of getting beat completely,thereby minimizing big gains, possibly at the expense of more catches. Basically, unless you are a top college corner, the smarter percentage play is to face guard. But it is true that looking for the ball seems to be more effective, and it seems like across the NFL, and the best college corners do turn around to look for the ball.

I remember someone explained here last year (maybe you, maybe Gef) that it had to do with being "in phase" which I took to mean that the players were coached that if you are in lock step with your guy, you may turn around. If you were out of phase, you were not to turn around, and were to face guard, watch the players eyes, and either attempt to break up the pass or at worst allow the catch but minimize YAC by being in good position to tackle right away.

Maybe its as simple as that. I think when you get the calls to "turn around" is when you have a player in position to make a play, but he doesn't realize it. I'm not sure what the answer is there. I would think he should be turning around IF he is actually on his guy as the ball is coming in.

If we are getting blown out, it will once again get ugly. We suck, poor play calling, "same old Rutgers, etc.

I remember reading a post early in the 1st quarter of the home opener vs Norfolk State after they scored. The title of the thread was Its Going to be a Long Season. And it was started by a long time RU fan who was at the game when he started the thread. RU won the game 63-13.

But in the end the OP was right. 2015 was to be a long season for RU FB.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Sarcasm aside, I'll say this about Ash: I have absolutely no reservations about giving him a substantial amount of time to turn this around. He is the right guy for this job, regardless of this first game or first season results. He WILL have us competing with OSU and UM within 5 years.

I expect major growing pains with a first head coach . But I do like him so far and he's a major upgrade from the previous guy .
I expect to see a fire ash thread around 430 Saturday

Unless we're winning from start to finish, the game thread this Saturday will likely be the same great example of bipolar childishness that it always is. I avoid them unless the game is going reasonably well.

Look the odds of us actually winning this game is slim and none but I would like to see us at least beat the spread.

I will be posting the score for those who can't watch. But, I will avoid replying to the crazy drunks that normally post in those things.

Only true morons can separate themselves from the pack this week. Brand new coach left with, well, we all know what Ash took over. Looking forward to reading the threads when I get home Saturday night lol!

I have an idea. Let's start a game thread now, why wait? I'll start: coin toss. We win the toss and this guy chooses the ball rather than defer!!! What's wrong with him. Bring back Flood!

I'm going to be posting on the game thread here ... in between taking bites of pizza (not pie) that is. :)

The staff gets a free pass for at least the first 1/3 of the season, then 2nd guessing and criticisms will flow like beer at a tailgate.

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
#FreeRettig . . . . .

#Jes Suis Hayden

iu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT