ADVERTISEMENT

I’m willing to give Greg one more season

Sorry but if Schiano is fired I think we're on the hook for full contract because unlike Ash he'll probably retire and not get a fb job to offset the payout. By the way I still think he has a shot at making football a success at RU and he'll help us get a new football facility. If you're a RU fan you would root for him.
I mostly agree with all that. I think he probably has no desire to coach college again and once his stint here is over, however it ends, he'll retire from CFB.

Although I could see him being persuaded to coach in the NFL as an defensive assistant, maybe, given enough money.

It will be sad, but I still have faith he can get it done. Going to need to see at least 6 wins next year. If you recall, there were many people on this board calling for his head the first go round as well. There were signs of improvement then and I see them now too, especially the defense. As I've stated more than once, if we had a decent QB, we likely would have won 6 games, possibly 7 this year and everyone would be happy. He needs to hit the portal hard for a good QB.
With a great QB we could've won 9 or 10. But Schiano never seems to produce those, either.

ADVERTISEMENT