ADVERTISEMENT

I see Rutgers playing in the Rose Bowl within 5 Years

None of the 250 words and 1484 characters used in that reply make any sense. Specifically the last paragraph. So you think the fact that we are paying someone 40% above fair market value is a sign of advancement in the program? Ciarrocca was not 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th choice. If he was a primary target he would have been here 40 days earlier. Paying up is not a sign of success in a program. It actually may be a sign of the opposite.

It actually makes more sense to pay more for coaches and recruiting contacts in a rebuild than in an established program for all the reasons you state above. Outside of Fran brown no one on that first staff O or D warranted their paycheck. Fran brown is not being paid because he is a great teacher of the game. He is being paid because he is a lights out recruiter. As others have said many programs do a helluva lot more with less. Schiano chose to blow up his assistants budget in the wrong way. Gleeson,aurich, Nunz,Augie, underwood were not paid poorly. They were all paid above value actually. The issue is there was no one with real experience and it showed.

Ciarocca would have been here 40 days earlier if they offered him 1.4 M 40 days earlier. Paying up for a coach, who has demonstrated success in the Big Ten, and who can fix our issues on offense is priceless. That’s the only thing that matters. Paying Gleeson $1M was a waste because he wasn’t up to the task.

The prior assistants were compensated handsomely, and while they are no longer with us, their efforts brought us to where we are today as a program, and that’s something no one can ever take away from them. The defense has a plethora of talent and depth. Offense needs more talent, but showed promise. Nevertheless, we are light years ahead of where we were three years ago, though there is still a long way to go. It’s is gratifying to see that things are coming together and that we are on the right track.

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers56
I suggest you go fk yourself. Don’t tell me what to do.
You say the exact same stuff over and over and over again all while ignoring the evidence right in front of your face that things are not going well. Sorry if some of us lose patience in your attention-seeking act. It’s a joke…not just here, but across the fanbases of the college football landscape.

You say the exact same stuff over and over and over again all while ignoring the evidence right in front of your face that things are not going well. Sorry if some of us lose patience in your attention-seeking act. It’s a joke…not just here, but across the fanbases of the college football landscape.

Jokes on you for being clueless as to where the football program stands. I went to the spring game today, and the evidence in front of me showed significant progress. We are deeper and more talented across the board
though the quarterbacks did struggle thanks to the weather conditions. Nevertheless, I feel optimistic that This year is going to be a lot more fun, than previous years.

• Haha
You’ve got to walk before you can run, and yes, the next milestone is to get to 6 or 7 wins. Now if we can get a group of us to donate 10K to to NIL, we can recruit a WR1, so that we would have a better chance, against big boys. Talent is what is lacking, but we are quickly closing the gap.

Teams beat big boys because someone writes a big check. Posting on a message board does nothing.
You missed the point: the type of team that will get to mediocrity is not the type of team that will ever get past it. You don't build one type of team and then try to build a completely different one once you can win 6 games. Schiano, in fact, is only capable of building one type of team and it's the type that doesn't win much in the 2020s. That's the problem.

Reactions: RUDivision
Nevertheless, I feel optimistic that This year is going to be a lot more fun, than previous years.
Your track record on predictions is .0000001%. Can't say I'm optimistic based on your prediction, to put it mildly....

Al you wrote this 9/1/22:

For the last 8 years, we've been knashing our teeth in college football's abyss. That changes this year. We are going to compete. I don't even care what the record is, the only charge is to get better each and every game. But I really do think there is enough talent to beat everyone, save Ohio State. And if our OL can jell by game 5, we might even be able to give them a run.

If there was enough talent to beat everyone but Ohio State last season why does Schiano need two more years to get to a bowl game? Why is now not having a field house an issue?

For the last 8 years, we've been knashing our teeth in college football's abyss. That changes this year. We are going to compete. I don't even care what the record is, the only charge is to get better each and every game. But I really do think there is enough talent to beat everyone, save Ohio State. And if our OL can jell by game 5, we might even be able to give them a run.

If there was enough talent to beat everyone but Ohio State last season why does Schiano need two more years to get to a bowl game? Why is now not having a field house an issue?

When we lost our starting quarterback and starting tight end, all our best laid plans went to pot, as we had two green quarterbacks learning on the fly. Last years WR starters are currently in NFL training camps as UDFA’s and we are currently working to replenish the talent.

• Haha
When we lost our starting quarterback and starting tight end, all our best laid plans went to pot, as we had two green quarterbacks learning on the fly. Last years WR starters are currently in NFL training camps as UDFA’s and we are currently working to replenish the talent.

So we had adequate talent but now it's all gone?
That starting QB (Vedral) and those WRs were always going to ge gone. Expectations would be that we've recruited adequate (and likely better) talent to replace them.

Schiano can't win because he doesn't have enough talent because he doesn't have a fieldhouse and enough money--BUT he has as much talent as everyone except Ohio State. AlWorld.

That starting QB (Vedral) and those WRs were always going to ge gone. Expectations would be that we've recruited adequate (and likely better) talent to replace them.
Wasn't recruiting the big reason Nunzio and Hoffman were hired? It appears that the bounty of talent from the NJ parochial schools they were supposed to acquire didn't make it to RU.

Exactly. Don’t recall exactly, but wasn’t Gleeson something like the 3rd or 4th highest paid coordinator in the country at the time he signed his contract?
That was money well spent. Too bad RU didn't have a fieldhouse. Maybe that would have improved the plàycalling, blocking, and QB play. 😁

Reactions: brgRC90
You missed the point: the type of team that will get to mediocrity is not the type of team that will ever get past it. You don't build one type of team and then try to build a completely different one once you can win 6 games. Schiano, in fact, is only capable of building one type of team and it's the type that doesn't win much in the 2020s. That's the problem.

Complete nonsense. There is a progression involved here. Rutgers was mediocre in 2003, 2004, and 2005, before breaking out with a stellar 10-2 season in 2006. We will likely follow a similar type of trajectory.

• Haha
That was money well spent. Too bad RU didn't have a fieldhouse. Maybe that would have improved the plàycalling, blocking, and QB play. 😁

The Fieldhouse would have attracted better OL, which would have ensured better blocking, and ultimately QB play.

Talent varies from year to year because kids graduate. Your expectation was based on an assumption which was incorrect.

Hurry up! I’m running 🏃‍♀️ out of life. At least I saw the 1961 undefeated season and all of Schiano 1.0

Complete nonsense. There is a progression involved here. Rutgers was mediocre in 2003, 2004, and 2005, before breaking out with a stellar 10-2 season in 2006. We will likely follow a similar type of trajectory.
You still missed the point. Al, you're not Vince Lombardi or John Madden. Just because you have loud opinions and strong convictions doesn't mean they're even close to accurate. You predict upsets every game and you're always wrong. You're the least knowledgeable/accurate person on the board.

We need that magic fieldhouse! WRs would get separation. And mahogany-paneled walls in the football players lounge couldn't hurt.

You still missed the point. Al, you're not Vince Lombardi or John Madden. Just because you have loud opinions and strong convictions doesn't mean they're even close to accurate. You predict upsets every game and you're always wrong. You're the least knowledgeable/accurate person on the board.
But, but he breaks down game film, Lol.

We need that magic fieldhouse! WRs would get separation. And mahogany-paneled walls in the football players lounge couldn't hurt.

You’re missing the point. the Fieldhouse , would improve our ability to recruit receivers who are able to get separation, quarterbacks who are able to throw accurately, and OL who can block.

You’re missing the point. the Fieldhouse , would improve our ability to recruit receivers who are able to get separation, quarterbacks who are able to throw accurately, and OL who can block.
I don't agree with everything that Al has said in this thread, but I will say that in my opinion, Maryland's Jones-Hill House (aka the former Cole Field House) really has helped attract players...

Last edited:
The Fieldhouse would have attracted better OL, which would have ensured better blocking, and ultimately QB play.
What happened to the aircraft carriers from last year? What could be better than an aircraft carrier that the fieldhouse would have drawn? You raved "biggest, strongest, and most athletic Offensive Linemen" are you saying that you have no clue what you are talking about?

It all starts up front with the biggest, strongest, and most athletic Offensive Linemen we've ever fielded, courtesy of the portal. These guys are not only big, but they are agile, NASTY, and they can run. I'm particularly impressed with our Guards, who are a HUGE upgrade over those who previously played the position. These guys are so huge, I think we have 5 AIRCRAFT CARRIERS on the offensive line.

You would think a well coached team that has talent to beat anyone outside of Ohio State could go better than 1-8 in the Big 10. I mean losing an average qb Vedral with an future star as you called him in Wimsatt could at least win more than one game and not get shut out twice. Wimsatt was not a true freshmen. He had previous playing time and spring ball.

According to you: "Thanks to transfers, Rutgers WR corp is the deepest, and most talented Rutgers history." You would think with all that depth you would just reload. Even average p5 starters get UDFA training camp invites. That shouldn't be to hard to replace.

Pretty sad when a nut from Penn State feels the need to try and put down the most optimistic RU message board fan of all time.
But it might be the fear of what that Nit Nut posted to put RUAl down will become true and Al's dream of Rutgers being equal to or better better than the Happy Valley People will become a fact and a NIT Nut nightmare .

To overcome a losing mentality, one must think like a winner.
Rutgers Al thinks like a winner and isn't afraid to show a winning attitude on this board.

I haven’t read a single entry in this thread. Has rutgersal predicted our first victory over Ohio State? I told my offspring I expect to expire the night before we beat Ohio State or win a national title in hoops.

I haven’t read a single entry in this thread. Has rutgersal predicted our first victory over Ohio State? I told my offspring I expect to expire the night before we beat Ohio State or win a national title in hoops.
my understanding the prediction went like this

Wouldn't it be great if rutgersal joined the transfer portal?
Ya know, like transfer to Colorado.:WooHoo:

If I joined the transfer portal, this board would suck because posters like you have never shared anything particularly intelligent or noteworthy. The next time you bring something to the table will be your first.

A real OL and QB coach would have done the same thing.

A real OL and QB Coach need raw material to work with. Now at least hey have it. But I would prefer to have 4 and 5 stars, rather than the two and three stars we usually get.

If I joined the transfer portal, this board would suck because posters like you have never shared anything particularly intelligent or noteworthy. The next time you bring something to the table will be your first.
You are a phony and a fraud - how's that for noteworthy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT