ADVERTISEMENT

If I Were Cliff....

Doctorzit

Freshman
May 26, 2013
I would transfer after this year and go to a school where the coach can teach him better moves around the basket. He has not improved at all in this regard since he came to Rutgers. If better coaching still can't make a difference; at least he will know where he stands for the future.

I read his shooting is better. Where? Still can't shoot from 6 or 7 feet.

I would transfer after this year and go to a school where the coach can teach him better moves around the basket. He has not improved at all in this regard since he came to Rutgers. If better coaching still can't make a difference; at least he will know where he stands for the future.
**** this man

How about if you were cliff you would put in a bit of effort and try to show the younger guys how to play hard all game. Listen I can completely understand the frustration about his offensive game regressing but I am not going to stick up for a player who doesn't even put a shift in. I cannot remember the last time I've been this upset with one of our stars. He should have been benched yesterday and made an example. He was a disgrace and an embarrassment to competitive Sports yesterday.

Cliff is just a but uncoordinated and unnatural as a basketball player. One year at another school won't solve it
And to be clear I would never get on him if this was the criticism. But none of that absolves him from not giving any effort as the team leader. This is why I am so pointed in my criticism of him

lol. This is laughable.

He always passed the eye test. But, when confronted with talented players, he looks totally confused.
In terms of offense, he can't even figure out how to make a foul shot.
Have no idea where he will end up in terms of basketball, but it certainly is not in the NBA.

Somebody said it here few weeks back, and it's spot on

When you realize and accept the fact that Cliff is not actually a basketball player, (never was) and just an Uber athlete, it makes more sense when you watch him.

Last edited:
Reactions: whofrewdatmataRU13
Its hard to believe that a starting player for most of his four years at the same school would not show marked improvement in shooting .Cliff spent time during the off season attending meetings with NBA officials discussing what he needs to do to be a NBA player.His performance this season will surely impact his future in basketball.

Cliff’s problem isn’t coaching. He just doesn’t have a scorers touch.
He’s got absolutely no touch still can’t even shoot a baby hook
Has zero b-ball IQ
Does not box out on defense
The ball goes in to him it’s a black hole

If I were Cliff..

I’d go to a Big Man Camp and learn the game

Can’t argue with this. He’s not going to the NBA and he hasn’t gotten better here. He needs to be surrounded by good players to be effective since he has zero offensive skill.

I’m just amazed that he’s still trying to make layups on the side of rim without using the back board. That is just being hardheaded or unwilling to play basketball the right way in the paint.

GO RU

I’m just amazed that he’s still trying to make layups on the side of rim without using the back board. That is just being hardheaded or unwilling to play basketball the right way in the paint.

GO RU

My 8yo had his first rec basketball session yesterday.
They specifically made them shoot and use the square.
If you made it without the square then it didn’t count during that drill.

He said he was the only one to hit it both times and make it.
Sign him up!!

Reactions: toby83 and satnom
When we talk about "hands," what we're really talking about are fingers. Having played a lot of basketball, I have very smart individual fingers on my right hand, but still difficulty individually with my left fingers so they work more like a paddle and less like a quartet or quintet. Afraid Cliff has dumb fingers.

Should have already done it.

Reactions: RUich
Cliff’s problem isn’t coaching. He just doesn’t have a scorers touch.
This! Cliffs game was never back to the basket post play and I have no clue why it’s getting forced. As a Knicks fan, I think he has the highest ceiling playing the Mitchell Robinson role. Pick and roll screener and a lob threat while being an elite rim protector and rebounder.

If Pike would simplify his offensive role and really focus on his natural rim protecting and rebounding ability I feel like he would be much more successful.

Reactions: RU82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT