ADVERTISEMENT

I see Rutgers playing in the Rose Bowl within 5 Years

You’re missing the point. the Fieldhouse , would improve our ability to recruit receivers who are able to get separation, quarterbacks who are able to throw accurately, and OL who can block.
Obviously you think that yet we've had WRs who were good in the past without having a fieldhouse for recruiting.

I find it surprisingly entertaining to watch Al going all tough guy.
He's amazingly sure of his opinions despite his current losing streak of 97 predicted upsets that have not come to pass. Sheer randomness and numbers suggest he'd be right at least once in all those games, yet, he wasn't.

This thread is actually still active and relevant? Un-friggin belieeable . If Rutgers makes the Rose Bowl....and for the actual Rose Bowl game and not visiting on a tourist group or playing a regular season game in CA, Al will then be considered a mutated genius of sorts. Yay Al???

Obviously you think that yet we've had WRs who were good in the past without having a fieldhouse for recruiting.

Competition has increased for recruits, now that we’re in the Big Ten. Most the Rivals 2023 Top 20 NJ kids going elsewhere are choosing programs with much better facilities. Texas A&M, Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Illinois, and Iowa are among them. That’s hardly coincidental.

We landed 4 out of the Rivals Top 20 recruits. 1 out of the Rivals Top 10. It is difficult for us to land Bergen County kids, of which we landed zero. Without Florida and NYC kids, our class would be dead in the water.

All our peers have incredible facilities and we need the same if we are to successfully compete with the best for recruits.

Competition has increased for recruits, now that we’re in the Big Ten. Most the Rivals 2023 Top 20 NJ kids going elsewhere are choosing programs with much better facilities. Texas A&M, Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Illinois, and Iowa are among them. That’s hardly coincidental.

We landed 4 out of the Rivals Top 20 recruits. 1 out of the Rivals Top 10. It is difficult for us to land Bergen County kids, of which we landed zero. Without Florida and NYC kids, our class would be dead in the water.

All our peers have incredible facilities and we need the same if we are to successfully compete with the best for recruits.
Ok, with what you just stated, how are we going to make the Rose Bowl in 5 years? I'll be very happy if we beat any of the following within 5 years: Penn St., Ohio St. or Mich.

Ok, with what you just stated, how are we going to make the Rose Bowl in 5 years? I'll be very happy if we beat any of the following within 5 years: Penn St., Ohio St. or Mich.

When we develop enough 2 and 3 star recruits into 4 and 5 star football players, we will beat the aforementioned, with Penn State most likely the first to fall. I believe this will take 3 years. Look at Isiaiah Pacheco. 3 star recruit who worked hard and is now on top of the world. Need more kids like him. Want success sooner? More people have to give to NIL.

They're going to teams with better play on the field.

I guess this proves my point that Rutgers and most fans are only interested in those Bergen Schools while there’s PLENTY of D1, FBS, P5, B10 talent in public schools, down the shore, in the 295/130 region, AC region, in the cities, etc etc etc.

When we develop enough 2 and 3 star recruits into 4 and 5 star football players, we will beat the aforementioned, with Penn State most likely the first to fall. I believe this will take 3 years. Look at Isiaiah Pacheco. 3 star recruit who worked hard and is now on top of the world. Need more kids like him. Want success sooner? More people have to give to NIL.

Well Al, I have to agree with most of your first sentence. Greg/staff have to be be able to recognize potential talent (mainly 3 star players) and be able to DEVELOP them into players that the NFL would want to draft. However, I don't think Penn State would be the first to fall.

At this juncture, I am not convinced that Greg has the staff in place to accomplish what you are proposing although I would give him a couple of more years to prove himself.

A Rose Bowl game in 5 years is a bit much. How about the Pinstripe Bowl in 3 years.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: dconifer
Pacheco us in top of the world now because he's on a team with high level offensive coaches. He wasn't anywhere near the player he is now at RU. It's hard to fathom that Andy Reid and the parade of post-Friedgen OCs that have presided over the offensive ineptitude we've seen for the last several years are even in the same profession, let alone coaching the same sport.

They're going to teams with better play on the field.

They’re going to programs which provide a Cadillac College Football Experience for 4 years, thanks to their fans which have provided the support to hire the best coaches and build the best facilities, which is why they have better play on the field.

This thread is actually still active and relevant? Un-friggin belieeable . If Rutgers makes the Rose Bowl....and for the actual Rose Bowl game and not visiting on a tourist group or playing a regular season game in CA, Al will then be considered a mutated genius of sorts. Yay Al???

If you do a search you can see he has been making these predictions of national championships since 2016 at least

Pacheco us in top of the world now because he's on a team with high level offensive coaches. He wasn't anywhere near the player he is now at RU. It's hard to fathom that Andy Reid and the parade of post-Friedgen OCs that have presided over the offensive ineptitude we've seen for the last several years are even in the same profession, let alone coaching the same sport.

Not many plays are going to work if your OL doesn’t block effectively. It’s takes time to build a physically dominant Big Ten OL, which is something we’ve never had, but are on track to build.

They’re going to programs which provide a Cadillac College Football Experience for 4 years, thanks to their fans which have provided the support to hire the best coaches and build the best facilities, which is why they have better play on the field.
I believe most recruits will go to a school where they believe they a have chance to play and develop their talent hoping to be drafted by the NFL.

You will have the chance to get a very good 3 star who may not want to go to a school with multiple 5/4 stars at his position.

The football facilities have to be good/adequate.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Yet lots of programs with facilities no better or worse than ours do more. Repeat: you don't need a fieldhouse to get talent enough to score on Maryland. That's a failure of coaching.

Well there's the rub, you want us to develop 2 and 3 stars recruits to what our competition already has with the number of 4 and 5 star recruits and have multiple 4 stars already at the skilled position. How much better does a 4/5 star develops than a 2/3 star? And Pacheco, did we really use him here to his potential or did the KC coaches recognize something in year 1 which Schiano and staff couldn't recognize in 4 years?

I was all in for Schiano,but now willing to give him 2 more years to see if we are respectable and not get blown out when we play any team with a pulse. I think 6/7 years is more than enough time to change the ship.

Well Al, I have to agree with most of your first sentence. Greg/staff have to be be able to recognize potential talent (mainly 3 star players) and be able to DEVELOP them into players that the NFL would want to draft. However, I don't think Penn State would be the first to fall.

At this juncture, I am not convinced that Greg has the staff in place to accomplish what you are proposing although I would give him a couple of more years to prove himself.

A Rose Bowl game in 5 years is a bit much. How about the Pinstripe Bowl in 3 years.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Rutgers went to the Gator Bowl in year two of the G2 era.
So the pinstripe in 5 can be a pit cat hope.
Most RU fans here would prefer somewhere else, but if that's all there is, Yankee Stadium will see RU playing there

Rutgers going to the Rose in year 5 of G2 is a nice dream but maybe the Music City Bowl would be more realistic ( but not impossible) reward for a winning season
The Duke Mayo Bowl also might be nice in 5 against a SEC program that qualifies (Tennessee might hit the spot)
Can't say if the ACC will be around to provide a Mayo opponent for RU in 5 years. So Pitt might have a new home, maybe being part of the Vitamin Conference could be in Pitt's future.🤔
But the Rose in 5 is a great dream for the optimistic RU FB fan and shouldn't be put down
I'm thinking 6 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgersal
Yet lots of programs with facilities no better or worse than ours do more. Repeat: you don't need a fieldhouse to get talent enough to score on Maryland. That's a failure of coaching.

We don’t compete with lots of programs. We compete with Big Ten Programs, and nearly everyone has better facilities than we do.

Our goal isn’t to score on Maryland. Our goal is to win a National Championship. As we improve the talent, and our fundamentals, we will be able to score on anyone. Last year was our nadir. It’s all downhill from here.

Well there's the rub, you want us to develop 2 and 3 stars recruits to what our competition already has with the number of 4 and 5 star recruits and have multiple 4 stars already at the skilled position. How much better does a 4/5 star develops than a 2/3 star? And Pacheco, did we really use him here to his potential or did the KC coaches recognize something in year 1 which Schiano and staff couldn't recognize in 4 years?

I was all in for Schiano,but now willing to give him 2 more years to see if we are respectable and not get blown out when we play any team with a pulse. I think 6/7 years is more than enough time to change the ship.

We have to work with what we have, not what we wish we had. The fact of the matter is our classes are filled with 2 and 3 stars because our program lacks a tradition of success, facilities, and stadium environment isn’t great. It is difficult for us to compete for recruits that have choices. Of course we want 4 and 5 stars. But our current value proposition is too weak to land them. Need a new Fieldhouse. Need to win. And need to get better each year. The program isn’t going to build itself. People have to help build the program via NIL.

We don’t compete with lots of programs. We compete with Big Ten Programs, and nearly everyone has better facilities than we do.

Our goal isn’t to score on Maryland. Our goal is to win a National Championship. As we improve the talent, and our fundamentals, we will be able to score on anyone. Last year was our nadir. It’s all downhill from here.
Repeat: you don't need a fieldhouse to recruit talent good enough to score on Maryland. Inability to do so is a failure of coaching, not lack of money and glitzy facilities.

We have to work with what we have, not what we wish we had. The fact of the matter is our classes are filled with 2 and 3 stars because our program lacks a tradition of success, facilities, and stadium environment isn’t great. It is difficult for us to compete for recruits that have choices. Of course we want 4 and 5 stars. But our current value proposition is too weak to land them. Need a new Fieldhouse. Need to win. And need to get better each year. The program isn’t going to build itself. People have to help build the program via NIL.

I'm sorry, based on your reasoning here, how are we going to win the Rose Bowl in 5 yrs? Your contradicting yourself here.

I'm sorry, based on your reasoning here, how are we going to win the Rose Bowl in 5 yrs? Your contradicting yourself here.
R.c0de30094c86b66f941469483a9e3986

I guess this proves my point that Rutgers and most fans are only interested in those Bergen Schools while there’s PLENTY of D1, FBS, P5, B10 talent in public schools, down the shore, in the 295/130 region, AC region, in the cities, etc etc etc.

To be successful, we have to get our share from the north Jersey parochials. It’s not a coincidence that some of our best talent came from there, like Carroo, Teel, and Sam Johnson. Have to protect home base and should be getting at least 10 of the roughly 25 recruits from New Jersey. We’ve been doing reasonably well in South Jersey. It’s north jersey where we’ve struggled.

I believe most recruits will go to a school where they believe they a have chance to play and develop their talent hoping to be drafted by the NFL.

You will have the chance to get a very good 3 star who may not want to go to a school with multiple 5/4 stars at his position.

The football facilities have to be good/adequate.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Our classes are mostly 3 stars with some 2 stars and at times 4 stars mixed in. The new football facility is being designed.

Rutgers went to the Gator Bowl in year two of the G2 era.
So the pinstripe in 5 can be a pit cat hope.
Most RU fans here would prefer somewhere else, but if that's all there is, Yankee Stadium will see RU playing there

Rutgers going to the Rose in year 5 of G2 is a nice dream but maybe the Music City Bowl would be more realistic ( but not impossible) reward for a winning season
The Duke Mayo Bowl also might be nice in 5 against a SEC program that qualifies (Tennessee might hit the spot)
Can't say if the ACC will be around to provide a Mayo opponent for RU in 5 years. So Pitt might have a new home, maybe being part of the Vitamin Conference could be in Pitt's future.🤔
But the Rose in 5 is a great dream for the optimistic RU FB fan and shouldn't be put down
I'm thinking 6 😁

The Gator Bowl was a nice Bowl.

Texas A&M was supposed to play Wake Forest but had to back out because they had too many Covid 19 cases on their team. Therefore, 5-7 teams were allowed to enter and Rutgers got priority based on Academic Progress Rate.

Would love to play Rutgers in a Bowl (even Pinstripe) or in an OOC game.

Not really concerned about the ACC.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Our classes are mostly 3 stars with some 2 stars and at times 4 stars mixed in. The new football facility is being designed.

Pitt's recruiting classes are also mostly 3 star recruits so it is is possible to become a Top 25 Team and place recruits in the NFL with player development.

Greg/Staff have to prove they can achieve it in the next few years.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: tico brown
The Gator Bowl was a nice Bowl.

Texas A&M was supposed to play Wake Forest but had to back out because they had too many Covid 19 cases on their team. Therefore, 5-7 teams were allowed to enter and Rutgers got priority based on Academic Progress Rate.

Would love to play Rutgers in a Bowl (even Pinstripe) or in an OOC game.

Not really concerned about the ACC.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Our goal this year is the Pinstripe, and would love to play Pitt, Syracuse, BC, or even Miami.

If we can squeeze out 6 wins somehow, it’ll probably happen. One of my favorite road-trips was Pitt 2006, where I stayed at the Hilton Pittsburgh, and met a Pitt Great Safety at the hotel bar, who played for the 49ers and won a Super Bowl in the 80’s. Totally classy guy.

Last edited:
Pitt's recruiting classes are also mostly 3 star recruits so it is is possible to become a Top 25 Team and place recruits in the NFL with player development.

Greg/Staff has to prove he can achieve it.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Yeah, Pitt and Rutgers more or less go after the same type of player. We just got a commitment from a really good 3 star TE prospect. Greg is going to get it done, though it might take some time.

Our goal this year is the Pinstripe, and would love to play Pitt, Syracuse, BC, or even Miami.

If we can squeeze out 6 wins somehow, it’ll probably happen. One of my favorite road-trips was Pitt 2006, where I said at the Hilton Pittsburgh, and met a Pitt Great Safety at the hotel bar, who played for the 49ers and won a Super Bowl in the 80’s.
2006 was a magical year for Rutgers who went 11-2.

I also was at Heinz Field that year when Pitt lost to Rutgers 20-10.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

• Love
Reactions: rutgersal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT