ADVERTISEMENT

I see Rutgers playing in the Rose Bowl within 5 Years

2023, plateau year, 4-8 to 6-6
2024, plateau year, 4-8 to 6-6
2025, 6-6, Pinstripe Bowl

(Football Fieldhouse Opens)

2026, 7-5, Outback Bowl
2027, 10-2, Rose Bowl
Surprised at your multiple plateau years. You’re usually more optimistic. If this holds true I may just give up on Rutgers football. I’m expecting more, sooner.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I see dead people.
the sixth sense i see dead people GIF

Reactions: mildone
If conference goes to 3-5-5 format - then we are guaranteed a Rose Bowl ( playing at UCLA) appearance every 4 years!

Thus with UCLA joining conference in 2024, we will play a game at the Rose Bowl by 2027 !

Last edited:
2023, plateau year, 4-8 to 6-6
2024, plateau year, 4-8 to 6-6
2025, 6-6, Pinstripe Bowl

(Football Fieldhouse Opens)

2026, 7-5, Outback Bowl
2027, 10-2, Rose Bowl
So you think a 5 year record of 24-34 best case or 20-38 worst case is acceptable?

Last edited:
So you think a 5 year record of 24-34 best case and 20-38 is acceptable?

For the context of our situation, yes. This is a big job which requires 8 years of effort if the status quo is maintained. Things can be accelerated if our fanbase supports NIL, and the football fieldhouse is built.

You have very low standards.

Defensive Rankings (conference games only)
Scoring Defense 13th
Total Defense 12th
Rushing Defense 11th
Passing Defense 8th

To what extent is that a product of the of the offensive woes putting the defense on the field longer than most other B1G defenses?

Reactions: rutgersal
For the context of our situation, yes. This is a big job which requires 8 years of effort if the status quo is maintained. Things can be accelerated if our fanbase supports NIL, and the football fieldhouse is built.
This is 2023 not 2003. It doesn't take 5 years let alone 8 years to turn over a roster. The portal has accelerated the process so much. The field house is won't have a huge impact. Schools open/renovate facilities all the time. It not going to produce a huge surge in recruiting. Even if it open for the 2025 season likely any impact won't be felt until the 26/27 class.

Reactions: 4382 and RUTGERS95
To what extent is that a product of the of the offensive woes putting the defense on the field longer than most other B1G defenses?
Rutgers was 5th in number of plays on defense. So 9 other conference teams were on the field for more plays than Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT