ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana - A Good Time Was Had By All

Sep 15, 2018
Sister-in-law is an IU grad, so our party of 4 had good accommodations, great seats and "Gate 4" parking, which is more or less the equivalent of our Scarlet lot. We rolled in a couple hours before game time and were immediately hailed by a large IU tailgate party who insisted we join them. Good folks. They fed us, poured us drinks and we exchanged information so that they can make the trip out to P'way next year and hang out with us.

Great game, but that Indiana team is deflated. It really does remind me of us during the last couple of Ash years. Just no sense of hope, whatsoever.

It looked to me that outside a bunch of shirtless skinny dudes (all single I presume) and the Rutgers band, there were less people in attendance than a Rutgers game on a rainy day when we were getting blown out by temple.

I don’t feel so bad now for leaving blowouts to go back to my tailgate.

Reactions: read option
It looked to me that outside a bunch of shirtless skinny dudes (all single I presume) and the Rutgers band, there were less people in attendance than a Rutgers game on a rainy day when we were getting blown out by temple.

I don’t feel so bad now for leaving blowouts to go back to my tailgate.

The environments are very similar. I'd say there were maybe 20k people in the stands in the first half and at least that many who opted to stay in the parking lots. By halftime the people in the stadium were streaming toward the exits.

Reactions: beaced
The environments are very similar. I'd say there were maybe 20k people in the stands in the first half and at least that many who opted to stay in the parking lots. By halftime the people in the stadium were streaming toward the exits.
How nice it will be to see 100,000 unhappy people empty their stands next Sat.,throughout the game.Add that sight to the Win and it will be Icing on the Cake.

Last edited:
No small task for Rutgers but it is time… team needs to play with how do we say…”with their hair on fire”. September 24, 1988 21-16 …we are so way due for a win at Penn State.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT