ADVERTISEMENT

How would you improve the Rutgers game day experience?

1) Win

2) Turn down the volume or at least don’t have it at max volume.

3) If you’re playing music PA, try not to play every single song and sound effect between plays every time. Not only you’ll develop tinnitus, and sore throats from talking loud all game long, some people be disjointed from all the different sounds hitting you at once.

4)Let the band play. This is not Citi Field, an NBA Game, or Arena Football. You don’t hear Penn State, Ohio State, most SEC stadiums play the same stupid songs every 30 minutes.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Actually you are wrong here. The way it is now fans have to walk back along the practice fields along the service road. For a short length, it is level ground but then it becomes uneven so fans have no choice but to walk along the service road against oncoming bus traffic. This is a dangerous condition as it now stands. By stopping at the first lot and doing a drop off there it is actually the safer option as fans do not have to walk against bus traffic.
not only is it safer but it would enhance the game day experience for many.
You were not supposed to walk back along the service road.
They have announced the bus will let you out at 53A so your problem is solved.

Sorry, but get rid of the complainers that need to bitch about anything they can find at football or basketball games---they can watch on TV. Especially those that really do nothing ($) to support RU. Face it ,there's always things that make our lives a little bit miserable.

I have been coming to Rutgers games for 30+ years now. When I started coming to RU games I was a young man, single and honestly the only reason we came to the games was to pick up chicks, drink and sometimes see the game.
fast forward 30 plus years, I still tailgate with the same crew although our group has gotten smaller as people have gotten older and moved out of state.
anyhow, when I was young I would park in Johnson park, walk from there to our tailgate in the blue lot, then reverse after the game. I did that for 20 + years with no problems.
fast forward to today and we are now in the purple lot and I walk from the bubble to our tailgate in purple. The issue is on the way to the bubble as the bus turns off from frelinghysen road to the service road, there is a wide open paved parking lot that would be perfect for a drop off point for those in the blue lot and the purple lot. The bus drivers won’t do it. This would save me a 1/2 mile walk and 20 minutes of tailgate time before the game. This would greatly enhance the game day experience for me and the many others who I see walking with me back towards the blue lot and purple lot.
what other enhancements would improve the game day experience for you?

WE NEED THE RETURN OF THE SALE OF GAMEDAY PROGRAMS !!!

THIS WAS SORELY MISSED LAST YEAR..... READING ROSTERS AND
TWO-DEEP INFO ON A PHONE DURING THE GAME IS ALMOST USELESS.

1. Streamline the entrance procedures -- currently you wait in one line for security pat-down/bag check and then get your ticket scanned and it's all a 1:1 fan/employee ratio. Bag check/security check takes longer, so increase the number of those, and then funnel it down to the ticket takers since that is a quicker process. If there's 10 people to scan tickets, don't have 10 lines for security check, have 20 people checking security that way there is a more consistent flow.

2. Streamline concessions in two ways:
A. in-seat ordering. This helps alleviate some issues and would allow fans to get food/drinks without having to miss long periods of the games. It doesn't need to be delivered to seats and it doesn't even have to be all locations/all food + drink products, but if you can provide the basics at a few stands and have a dedicated pickup window, it'll ease the regular concession lines.

B. set the concession stands in more of a 'grab and go' way. This will take a bit of creativity with the layout of the stands, but if you ideally make the counter where the registers are now more of a grab and go situation that funnels to a few POS registers that are out in the concourse area, you can set-up a quicker process for fans and a less hectic/stressful process for the workers.

3. More marching band music -- there's a wide age range of fans coming to games, and I'm not saying to get rid of all of the piped in music entirely, but there's not enough of a focus on the marching band during the games -- and that's coming from a younger person.

Stop the piped in music in between EVERY play.

it’s a football game not a concert.

Now if the music has to stay turn it way down so it’s background noise not so loud you can’t talk to the person next to you…

Have the band at halftime face the home side of the stadium more than zero times.
Yes, the music stuff is a distraction. And cut the train whistle. We have a canon for goodness sake. I think a special platform needs to be erected for the canon.

I would get ride of the asinine policy with respect to "Homeland Security" all together.

Go study how the Somerset Patriots run their concessions and do that. Not having volunteers run the concessions.

The biggest thing is maybe beat a B1G team at home for the first time since Nov 2017? Coming up on 5 years now...
I had a conversation with a person in the Rutgers gameday experience office. They told me they will be making an announcement regarding the bussing issue. The other issue I brought up with him is the concessions. I emphasized they should team up with local restaurants and have them run a concession stand for the game or several games. The restaurant should be "rented" the space and should be in charge of service, food and ability to turn a profit. At the very minimum they should experiment with this concept. They should have a split between regular gameday fare(hamburgers, hotdogs, pretzels, popcorn, etc. and higher end options run by local restaurants. The split should be 60/40 regular gameday fare to higher end options. This ratio can change based on demand.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I had a conversation with a person in the Rutgers gameday experience office. They told me they will be making an announcement regarding the bussing issue. The other issue I brought up with him is the concessions. I emphasized they should team up with local restaurants and have them run a concession stand for the game or several games. The restaurant should be "rented" the space and should be in charge of service, food and ability to turn a profit. At the very minimum they should experiment with this concept. They should have a split between regular gameday fare(hamburgers, hotdogs, pretzels, popcorn, etc. and higher end options run by local restaurants. The split should be 60/40 regular gameday fare to higher end options. This ratio can change based on demand.
Another suggestion I put forth many years ago too.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
They'll need to install ATM's so that fans like Mr. TV can get plenty of singles.
To be serious on that (ATMs - not the other stuff lol), wouldn’t be surprised if we go totally cashless at some point.🤷‍♂️

Couch burnings.
Been to Morgantown for many RU games. But never actually witnessed a burn. I feel a little cheated.
Burning down the Couch

An interesting response to crack down
wvutailgating.jpg

Mic the band (like others do...you can hear it on TV), allow them more time to play...more college atmosphere...keep canned music, its exciting...just more balance
I agreel, all we see is the backs of the band and cannot hear the music.

Reactions: knightfan7
Honestly, there are so many things about the game day that are below average: The sound system, the concessions, the bag policies, no water fountains upstairs, the congestion at the gates, etc.

It’s not any one thing or another that are egregiously bad. It’s that almost nothing is done right.
Add to that the fact that they failed to arrange for the shuttle to take people to the stadium and back to the lot. There was over an hour's wait for the Knightengale service to take people back to the lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT