ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana fires Tom Allen

Keep your eye out for Jamey Chadwell of Liberty
He went undefeated there this year and his Coastal Carolina teams
were darn good

My new favorite is any team we beat is in cHaOs or dIsaRrAy so it doesn't count

I just learned today VT was in dIsArRaY so beating them was in fact not a good win at all
You're paying too much attention to the "We should be beating Ohio State, Michigan, and Pedd State" crowd. You know...the same ones who will be complaining about the traffic problem when we finally get that 100,000 seat stadium in Piscataway.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Keep your eye out for Jamey Chadwell of Liberty
He went undefeated there this year and his Coastal Carolina teams
were darn good
I haven't seen him connected with IU. I read a year or two ago that his wife prefers to stay in the south. I didn't get the impression was all that interested even in Miss State but if something like Arkansas or better opens up next year then I could see it.

Mullen took his name out of IU. Jason Candle, Kane Wommack (former IU DC), Justin Frye (OSU OL coach and former IU player), Ryan Grubb (UW OC and assistant to former IU OC DeBoer) and Tom Herman are names I've seen tied to it but who knows.

I haven't seen him connected with IU. I read a year or two ago that his wife prefers to stay in the south. I didn't get the impression was all that interested even in Miss State but if something like Arkansas or better opens up next year then I could see it.

Mullen took his name out of IU. Jason Candle, Kane Wommack (former IU DC), Justin Frye (OSU OL coach and former IU player), Ryan Grubb (UW OC and assistant to former IU OC DeBoer) and Tom Herman are names I've seen tied to it but who knows.
The way Chadwell made CC and Liberty made him a possibility in my guesswork, but if his wife wants the south I'm sure she won't be waiting too long before he gets a P-5 HC job for a southern school.
Don't know how much a step up Tulane would be if Fritz gets the Duke or Houston job.
Seems like the AD there isn't making a strong effort to keep Fritz and that AD isn't the one that had a great relationship with Fritz that helped keep Fritz at Tulane while some programs seemed to have him in their sights last year

The way Chadwell made CC and Liberty made him a possibility in my guesswork, but if his wife wants the south I'm sure she won't be waiting too long before he gets a P-5 HC job for a southern school.
Don't know how much a step up Tulane would be if Fritz gets the Duke or Houston job.
Seems like the AD there isn't making a strong effort to keep Fritz and that AD isn't the one that had a great relationship with Fritz that helped keep Fritz at Tulane while some programs seemed to have him in their sights last year
Unless he cools off dramatically, next step for Chadwell is the P5. He's not going to Tulane if Fritz happens to leave.

Interesting contract for Allen. Looks like the date of Dec 1 wasn't a stair-step line.. but a smooth ramp with pro-rated buyout from $20M Dec 1 2023 to $8M Dec 1 2024.

The effect of that is keeping him through recruiting and through bowl season.. when you usually go shopping for a new coach.. and then make the move in the spring or later.. to save a few mil.

Smart contract.. for Allen.

Maybe Indiana goes after our DC and we take Allen as our DC. We know he is into the F.A.M.I.L.Y. thing. But since Allen was their DC before coming HC.. my guess is Indiana looks for an offense guy as HC.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Interesting contract for Allen. Looks like the date of Dec 1 wasn't a stair-step line.. but a smooth ramp with pro-rated buyout from $20M Dec 1 2023 to $8M Dec 1 2024.

The effect of that is keeping him through recruiting and through bowl season.. when you usually go shopping for a new coach.. and then make the move in the spring or later.. to save a few mil.

Smart contract.. for Allen.

Maybe Indiana goes after our DC and we take Allen as our DC. We know he is into the F.A.M.I.L.Y. thing. But since Allen was their DC before coming HC.. my guess is Indiana looks for an offense guy as HC.
It wasn't actually a big dropoff after that date as was intimated by some reports. I posted a Rittenberg tweet saying that.

Also with regards to the opening, footballscoop said that the JMU coach Curt Cignetti has emerged as the lead target for IU. Thought he would have been a good option for Syracuse and Duke (similar lower status schools).

Looks like the type of hire Kansas State made when they brought in Klieman from North Dakota State

Reactions: biker7766
Looks like the type of hire Kansas State made when they brought in Klieman from North Dakota State

Yea but I’d add Leipold, DeBoer and Kelly as well as they all came up from the lower FCS type levels as well.

We’ll see if he works out but he’s worthy of the shot. IU, Duke, Syracuse type of schools in the P5 or G5 schools are mainly the ones that will give these profile of coaches that type of opportunity.

Yea but I’d add Leipold, DeBoer and Kelly as well as they all came up from the lower FCS type levels as well.

We’ll see if he works out but he’s worthy of the shot. IU, Duke, Syracuse type of schools in the P5 or G5 schools are mainly the ones that will give these profile of coaches that type of opportunity.
I thought age and being at a lower leval might keep him out of the mix, even if everything else was a plus.
Glad to see I don't know what I think I know 😆

I thought age and being at a lower leval might keep him out of the mix, even if everything else was a plus.
Glad to see I don't know what I think I know 😆
Nick Saban and Mack Brown are 72, Cignetti is 62…he’s a spring chicken lol.

There’s actually a plus to his age though. If he’s good he may just stick around. A younger coach will likely leave at first opportunity if he’s good. IMO longevity shouldn’t be a factor in a hire but it’s bonus if you can get it assuming other metrics you’re looking at are good.

You're paying too much attention to the "We should be beating Ohio State, Michigan, and Pedd State" crowd. You know...the same ones who will be complaining about the traffic problem when we finally get that 100,000 seat stadium in Piscataway.
but it's the iowa, md, and wisconsin games that are driving it, not the ones you mentioned

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT