ADVERTISEMENT

I see Rutgers playing in the Rose Bowl within 5 Years

It's not "can do." It's excuses for bad coaching and worse, blaming US, the fans for not giving enough money instead of the highly paid coach.

Sorry that facts bother you, but the biggest reason Rutgers Football isn’t at the level it should be is that fans haven’t provided enough support. This is the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

Our level of giving is towards the bottom of the big ten. Our revenue is towards the bottom of the Big Ten. Recruits aren’t fools. They see the clear difference when they visit Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and then Rutgers.

Honestly, if I took my scarlet glasses off, there’s no way I could choose Rutgers over the aforementioned programs. Everybody was unanimous in wanting to join the Big Ten, but support hasn’t followed.

This is what Jim Delaney has to say:

“Rutgers is hundreds of millions of dollars behind other Big Ten institutions in (its) developmental process,” Delany said. “It’s pretty darn obvious to me that — what’s the right word for it? — there is not an appreciation for what Rutgers has had and what others have not had as history unfolded. Philanthropically, it has to be addressed in development and support.

And their fans are going to have to come together and act like Big Ten fans — support, give — because you just can’t show up when the team is 8-2. The state must come together. I think that it’s clear (Rutgers) doesn’t have the support that exists in other places in the Big Ten. And that’s tough.”

Rutgers has changed in the 10 years since accepting the Big Ten’s invitation. But it still doesn’t have the mega-donors willing to fire off the seven-digit checks or the overall donor base to rival its more-successful conference peers.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Sorry that facts bother you, but the biggest reason Rutgers Football isn’t at the level it should be is that fans haven’t provided enough support. This is the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

Our level of giving is towards the bottom of the big ten. Our revenue is towards the bottom of the Big Ten. Recruits aren’t fools. They see the clear difference when they visit Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and then Rutgers.

Honestly, if I took my scarlet glasses off, there’s no way I could choose Rutgers over the aforementioned programs. Everybody was unanimous in wanting to join the Big Ten, but support hasn’t followed.

This is what Jim Delaney has to say:

“Rutgers is hundreds of millions of dollars behind other Big Ten institutions in (its) developmental process,” Delany said. “It’s pretty darn obvious to me that — what’s the right word for it? — there is not an appreciation for what Rutgers has had and what others have not had as history unfolded. Philanthropically, it has to be addressed in development and support.

And their fans are going to have to come together and act like Big Ten fans — support, give — because you just can’t show up when the team is 8-2. The state must come together. I think that it’s clear (Rutgers) doesn’t have the support that exists in other places in the Big Ten. And that’s tough.”

Rutgers has changed in the 10 years since accepting the Big Ten’s invitation. But it still doesn’t have the mega-donors willing to fire off the seven-digit checks or the overall donor base to rival its more-successful conference peers.

We get it that you believe this. You've said it 100 times. Repeat: you don't need boatloads of money to score on Maryland. Simply score. That's a failure of coaching. And once again you're contradicting yourself. We have great talent but we don't have good enough talent to score on Maryland. Which is it?

Reactions: Knight Shift
We get it that you believe this. You've said it 100 times. Repeat: you don't need boatloads of money to score on Maryland. Simply score. That's a failure of coaching. And once again you're contradicting yourself. We have great talent but we don't have good enough talent to score on Maryland. Which is it?

We are a work in progress and continue to get better every day.

It was not a failure of coaching. It was a failure of not having enough talent and quality depth, which is why players were fatigued and exhausted. We ran out of gas during the 2nd half of the Penn State game.

We scored against Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State, and you really think we couldn’t score against Maryland?? Put Maryland on the front end of our schedule and we score on them. This year we will score on them. I’m not worried about scoring on Maryland.

I’m worried about how do we increase support to the football program, the 800 lb gorilla you continue to ignore, but the root cause of our issues.

We are a work in progress and continue to get better every day.

It was not a failure of coaching. It was a failure of not having enough talent and quality depth, which is why players were fatigued and exhausted. We ran out of gas during the 2nd half of the Penn State game.

We scored against Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State, and you really think we couldn’t score against Maryland?? Put Maryland on the front end of our schedule and we score on them. This year we will score on them. I’m not worried about scoring on Maryland.

I’m worried about how do we increase support to the football program, the 800 lb gorilla you continue to ignore, but the root cause of our issues.
Then that's a Strength and Conditioning issue, which is coaching. You're intent on giving the coaches a free pass, especially Schiano. How much money does Schiano need to beat Temple? Do they have better facilities, too?

Then that's a Strength and Conditioning issue, which is coaching. You're intent on giving the coaches a free pass, especially Schiano. How much money does Schiano need to beat Temple? Do they have better facilities, too?

Schiano beat Temple and Boston College.

It’s a coaching issue when you have enough talent. How many successful teams do you know of with quarterbacks who have trouble throwing, wide receivers that can’t catch, and OLs which don’t block? Schiano is fixing the talent issue, especially with the ‘24 monster class we have coming in. Need one more year after that and our talent issues will be fixed.

This thread is 10 pages long?

For the love of god, both of ya’ll need a girlfriend/boyfriend. Real games won’t start for 4 months, what are you going back and forth about?

Al, ease up on blowing Schiano

This thread is 10 pages long?

For the love of god, both of ya’ll need a girlfriend/boyfriend. Real games won’t start for 4 months, what are you going back and forth about?

Al, ease up on blowing Schiano

Keep your perverted comments to yourself. We’re discussing Rutgers Football in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: fluoxetine
we-did-it-balloons.gif

Looks like Al was finally right! We play in the Rose Bowl in 2025.

now you've done it.
We already have one poster constantly reminding us about the one time he was right driving every other TKR members plum crazy
Now you're giving Al the right to act like Carnac the Magnificent every chance he gets
I hope you are satisfied
🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Haha
Reactions: Section124
This is only going to encourage “we want UGA and Bama” threads from delusionAL

2023, plateau year, 4-8 to 6-6
2024, plateau year, 4-8 to 6-6
2025, 6-6, Pinstripe Bowl

(Football Fieldhouse Opens)

2026, 7-5, Outback Bowl
2027, 10-2, Rose Bowl
What year does RU play at UCLA?

now you've done it.
We already have one poster constantly reminding us about the one time he was right driving every other TKR members plum crazy
Now you're giving Al the right to act like Carnac the Magnificent every chance he gets
I hope you are satisfied
🤬🤬🤬🤬
Al the comedian makes us all chuckle at his foolishness.
Craves the attention I guess.

Reactions: brgRC90
Yep 100%. Hobbs pulls the plug after 2024 if Schiano 2.0 goes 4-8 or worse the next 2 years and hires an offense first HC.
He have the toughest schedule we have EVER had in my opinion keeping the BIG 4 from the BIG east, dropping Indiana & adding UCLA! Plus a road game at VT. I was really looking forward to an easier 24’ being the starting point but man oh man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT