ADVERTISEMENT

I’m willing to give Greg one more season

He will run out his contract at least. Depends on how Gavin develops for anything beyond that

Reactions: JRZEER
Let’s see who the OC hire is. If we go cheap, then a new HC won’t help. If we spend to get top talent and Greg still can’t get it done, that would be sad.

Let’s see who the OC hire is. If we go cheap, then a new HC won’t help. If we spend to get top talent and Greg still can’t get it done, that would be sad.
The second question about the OC is whether he has a modern offensive philosophy and if he'll be allowed to run a modern offense without interference. If he isn't, we"ll see the same leather helmet 1920's meathead bullshit we saw this year.

It doesn't matter who the OC hire is. Gary will put his dumb, stale fingerprints in it and we'll still stink.

I know the contract and dollars prevent this, but is there anyone who wouldn't fire Schiano if it was on the table?
Your pathetic cheese. You're like those dummy Michigan fans who were screaming to fire harbaugh from 2018-2020.

I wouldn't fire Greg.

Your so lost on program building.

Keep reciting the board narrative you know nothing about or what's actually true.

I’m willing to give Greg one more season. But another ugly 3-5 win year, with 2 or less B1G wins, and a feeble at best O… he’ll have to be let go.

Of course then the question becomes who can we get who’s any better, but I think we’ll have to take that chance.
The first part I'm with you, the second part, there are plenty of candidates. Let Hobbs do his job. Don't ask any other B1G ADs or head coaches or former head coaches give their recommendations. Let me and @rutgersguy1 advise the selection committee.

Your pathetic cheese. You're like those dummy Michigan fans who were screaming to fire harbaugh from 2018-2020.

I wouldn't fire Greg.

Your so lost on program building.

Keep reciting the board narrative you know nothing about or what's actually true.
You're*

Reactions: RU Cheese
One more year. If the product on the field is as bad as it was this year, I'll definitely be reducing my season tickets. We got laughed off the field by Maryland.... Not Ohio State, or Michigan, or Penn State.. Maryland.

Look from my perspective this was a 4 win team from the start of the season. Sadly they fulfilled that expectation but we did see some progress this year. If Greg can bring in a good OC and QB coach as well as some players in the portal and cleanup the mistakes and turnovers that killed us this season, next year can be a bowl year. After that, the B1G gets rid of divisions and the conference will be more balanced.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
He will run out his contract at least. Depends on how Gavin develops for anything beyond that
I don’t see it (the full eight) with continuing like this.
Look from my perspective this was a 4 win team from the start of the season. Sadly they fulfilled that expectation but we did see some progress this year. If Greg can bring in a good OC and QB coach as well as some players in the portal and cleanup the mistakes and turnovers that killed us this season, next year can be a bowl year. After that, the B1G gets rid of divisions and the conference will be more balanced.
That’s the hope.

Zipper schedule is what I’d like the best, but we’ll see.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I'm already keeping tabs on Mike Elko, Jersey native who already has Duke possibly winning 8 games in Year 1 if we have to fire Schiano 2.0 in a year or 2.

Reactions: mikemarc1
Can’t wait for the OP to write that check for the buyout if it doesn’t go well.
Don’t think anyone will need to “write a check” so to speak if it doesn’t go well. The AD will pay it because that’s the cost of business and will find the money. Whether it’s after year 4 or 5 if things don’t go well, I don’t know. The B10 tv deal is about to go up too next year.

Maybe next time don’t give out 8yr deals. Don’t follow the other lemming ADs going over financial cliffs.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Don’t think anyone will need to “write a check” so to speak if it doesn’t go well. The AD will pay it because that’s the cost of business and will find the money. Whether it’s after year 4 or 5 if things don’t go well, I don’t know. The B10 tv deal is about to go up too next year.

Maybe next time don’t give out 8yr deals. Don’t follow the other lemming ADs going over financial cliffs.
Every school gets the same money from B1G. The football schools can pay more because of the donors. The cost of doing business phrase is so misused.

Reactions: ru66
Every school gets the same money from B1G. The football schools can pay more because of the donors. The cost of doing business phrase is so misused.
What does that have to do with us paying the 12M or 9M needed to let GS go if necessary?

Yeah what's all that B1G money for anyway?

Hobbs has to find that money. Which means the earliest he can fire GS is year 6.
We found the money to fire Ash. He was owed 8.47M when he was fired and then 7.5M after the season completed.

I don’t even think we were getting a full share yet from the B10 at that time either. The B10 tv contract is about to go up next year and the money owed isn’t being paid as a lump sum either. It’s 12M or 9M over the life of the deal. I’m sure there are offsets for any future employment of GS too just like Ash. The money will likely be there if it’s necessary.

Year 4 or 5 can definitely be years he could be let go if he’s not .500 in regular season. I can’t tell you which year but either is possible.

We found the money to fire Ash. He was owed 8.47M when he was fired and then 7.5M after the season completed.

I don’t even think we were getting a full share yet from the B10 at that time either. The B10 tv contract is about to go up next year and the money owed isn’t being paid as a lump sum either. It’s 12M or 9M over the life of the deal. I’m sure there are offsets for any future employment of GS too just like Ash. The money will likely be there if it’s necessary.

Year 4 or 5 can definitely be years he could be let go if he’s not .500 in regular season. I can’t tell you which year but either is possible.
If Greg gets sacked by RU there will be no future employment for him. Just as he did in Tampa I believe he will live off his severance pay.

My guess is he gets 2-3 more years before being jettisoned by RU.

I am willing to throw two more years in before I start to see major issue.

I do have major issues.

1. No STC showed multiple times this year.

2. The insane number of penalties.

If NV was healthy all year we beat Iowa and Nebraska and it is a very different season and were looking at a bowl right now. We are so thin that we can afford no issues with players.

If that does not change that will be the reason Greg should not continue as head coach.

If Greg gets sacked by RU there will be no future employment for him. Just as he did in Tampa I believe he will live off his severance pay.

My guess is he gets 2-3 more years before being jettisoned by RU.
Are you saying as a HC?

It’s already over. GS is talking like someone who knows it is. He won’t but he should walk away on his own. He’s the school all time leader for wins is he not?
Lot of people said the same for JH. Maybe Hobbs should negotiate a pay cut to keep him.

Are you saying as a HC?
Doesn’t need to be a HC, any salary would be offset just like Ash when he went to Texas etc..regardless I’ve given the precedent that we found the money when it was necessary and that was with less B10 revenue.

Is it next year or year 5, I don’t know but 4 straight and definitely 5 straight below .500 regular seasons isn’t a good place to be for job security.

Lot of people said the same for JH. Maybe Hobbs should negotiate a pay cut to keep him.
With all due respect to Schiano, Harbaugh’s track record is just a teeny bit better than GS’, wouldn’t you say? Lol. Maybe the fact that he, I don’t know, coached a team to a super bowl bought him some benefit of the doubt. Also he was struggling to beat Ohio state, not struggling to score a single TD vs Minnesota and Maryland.

Reactions: BossNJ and RUShea
With all due respect to Schiano, Harbaugh’s track record is just a teeny bit better than GS’, wouldn’t you say? Lol. Maybe the fact that he, I don’t know, coached a team to a super bowl bought him some benefit of the doubt, wouldn’t you say?
Same could be said about expectations at Rutgers vs Michigan. Michigan fans didn’t care if he won a SB in the beginning

Just to make sure my reading comprehension isn't wrong, are people really saying "if Noah Vedral wasn't hurt..." as a reason to defend what Gary did this year???

It’s already over. GS is talking like someone who knows it is. He won’t but he should walk away on his own. He’s the school all time leader for wins is he not?
I've actually said this privately to people since last season. I don't think he is mentally in it like he was the first time. Probably comes with age and having plenty of money. At some point you decide you don't need the headaches.

Plus he isn't a bull in a china shop this time around, getting whatever he wants from an AD. The AD hates him.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
I've actually said this privately to people since last season. I don't think he is mentally in it like he was the first time. Probably comes with age and having plenty of money. At some point you decide you don't need the headaches.

Plus he isn't a bull in a china shop this time around, getting whatever he wants from an AD. The AD hates him.
And now he has to start over with an entire new OC. I personally wouldn’t want to do that at 55 years old with millions in the bank.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT