ADVERTISEMENT

Huge surprise portal news today?

Scangg

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2016
San Diego
Random Twitter user hearing huge portal surprise today saying fans are 50/50 on this player

Let the freak out commence 🤣

Tin foil hat time.... Is this the reason we are looking at taking BOTH Williams now with the second visiting soon? Is someone leaving?

Feel like the only player we are 50/50 on is Hyatt and I wouldn’t consider that a “huge portal surprise”. Also this guys got 0 followers 🤣🤣

Maybe quinnerly....if so that's just what the needed, I know some fans don't like him or whatever but that would be good news..

Does portal surprise have to mean someone entering the portal or could it mean a surprise signing out of the portal?

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
I mean I don’t think anyone would see Hyatt transferring out as a good thing. If he did our only wings to start the season would Griffiths and Chol with Mags injury.
Oh I agree. Don’t want there to be any truth to the rumor, but he does seem to most fit that “50/50” description as the most polarizing player on the roster

Reactions: Scangg
At what point are coaches game planning with kid’s class workload so players do NOT graduate before a season where they still have eligibility?
(I’m sure it’s already happening at some places).
Not that it can be fully controlled but I’m sure it can be limited.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
The tweet is not specifically stating a departure or arrival as the surprise......and it doesn't specifically say huge RU portal surprise, just a portal surprise......could be another school altogether.
Read the whole thread on Twitter, it's about Rutgers.

Someone asked if it could be Paul coming back (UW never officially announced him?)

Someone asked if it could be Paul coming back (UW never officially announced him?)

I’m sure it’s not that but the Tweet response to the question of good or bad news for RU supports that theory more than it does any RU player transferring out at this point in time. The only time a player transferring out could be viewed as potentially “good” news is if your making room for someone else. We have 3 open slots already so nobody’s departure could possibly be 50/50 good news. Right? What am I missing?

Oh I agree. Don’t want there to be any truth to the rumor, but he does seem to most fit that “50/50” description as the most polarizing player on the roster

If the question posed was “would this be a big loss for Rutgers?” then sure. The destription only matches Hyatt if that’s how NBA plays interpretted the question “Good or bad news for RU?”. See the difference?

Am I insane for thinking Paul coming back could actually happen?

He's been commenting on Rutgers stuff on Twitter (passing of the women's assistant coach, the Phil Sellers gofundme).

He never updated Twitter of him in a Rutgers jersey.

It was rumored he had a change of heart after entering the portal before he committed to UW

There's no announcement by UW of his transfer (but they've announced others).

The guy on Twitter who posted this today was the one who called Paul to the portal before it happened.

Yes, I'm insane. I think?

While I agree, it’s also true that Paul returning would be the only possible portal news that would, in fact, be met with a ~50/50 good/bad reaction from our fan base.

But yes, there’s a much greater possibility that the Tweet just makes no sense than there is of Paul returning.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
While I agree, it’s also true that Paul returning would be the only possible portal news that would, in fact, be met with a ~50/50 good/bad reaction from our fan base.

But yes, there’s a much greater possibility that the Tweet just makes no sense than there is of Paul returning.
Find me the 50 that think his coming back would be a negative. The assumption would have to be that he plays the 3 and maybe backs up the point - maybe his girlfriend has more power than we thought

The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF

Find me the 50 that think his coming back would be a negative. The assumption would have to be that he plays the 3 and maybe backs up the point - maybe his girlfriend has more power than we thought
Paul coming back now would be a negative. Whatever you think his contributions might be on the court, it would be a huge negative impact on team chemistry.

Reactions: RUTravesty

The fan reaction would be very mixed and justifiably so. There’s no other scenerio I can think of that would have a split reaction.

The fan reaction would be very mixed and justifiably so. There’s no other scenerio I can think of that would have a split reaction.
Yeah at this point there's no way half of us would think Hyatt leaving is a positive. For me Paul is the only one that fits that description.

I have a feeling we shouldn't be paying any attention to a guy with 2 followers on Twitter, but it seems almost too random to be made up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT