ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries

Manhattan

All American
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2001
I haven't followed the team much this year and I know Scaife, a great player, is hurt. Who else is injured and expected to return next year?

I looked at the stats and I saw that someone namedKate Hill played a lot early but isn't playing now. Is she hurt too?

Thanks

I read somewhere "stress fracture in her foot."

Still showing a boot on the bench.

Appeared in eight OOC games, so imagine a medical redshirt is out.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed how much Tyler is intently and consistently observant of the play, even of the pregame shootout.

It's more than just being a good teammate cheerleader. She watches everything like a coach.

I haven't noticed her actually doing a lot of verbal coaching of her teammates. Has anyone else?

IMO, she should be invited to travel with the team to away games. She would be a beneficial presence on the bench.

Reactions: ScarletDave
I haven't followed the team much this year and I know Scaife, a great player, is hurt. Who else is injured and expected to return next year?

I looked at the stats and I saw that someone namedKate Hill played a lot early but isn't playing now. Is she hurt too?

Thanks
Yes. She's in a boot with a stress fracture. Last player we had with a stress fracture was out all year as well. She is a true freshman.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed how much Tyler is intently and consistently observant of the play, even of the pregame shootout.

It's more than just being a good teammate cheerleader. She watches everything like a coach.

I haven't noticed her actually doing a lot of verbal coaching of her teammates. Has anyone else?

IMO, she should be invited to travel with the team to away games. She would be a beneficial presence on the bench.
Yes. She's been a cheerleader, assistant coach and whatever else she can be.
I'm not sure but i don't believe she can travel with them to away games.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Ashli Jeune also out for the year with a torn ACL
Ashli is the older sister of Aliyah. She will be little help. She came to RU as a package deal in order to get her much more talented sister. They both verbally committed number of years before either graduated HS.

I remember when Aliyah was very young (around 8th grade), I read a review that put her as potentially #1 in her class. I vaguely remember comparisons to Maya Moore. That did not happen, but she did end up rated #37 nationally.

Ashli is smaller, slower and doesn't have as good a shot as Aliyah. As Seniors in HS, Ashli average 8 pts/game while Aliyah averaged 18.

Aliyah was our last quality HS recruit. K Sanders was a 1st team JUCO All-American.

Reactions: bac2therac
Ashli is the older sister of Aliyah. She will be little help. She came to RU as a package deal in order to get her much more talented sister. They both verbally committed number of years before either graduated HS.

I remember when Aliyah was very young (around 8th grade), I read a review that put her as potentially #1 in her class. I vaguely remember comparisons to Maya Moore. That did not happen, but she did end up rated #37 nationally.

Ashli is smaller, slower and doesn't have as good a shot as Aliyah. As Seniors in HS, Ashli average 8 pts/game while Aliyah averaged 18.

Aliyah was our last quality HS recruit. K Sanders was a 1st team JUCO All-American.

KK Sanders is not a JUCo she is a true Sophmore & Ashli Jeune would be valuable to give some of our starters a rest since now they are forced to play nearly the entire game.

Thanks
I think (and hope ) that she could be back at some point in the season.

KK Sanders is not a JUCo she is a true Sophmore & Ashli Jeune would be valuable to give some of our starters a rest since now they are forced to play nearly the entire game.
Sorry TRu... In re of the JUCO I meant K. Barber. And Ashli (8 pt HS ave) would never have been given a Div 1A schalorship if it wasn't for her sister. I would be surprised if we see her except for mop up duty in the last minute of a big win or lose. But w CVS, who knows. (Starting walk ons).
[

Sorry TRu... In re of the JUCO I meant K. Barber. And Ashli (8 pt HS ave) would never have been given a Div 1A schalorship if it wasn't for her sister. I would be surprised if we see her except for mop up duty in the last minute of a big win or lose. But w CVS, who knows. (Starting walk ons).
[
Ashli played last year, so there is no reason that she would not be playing, if healthy, this year. PS: The only reason that Devin McCourty got an RU scholarship was so his Brother Jason would sign with RU, five years later Devin is a first round NFL draft pick while Jason is drafted in the 6th round.
Just checked the stats from last year Ashli played in 20 games

Ashli played last year, so there is no reason that she would not be playing, if healthy, this year. PS: The only reason that Devin McCourty got an RU scholarship was so his Brother Jason would sign with RU, five years later Devin is a first round NFL draft pick while Jason is drafted in the 6th round.

]

Come on TRU. First, please read what I am writing. I never said she wouldn't play next year, I said I would be surprised. I also said that w CVS, who knows.

She is not a Div 1A player. I believe you that she played in 20 games last year, but you forgot to also state that she had a 0.4/game average.[/QUOTE

Can anyone name the players that make up the "Rojos"? I imagine it's Scaife, Ashli, but who are the rest? I think there are 8 all together. The freshmen/transfers.

Can anyone name the players that make up the "Rojos"? I imagine it's Scaife, Ashli, but who are the rest? I think there are 8 all together. The freshmen/transfers.
Ciani Cryer - 5'5" sophomore guard from Georgia Tech
Kate Hill - 5'7" freshman guard currently out with a stress fracture
Kathleen Futzpatrick - 5'9" senior guard from St. Joe's
DaChe Williams - 6'2"junior guard who has been eligible to play, but apparently has had and continues to have a concussion
Stasha Carey - 6'2" junior forward from Pitt
Tyler and Ashli are medical redshirts, and I guess it's possible that both Kate Hill and DaChe Williams may ultimately get one also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT