ADVERTISEMENT

Huge surprise portal news today?

Yeah at this point there's no way half of us would think Hyatt leaving is a positive. For me Paul is the only one that fits that description.

I have a feeling we shouldn't be paying any attention to a guy with 2 followers on Twitter, but it seems almost too random to be made up.
One of the followers is Richie.
@Richard Schnyderite are you hearing anything?

• Wow
Reactions: Scangg
The fan reaction would be very mixed and justifiably so. There’s no other scenerio I can think of that would have a split reaction.
Yeah it could go either way . At first, I was disappointed he entered the portal and decided to leave. But I came around to the idea the guy had a good run here and it ran its course. Could be better for both parties to move on.
It would be interesting

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Paul coming back now would be a negative. Whatever you think his contributions might be on the court, it would be a huge negative impact on team chemistry.
Pike is just way too smart to leave this to chance. If in the unlikely event he did come back, it would only be after Pike gets the pulse of the team on it. If it did happen, I would trust Pike’s decision and be confident it took team chemistry into account.

Pike is just way too smart to leave this to chance. If in the unlikely event he did come back, it would only be after Pike gets the pulse of the team on it. If it did happen, I would trust Pike’s decision and be confident it took team chemistry into account.
My thoughts exactly, I doubt this would happen, but i would be very happy if it did.

Maybe it's Chol.. And the fanbase being 50/50 means.. Some are optimistic on him being a future contributor, and some aren't so optimistic

I am going on Twitter at 930pm with some big news.

Now I need to sign up on Twitter

And make something juicy up
Yeah you could do that but in reality it doesn’t go down that way too often where something random likely this was completely made up.

Maybe it's Chol.. And the fanbase being 50/50 means.. Some are optimistic on him being a future contributor, and some aren't so optimistic
Chol leaving wouldn’t qualify as huge news one way or the other.

Hyatt leaving wouldn’t even be on the spectrum of good news this late. It also wouldn’t be hugely surprising. If Miller and Dean are getting significant money to play for midmajors so could Hyatt. He didn’t really owe us any loyalty. Unlike Cam, Pike benched him. He didn’t start and RU wasn’t his original school.

Last edited:

If by this you mean if Paul said he’d want to come back and before Pike said yes, he would survey the players, I think you are wrong.

It would be more likely the convo would be like this:

Paul says I made a mistake and UW is offering $250k but I want to come back. Is the $150k NIL still on the table and so Pike would need to check with a $$ person. I made up these numbers, but you get the idea.

Pike would not give up his authority on roster decisions to players.

• Haha
Reactions: MiloTalon13
Washington basketball has signed 5 basketball transfers this cycle and all 5 players were described in university press releases and their biographies were added promptly to the gohuskies.com website.

Same thing with Cam. UConn issued a press release announcing Cam's transfer and added Cam's bio to the team website.

However, Paul was neither mentioned in a Washington press release nor added to the website.

The report announcing Paul's move to Washington was written by a just-out-of-college kid working from his mom's house. The same kid produced the computer-generated image of Paul in a Washington uniform.

According to the Rutgers athletic department's website, Paul remains a Scarlet Knight. Then, who believes what the athletic department says or puts in writing? I don't. Scarletknights.com lists Cam, Paul, Jalen, Oskar, and Dean as Scarlet Knights basketball players today.

Washington basketball has signed 5 basketball transfers this cycle and all 5 players were described in university press releases and their biographies were added promptly to the gohuskies.com website.

Same thing with Cam. UConn issued a press release announcing Cam's transfer and added Cam's bio to the team website.

However, Paul was neither mentioned in a Washington press release nor added to the website.

The report announcing Paul's move to Washington was written by a just-out-of-college kid working from his mom's house. The same kid produced the computer-generated image of Paul in a Washington uniform.

According to the Rutgers athletic department's website, Paul remains a Scarlet Knight. Then, who believes what the athletic department says or puts in writing? I don't. Scarletknights.com lists Cam, Paul, Jalen, Oskar, and Dean as Scarlet Knights basketball players today.
Maybe he’s just gathering his family for an announcement or something. 😂

I heard a song on the radio today. The DJ played it backwards and it said, "Paul is Back".
Could this be true?
Just kidding!
Hope so.

• Haha
Reactions: runrutgersrun

For those looking at school websites as a tell please check out RU's on Scarletknights.com for an accurate read on ours ... not!

The transfer portal is closed except for grad transfers. So if it were Chol he’d be sitting out the entire season.

Reactions: jerzeyguy
It would be nice if Aaron breitman ever had some inside info to break
I was the first one to report Cam Spencer was entering the portal by a couple of minutes. And well before the recruiting sites in all due respect to them. And had a rapid reaction pod out and held a Spaces on Twitter with Ant Wright discussing the matter and adding context within the hour of the news breaking. And I broke the Paul news at the same time as everyone else did with a rapid reaction pod out first. Breaking news isn’t my actual goal as I’m not a reporter but am flattered you think I should be regularly. Appreciate you reading my stuff.

We're doing this again?
I thought after the "Mag is transferring- the sky is falling" insider reports and tweets, everyone realized to just wait for verified (or even official) reports.
Officially, according to the University of Washington sports department, Paul is not a Washington basketball player in 2023-2024. The #4 Huskies jersey Paul "wore" in an edited photo is already claimed by another player.

The University of Washington sports department is well-placed to know who is on their rosters and who isn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT